Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Facebook chat is the worst.
Agreed. What's up with the conversation going blank half the time? And now, 2 hours later, I manage to extricate myself from 4 conversations. I'm never going back on FB chat or MSN ever again.Looks like my goal of finishing all community applications tonight just went out the window.

lala2

Banned
HSC
EDIT: Managed to get my interview time at John Hunter changed from 9:20am to 1:10pm. Beats having to get up at 5am.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Got community interview. Yippee. Except the guy was really mean. He asked me why I applied so late. I wasn't going to tell him I applied for hospital, so I just said I didn't see his ad amongst all the other ads at the uni noticeboard. Which is kinda true I suppose--it did get pretty crowded. Is that a good excuse or what? I'm terrible at making up excuses.

But I was thinking, he must be pretty desperate otherwise he wouldn't call me up for interview. The ad was put out more than a month ago and if they had found someone they wouldn't even have bothered.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Got community interview. Yippee. Except the guy was really mean. He asked me why I applied so late. I wasn't going to tell him I applied for hospital, so I just said I didn't see his ad amongst all the other ads at the uni noticeboard. Which is kinda true I suppose--it did get pretty crowded. Is that a good excuse or what? I'm terrible at making up excuses.

But I was thinking, he must be pretty desperate otherwise he wouldn't call me up for interview. The ad was put out more than a month ago and if they had found someone they wouldn't even have bothered.
was there an application cut off date?

lala2

Banned
HSC
was there an application cut off date?
No there wasn't, but like I said, the ad was put out more than a month ago and being in Chatswood I've got like the whole North Shore and Northern Suburbs competing for it. I would've thought someone would definitely have had the position by now. Ah well, shows you never know till you try.

Bad news on my side now, but I was completely expecting it. Failed Blue Mountains and Wagga Wagga. Just gotta focus on my 3 interviews this week and that's all. I just pray to high heaven that my hard work will pay off somewhere because I only have 2 hosp interviews left :s

lala2

Banned
HSC
how did you fail them?
Hmmm? You mean like how do I know? Because there's no response from either. I'm going to call both up tomorrow and ask for feedback. Wagga was just weird, didn't have a good feeling all along and it was confirmed the minute the lady closed the interview with "you know there's other jobs in this area, have you considered them?"

Blue Mountains I was in my element, but I knew even before going in I wasn't going to get it because there's simply too many better people than me. This was the only interview I walked out without regret and that's done more for my self confidence, knowing I'm not a klutz and that it takes me 5 interviews to perfect my interview technique (though it probably will, but I was relieved it took 3 rather than 5).

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
You've never failed until you get the rejection (even then its not really a fail). I turned up 30-40mins late for an interview (signal failure on trains) and still made it (35ppl got picked out of 1700), so you really never know!

It does take time to perfect interview technique, it's normal, so dont worry. Best thing is to believe in yourself and ramp your confidence up.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Cleaned my room today ^_^
And watched Push... fantastic movie. Started watching The Prestige but got distracted, seems fairly good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)