Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
so lyk only 90 more after last week!
That'll work as an estimate. I don't know how much I drank...

And ffs, ECMT1010 isn't appearing on my Blackboard. Trying to work out if the textbook is required. :/

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Do we get another chance to change units of study for second semester before second semester?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Serious question... What do you actually do? Like, I thought you were in arts, but then you said something about a maths lecture?
Double degree. Science/Arts. Triple majoring (Psych/HPS/English Lit) and I changed my degree 4 times in my first two years so it wasn't until my third year that I actually needed to do first year maths (to meet the science degree component) but I was doing maths in my psych degree at the time so decided to put it off so I wasn't overloaded with numbers and they only offer advanced English units on a 2 year rotational basis meaning I did all the English subjects I was desperate to do instead of the maths because that could wait. I did the maths last year but got really sick in about week 10 and spent several weeks in hospital and I was confined to bed for 6 weeks once I left hospital so I couldn't finish the maths courses. Hence doing first year maths with LHS this year.

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
dont want to now cause im not sure about next semester yet. Can you do psyc1002 without having done psyc1001, then do psyc1001 later (like in summer school?) ill probably keep maths on.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
dont want to now cause im not sure about next semester yet. Can you do psyc1002 without having done psyc1001, then do psyc1001 later (like in summer school?) ill probably keep maths on.
yeah you can.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Nothing like taking an hour on stem and leaf plots...cause you know numbers have first digits and second digits...and sometimes a third :0
Wait, WHAT?! REALLY?!?!

Why is it that first year girls often insist on wearing their finest outfits - it's only uni :p. I love seeing all the first years with the huge bags packed to the brim with unnecessary stuff. The funniest though is people asking to go to the bathroom during a tutorial (I confess, I did this once as a first year - how embarassing).
I'm guilty of this. I like to play pokemon on my DS during breaks. :(

Had a guy ask how much the textbooks were in my Latin lecture today. I was like 'Aw, sweetie'.
Was he hot?

Yeah, sorry. First day in, I'm over it already.
Yep!
Already on fb in my first anatomy lecture. ^_^

Yes, but you can only have 48 CP of junior science subjects count towards a BSc or something like that. ^_^

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
My Monday only has one lecture. Nonetheless, I was excited as balls to be back!

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I've got two CLAW1001 lectures tomorrow, we're actually learning stuff and I want to print the lecture slides up. But the dick put a blue background on the downloadable ones.
Fixed it, had to get rid of a background object in the master slide. I'm not wasting my ink on.

Last edited:

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
So, this time around I almost managed to get through two full days of university before deciding to only attend tutorials/practicals.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
So, this time around I almost managed to get through two full days of university before deciding to only attend tutorials/practicals.
really? Fuck. *claps*

I've already stopped studying/paying attention.
(inb4 repeats first year)

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
really? Fuck. *claps*

I've already stopped studying/paying attention.
(inb4 repeats first year)
Honestly, I just feel like I can't get my brain into gear when I'm at uni unless I drink a gallon of coffee. That three hour commute + exhaustion down time is fucking awful.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, I just feel like I can't get my brain into gear when I'm at uni unless I drink a gallon of coffee. That three hour commute + exhaustion down time is fucking awful.
Yeah… it takes me 10 minutes to get to uni and I'm still like that. ^_^

HSC
I have a massive girl crush on my archaeology lecturer. So keen for this unit. Mm...cataloguing all the artefacts.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
How awful is it going to be when we have to find actual jobs?

RishBonjour

HSC
fuck, I'm still confused about uni. Are we supposed to be making notes? Is there some kind of a syllabus to follow? The unit of study does not look like it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)