Section II - Short Answer (1 Viewer)

michaeljennings

HSC
is internet acceptable for secondary?
i put down internet to read local reviews and see what local people like about existing/want to see in hairdressers
last q was not too difficult but bro the q specifically said sluts are worried about the other hairdresses and want to quickly establish marketshare so i used price penetration
Yeah i think if you explain it well, anything goes.

And yeah, i used price skimming and said they could differentiate themselves from all the other hairdressers as an innovative, highest quality service,so customers will be attracted to their store over the existing ones.
But it was an analyse question, so of course i also said that they potential customers could be deterred by the higher prices and stay with their existing hairdressers.

In these kinds of analyse/explain questions, from what i've seen in marking schemes, anything seems to go, as long as it fits the syllabus, and you can support and sustain your argument well.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah i think if you explain it well, anything goes.

And yeah, i used price skimming and said they could differentiate themselves from all the other hairdressers as an innovative, highest quality service,so customers will be attracted to their store over the existing ones.
But it was an analyse question, so of course i also said that they potential customers could be deterred by the higher prices and stay with their existing hairdressers.

In these kinds of analyse/explain questions, from what i've seen in marking schemes, anything seems to go, as long as it fits the syllabus, and you can support and sustain your argument well.
I said the local newspaper.

As competitors information maybe be there or advertisements from competitors which may indicate how the business is going to differentiate itself

hup

HSC
N/A
how many words fit onto one of those booklet pages (average size writing)

michaeljennings

HSC
i was asking for the question about giving an example of how managers can reconcile conflict with two stakeholders lol :) would it still be ok?? haha
Yeah, that was part b) of question 21, so i don't think it was asking for employment relations/dispute resolution process- but in saying that if you identified 2 stakholders and gave an example of conflict & how it was solved by a manger, it would still get you some marks.

I said the local newspaper.

As competitors information maybe be there or advertisements from competitors which may indicate how the business is going to differentiate itself
How did you tie it back to how that would help the business determine their target market?

hup

HSC
N/A
i reckon last q was easy 6 marks especially if you do eco

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, that was part b) of question 21, so i don't think it was asking for employment relations/dispute resolution process- but in saying that if you identified 2 stakholders and gave an example of conflict & how it was solved by a manger, it would still get you some marks.

How did you tie it back to how that would help the business determine their target market?
Umm i did mention it back i remember. But yeah that was my first sentence all i could remember.

Skriker

HSC

Oh right, but it didn't say specifically about management and change in the question so hopefully i will get the marks :)

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
For conflict i said

shareholders/owners and local community

-ecological sustainability and i elaborated on it with management solving it.

JimmyMack

Premium Member
HSC
i reckon last q was easy 6 marks especially if you do eco
haha i agree :) thanks god for economics and it constantly talking about the effects of currency fluctuations and interest rates :D! Btw, for the secondary source i put collecting info from competitor press releases which might say what market they target. Could this be correct?

Skriker

HSC
haha i agree :) thanks god for economics and it constantly talking about the effects of currency fluctuations and interest rates :D! Btw, for the secondary source i put collecting info from competitor press releases which might say what market they target. Could this be correct?
yeah ecos helped me with a load of questions, especially the one about the RBA in the multiple choice :p

shakky

HSC
What did you guys write for the question on one cost control and revenue control??
For cost control- reducing operating expenses in order to reduce fixed costs to increase the profit margin on product
For revenue control- choosing appropriate pricing policy (same as price strategy in marketing) as either penetration or skimming. Gave advantages of both.

Phoenix 12

HSC
Uni Grad
Could you have also said cost centres as a cost control method?

mitchh81

HSC
For Conflict i said

employers vs employees
eco downturn > reduce staff (employer wants to reduce staff, employees fear job lost)

employer provides flexible work conditions ( job sharing + work from home)
everyone is happy :)

correct ???

anguscoble

HSC
[/QUOTE]
For the cost controls the points were:
fixed and variable costs
expense minimisation
cost centres
Revenue Controls:
sales objectives
sales mix
pricing policy

those were the only ones.....

shakky

HSC
How were you supposed to answer this question?
a)With reference to one change model, explain how change can be effectively managed. (4)
I mentioned the lewins unfreez/change/refreeze model, but I also metioned the the method of change such as identify need, set goals.... blahblah.
it was abit of a messy question for me

yr12yr12

HSC
N/A
for the gross profit ratio did you have to comment on it ??

Swazz

Jooocy
HSC
How were you supposed to answer this question?
a)With reference to one change model, explain how change can be effectively managed. (4)
I mentioned the lewins unfreez/change/refreeze model, but I also metioned the the method of change such as identify need, set goals.... blahblah.
it was abit of a messy question for me
Spot on! Except it would've been easier to structure if you went Stage 1: unfreeze (Identify and set goals); 2: Change (new culture with change agents to accommodate for the new change through use of teams); 3: refreeze (compare performance & provide ongoing support).

Swazz

Jooocy
HSC
for the gross profit ratio did you have to comment on it ??
No, it said calculate the Gross profit for 2010. (showing working)
I'm guessing alot of people would only get 1 out of 2 for that question as for the show working, they needed to correctly identify the gross profit and sales using the ('000s) given below the Years.
e.g. 720,000 instead of just using 720 in calculating.

shakky

HSC
Spot on! Except it would've been easier to structure if you went Stage 1: unfreeze (Identify and set goals); 2: Change (new culture with change agents to accommodate for the new change through use of teams); 3: refreeze (compare performance & provide ongoing support).
Yeah they way put it makes it more logical, i mentioned the stages first (because I had no idea initially) than when I finally remembered I kinda linked it in. I just hope the marker at least gives 2/4 for trying-lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)