• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm listening to a fundamental physics lecture and we literally just spent the past thirty minutes defining density lololol

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Lecturers love talking up the difficulty of units, especially for first years. I'm doing this first year course at the moment and the lecturer is full on scaring the crap out of the first years by saying that the subject has a tonne of work etc. All of my friends who have done the unit say it's piss easy. It's just a scare tactic I think.
Can't remember if I've mentioned this yet, but great moment in first lecture of the semester when the lecturer goes 'I have more power than your school teachers. I can kick you out of my class!'

then proceeded with an insanely dry lecture that made me want to leave of my own accord

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
argggg usyd....strike!
I had no problem with them, but then again I was muttering about how they were entitled pricks as I walked through the picket line...

And we also had a guy get up in front of our lecturer and tell us all to walk out. No one in the lecture hall moved.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't remember if I've mentioned this yet, but great moment in first lecture of the semester when the lecturer goes 'I have more power than your school teachers. I can kick you out of my class!'

then proceeded with an insanely dry lecture that made me want to leave of my own accord
It was definitely the highlight of my first uni lecture ever for sure.

I had no problem with them, but then again I was muttering about how they were entitled pricks as I walked through the picket line...

And we also had a guy get up in front of our lecturer and tell us all to walk out. No one in the lecture hall moved.
Yep, apparently noone left at any of the ones they ranted at :p

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm listening to a fundamental physics lecture and we literally just spent the past thirty minutes defining density lololol
Yeah, funnies apparently really easy up until the last topic, which is easier than the easiest topic of regular.

:'(

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

i would've left.

^_^

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Am I able to cherry pick the lecture times that I attend? Meaning, If an 8am maths lecture doesn't suit me on monday, could I attend the 11am monday and 8am tuesday?

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Am I able to cherry pick the lecture times that I attend? Meaning, If an 8am maths lecture doesn't suit me on monday, could I attend the 11am monday and 8am tuesday?
Absolutely.

RishBonjour

HSC
ugh 8 am starts.
My lecture was on yesterday so I went, however the computer didn't work so it was cancelled. lol once again. Fuck USYD IT department is a joke.

Aysce

HSC
ugh 8 am starts.
My lecture was on yesterday so I went, however the computer didn't work so it was cancelled. lol once again. Fuck USYD IT department is a joke.
Rish, were you near the Co-op bookshop like yesterday? I think I saw you :haha:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Yes, but keep in mind that lecturers move at different paces and sometimes you'll find that if the monday lecture is a bit slow, but the tues one is fast, you might end up missing material. Also, if they end a lecture with an example, you'll miss going through that example in the next class.

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, but keep in mind that lecturers move at different paces and sometimes you'll find that if the monday lecture is a bit slow, but the tues one is fast, you might end up missing material. Also, if they end a lecture with an example, you'll miss going through that example in the next class.
True, but considering maths is a strong point of mine (even though I don't like it much) it shouldn't affect me greatly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)