• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
fuck, I'm still confused about uni. Are we supposed to be making notes? Is there some kind of a syllabus to follow? The unit of study does not look like it to me.
Yes.

No.

rosemcc

HSC
ok so I have 11am biostats... can barely understand the lecturer like I can tell the content is pretty easy so far but it doesn't seem easy because I'm straining kinda hard to understand... 8ams are a bit too early for me bc I have a longish commute so idk what to dooooo #help

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
ok so I have 11am biostats... can barely understand the lecturer like I can tell the content is pretty easy so far but it doesn't seem easy because I'm straining kinda hard to understand... 8ams are a bit too early for me bc I have a longish commute so idk what to dooooo #help
If you qualify for the Maths Learning Centre, go to lectures then go there afterwards to get them to help you with any concepts you missed.

Alternately, become good buddies with your tutor and visit them in their consultation times and get them to go over things with you. Or read the textbook.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
Re: USYD Info - What do YOU want included?

random question but whats the name of the place out the front of the new law annex building that everyone sits near (out the front on the tables with chairs and on the grass)??

rosemcc

HSC

random question but whats the name of the place out the front of the new law annex building that everyone sits near (out the front on the tables with chairs and on the grass)??
Taste. Not an access cafe though :(

aaand thanks blue suede will do!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC

Taste. Not an access cafe though :(

aaand thanks blue suede will do!
Also referred to as 'Campos' because they sell campos coffee which is different to the coffee sold at the coffee carts.

And it DOES accept access. Though it's not owned by the university

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
love uni but im buggered from all this walking.
Also, missed my first lecture this morning ^__^, slept in an hour late..... whoops

Last edited:

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Fuck oath.

Can't tell if WRIT1001 is going to be stupidly hard or stupidy easy.

HSC
Haha. Oh, my god. The difference in MQ and USyd units in workload and stuff. Holy Zeus.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
easy shit apparently. did you have your first lecture yet?
Yeah. The lecturer was talking about all this shit and I was like wut. This is meant to be easy. But then she described the assessments and like. They sound easy as anything.

enoilgam

HSC
Yeah. The lecturer was talking about all this shit and I was like wut. This is meant to be easy. But then she described the assessments and like. They sound easy as anything.
Lecturers love talking up the difficulty of units, especially for first years. I'm doing this first year course at the moment and the lecturer is full on scaring the crap out of the first years by saying that the subject has a tonne of work etc. All of my friends who have done the unit say it's piss easy. It's just a scare tactic I think.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Lecturers love talking up the difficulty of units, especially for first years. I'm doing this first year course at the moment and the lecturer is full on scaring the crap out of the first years by saying that the subject has a tonne of work etc. All of my friends who have done the unit say it's piss easy. It's just a scare tactic I think.
Yeah, it also gives you a bit of an ego boost when you are going well in a subject a lecturer has talked up lol.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
USyd and Notre Dame aren't comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)