• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
ner.

like, it's a fucking three hour block atm. 2 hr lecture and 1 hr tutorial right after yes? that's insane.

i'm also doing practical ethics next semester. so
quantum chemistry
philosopht of modern physics
synthetic medicinal chemistry
practical ethics

wank wank wank go

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
The token assignment drama of semester. So, it was due 4pm today, I had placement at Leichhardt at 1pm. Partner, who's the "editor", sends me the "final" thing to submit in at 11 while I'm on the train. Run to SciTech, get on a computer at 11:45, realises that the "final" thing is nowhere near done. Everything was wrong with it--no intro or conclusion, a shit abstract, bad spelling and grammar, tables and figures not numbered correctly, style of referencing used inconsistent, messy reference list, no title page...basically, she lumped our contributions together and called that done.

Used my super awesome editing skills to polish it up (seriously no kidding, I'm a pretty good editor when needed), then realised SciTech has no colour printing (this was at 2pm, so I'm already late for placement). Run to Fisher, beg the Indian guy at the ACCESS centre to print off one colour page for me because I have no money on extro account (never use access centres) and promise to pay him in coins. The guy is awesome...prints for me, and says I can keep the change...WOOT FREE COLOUR PRINTING!

Run to pharmacy, realise the printing is out of line, so cross out the duplicated bits (running too late by this time), staple it, drop it in assigment box, run out to Footbridge bus stop...guess what, 437 comes immediately, and I end up at my pharmacy in Leichhardt at 2:30pm. That, and the Indian guy, saved my ass. I think some deity up there must be making things alright.

Fuck horrible partners are shit. To be fair, her Internet was down for the last week. But honestly, I should've picked a better partner at the beginning...she had a history of failing subjects and judging by what she turned in to me I'm not surprised why. And people who actually do well should learn to be on time for class so I can partner up with them instead of shit people who fail all the time.

/RANT

Hopefully no more dramas for this sem, but I have a very foreboding feeling there will be more....
maybe she knew that if she did shit, you'd fix it up for her to make sure you didn't both fail

she won the game

lala2

Banned
HSC
You know what, you're right. But I wasn't going to do nothing about it. I don't give a fuck about anyone else's marks, but I do care about my own. I'm not failing just because I got a shit partner. Argh uni. Thye obviously want to keep us in here as long as possible and wring more money out of us.

Who would've thought final year would be so hard? It should be the home run but it isn't...in fact, it's the hardest year of them all....

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
gah, data analysis report, too sleepy, only worth two marks, but i want them... yet so much time and effort required

gooooing for caffeine fix

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
explain moar plz

honi soit expose

heppy birthday velox

don't be a sad panda silver persian :(
(i needed an interim signature after i scrapped the ail one, so while i come up with something equally as awesome an enemies list will suffice)

i got 64 for that english essay for lit/cin. i was expecting a v low pass. success!
expecting a credit for my 2660 one
69, owned mofuckerrrrrrrrrr
Seems like most people did fairly shit

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
i reckon lol

my comment said "need more in depth analysis"

quite true. mine was written liek a year 12 essay.

do you go to the lectures bazookajoe?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
speaking of USU, when is the new building next to wentworth going to get some shops and not be a bleak depressing grey expanse? it looks like they've even given up on the coffee cart they had there for a few weeks.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
speaking of USU, when is the new building next to wentworth going to get some shops and not be a bleak depressing grey expanse? it looks like they've even given up on the coffee cart they had there for a few weeks.
lol its going to look like a shit wasteland forever

waste of money imo

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure someone (probably me) predicted that the Wentworth Building would continue to be the main building out of those two. I was right. Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)