Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

Nebuchanezzar said:
This thread is biz-zay.

Anyway, that DBM tard was running late to our lecture. He had his reasons, but I was unimpressed either way. IHPF, is this usual? If so I'm vcross, aka :vcross:
Occasionally yes. I would be waiting so patiently for him to arrive and he would make me wait. Then he would run down the stairs (the General Lecture Theatre ones) and his mantitties would be flying in all directions, then I'd get kinda repulsed. :eek:

Once or twice he would answer his phone in the lecture, he had his reasons but it would annoy me nevertheless.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Martyno1 said:
Hey, does anyone know if I can drop a core unit and pretend I'll do it next year? I'm enrolled in B International Studies and one of my core units is ECOP1001, but I hate it so much and I know I'll fail it or something, and I also know that I will definitely be transferring degrees either through mid-year entry or next year, so I really don't want to do it at all (I'd rather do Anthropology which I want to major in when I transfer to BSc (Adv)/Arts). So can I drop ECOP1001 and pretend I'll do it next year and take up ANTH1001 even though ECOP1001 is one of my core subjects (do I have to do it in my first year?)?
you didnt have to do that core unit in the first place if you transfer. there is no requirement to do a core unit in a given year. You could have taken ECOP1001 in your third year if you wanted to.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

stazi said:
you didnt have to do that core unit in the first place if you transfer. there is no requirement to do a core unit in a given year. You could have taken ECOP1001 in your third year if you wanted to.
thank you sooooooooo much. also can i still change my timetable online or do i have to go and do it in person?!

edit/ actually nvm i just realised i can answer that question on my own.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Iheartpaulfrank said:
Occasionally yes. I would be waiting so patiently for him to arrive and he would make me wait. Then he would run down the stairs (the General Lecture Theatre ones) and his mantitties would be flying in all directions, then I'd get kinda repulsed. :eek:

Once or twice he would answer his phone in the lecture, he had his reasons but it would annoy me nevertheless.
Uh...I...I...Ewwww.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

KarmaKitten said:
He is the lecturer for Australian Social History 1919-1998 (tho the course seems to have extended to 2008)

And the man can babble. Completely off topic most of the time. A part of me wants to pick the other Australian history topic.
Yeah, neither of this sem's aussie history courses really appeal to me. I might be doing Politics and Nation with the concentrated awesome that is James Curran next sem though.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
Uh...I...I...Ewwww.
fuck man :( i flicked my screen before realising the bug wasnt real in your sig.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

arrrrgggghhh the SCLG2606 reading for the first tute is so horrible. the writer is seriously one of the worst academics ever. As a sociologist, he should know that a decade sparks a lot of cultural change, especially in terms of technology. Yet, he references a study made 10 years before his publication.

This study was qualitative and only observed 18 white families. He makes conclusions based on these findings. You can't make conclusions about society based on a non-representative sample, especially when only one of the 18 people in your sample exhibit characteristics of a trend.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC

blakegman said:
fuck man :( i flicked my screen before realising the bug wasnt real in your sig.
yeah same lmao. i was tryna poke it off the screen lol. :(

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

whore ray!
I was looking at my timetable and realised I have two tutes for the same subject, and found it a little weird. I then saw that one of them was for only one week, so instead of getting home at 7:45 I get home at 4:15 on thursday :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC

what time is ur SCLG tute you hommus

HSC

blakegman said:
I had an instinct to do the same but I didn't actually do it! :p

Sorry Neb, that was graphic. I had Reality, Ethics & Beauty with him pre-manboobie stage. By the time I did Society, Self and Knowledge...

stazi

Nightman
HSC

stupid fag, fuck you :( im on thursgay

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC

A High Way Man said:
wtf i dont know java
That erath sieve thing amirite? if i remember correctly (did it last year), you'll do it in java first and then do it in C the next week...then everything will be in C (or unix shell scripting) so you can relax.

You transferred in didn't you? Didn't learn any java in equiv first year courses or something?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC

nah i didnt, are all the later COMP/SOFT courses in java? guess ill have to learn tht then

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC

If comp2007 (2nd sem subject...most software guys are supposed to do it) was based on the old comp2160 couse then yeah they'll use java. Asides from that, maybe the 3rd year algorithms course? I dunno

Java is pretty similar to C though, you'll pick it up easy. Besides, once you get the hang of one or two languages like C, Java or C++ etc. you can pretty much transfer those concepts to many other languages easily...it's just a matter of syntax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)