• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Re: Semester II Chatter Thread!

Yea generally they set times new roman, it doesn't matter if you used a 'nicer' font, they want uniformity.

veridis

droog
HSC

pft i'm with malfoy on this, calibri ftw. initially i liked arial but you had to use it a bit smaller than any other font to look good. used candara for a bit but calibri being default in 07 does make it so much easier.
the 1.5 spacing is nice too, means you can cram more in while still looking like double space to the casual observer, though i often mess with line spacing to make sure i fill up my last page to a nice 3/4. never looks good only having one para on the last page or having it packed full.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

the edfac little blue book doesn't mention anything about fonts in their word processing section, so if I were to be marked down for font choice then there'd be a very angry red haired guy stomping around the education building demanding an explanation.

who'd have thought fonts could create so much discussion and bring so many to the conversation. Hoorah.

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
and yet you use Times New Roman? You bring shame to the world of font nerds.

gtfo.
Umm excusez-moi? I HAD to use it for my psych report. I didn't have a choice. Beyond Wonderland ftw.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

I'm very proud of me.

I started at 1pm yesterday and managed to write a reasonably coherent 2000 word essay. I even proofread it twice (once I thought it was going to be the real copy til I found a mistake. Then I found half a dozen more).

And I finished it all by 930 tonight. I've relaxed and now I'm going to beddy bobos.

Arial size 11.

AH must attach criteria sheet.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

wtf is a bobos?

I slipped mine under Dr. Stevie's door because he wasn't there at 9am. Jerk. Lol, there was this person wandering around the education building too, who I saw pass me a few times. If I was a nicer person I would have offered directions.

HSC

Anyone else check out their rooms for their exams and seat numbers? I'm in the Carriageworks thing for two of my exams, whatever that is. Sounds like I'm going to do my exams in one of those abandoned carriages at Redfern Stn or something.

Oh and I saw the Nebuchanezzar look-a-like with the red cons today. In fact I've seen him around quite a bit, he was in my psychology lecture today. He has the whole Ronald McDonald hair thing happening and he's tall. I always think it's you Nebuchanezzar! Argh!

:(

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Iheartpaulfrank said:
Anyone else check out their rooms for their exams and seat numbers? I'm in the Carriageworks thing for two of my exams, whatever that is. Sounds like I'm going to do my exams in one of those abandoned carriages at Redfern Stn or something.

Oh and I saw the Nebuchanezzar look-a-like with the red cons today. In fact I've seen him around quite a bit, he was in my psychology lecture today. He has the whole Ronald McDonald hair thing happening and he's tall. I always think it's you Nebuchanezzar! Argh!

hahha thats the guy i saw as well!

and carriageworks is on platform 5 at redfern station. you have to wait for the third train after your exam start time, and then run into the nearest pillar. You get transported to carriagewarts

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

k, wtf is "Wentworth Terrace Room". Apparently I have an exam there, in the Wenworth building.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Carriageworks is pretty cool. It's an old railway shed converted into a dance studio. Very echoey with high ceilings, HUGE amount of space.

I'm nowhere exciting. HK ward gym, Woolley lecture room, Quad room.

I handed my essay in to Dr Stevie when he was in the room. I went with my friend later and it was so hard for her to get her essay under the door. There were too many in there.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

jb_nc said:
k, wtf is "Wentworth Terrace Room". Apparently I have an exam there, in the Wenworth building.
whoa. i thought the wentworth building was just a glorified pit stop for when you're hungry or want to buy a paper. at least that's how i treat it.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

scarybunny said:
Carriageworks is pretty cool. It's an old railway shed converted into a dance studio. Very echoey with high ceilings, HUGE amount of space.

I'm nowhere exciting. HK ward gym, Woolley lecture room, Quad room.

I handed my essay in to Dr Stevie when he was in the room. I went with my friend later and it was so hard for her to get her essay under the door. There were too many in there.
yeah carriageworks is awesome. IHPF: make sure you know how to get there beforehand. i got lost last semester looking for it and probably would have ended up wandering for hours like a hobo and missing my exam if some nice person hadn't helped me out.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

I'm in HK Ward, which is interesting. Never been in that region of the uni before, over on Regimental Crescent.

+ HSTY1088 is in Storie Dixson? What? There can't be a room big enough to fit a couple of hundred people in there.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Triangulum said:
I'm in HK Ward, which is interesting. Never been in that region of the uni before, over on Regimental Crescent.

+ HSTY1088 is in Storie Dixson? What? There can't be a room big enough to fit a couple of hundred people in there.
it is likely that they split up the class into smaller rooms.

veridis

droog
HSC

meh carriageworks is ok but not that impressive, and they burn their milk at the cafe there.
i have pretty shit rooms for these exams, 1 in Wentworth Terrace Room(as above, wtf, listed as an "External Venue"), 2 in the PNR Eng Drawing Office(even more wtf) and 1 in quad room(phew somewhere normal)

HSC

stazi said:
and carriageworks is on platform 5 at redfern station. you have to wait for the third train after your exam start time, and then run into the nearest pillar. You get transported to carriagewarts
If only.

Oh and Cosmic Doris I will make sure I find them... somehow. I'm also in the HK Ward Gym and the PNR Eng building thingie, some drawing office there. :)

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

lawls im also in the drawing office thing and the HK ward gym. i wish i wouldnt be in that gym for once. i hate that gym.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A

Iheartpaulfrank said:

I think he's in my phil tute.. which i'm going to shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)