• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
It's lucky syllabuses (syllabi? whatever, says the future English teacher) are available online or I'd be getting about nothing done right now. I knew I should have got to the co-op before the shelf was raided.

Too much organisation is bad for you anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
I saw either Nebz or his freakin' DOUBLE coming out of the chem lecture theatre 2 at approx 10:56 today and then again later.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
I saw either Nebz or his freakin' DOUBLE coming out of the chem lecture theatre 2 at approx 10:56 today and then again later.
<_<
>_>
<_<

yes that would have been me. Where did you see me later comrade? And where were you? Were you the strange person standing next to the GARBAGE BIN!?!?!?

I had just come out of a v difficult lecture, hence the curmudgeon grumblebum look imho.
http://www.chem.usyd.edu.au/~kable_s/teaching/CHEM3117/Notes/Lecture 4 (final6).pdf
(no password needed)

Halp plz :mad1:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Working on grad job applications. So glad I get Thursdays off. It takes forever for each job application! At least I've wrung out three examples of teamwork skills, and two for time management/ability to prioritise. Now trying to think of a third example for time management/ability to prioritise, and three for commitment to providing best pharmaceutical care. Le sigh.

Ben Netanyahu, that looks difficult! Torsion angles hey? Gauche and all that? So this Schrodinger equation calculates the energy of the rotation of the bonds?

Last edited:

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
not nessecarily the energy of rotating around bonds, but in the case of a diatomic, the rotation of the entire molecule, i think. We covered torsion-rotation (around a particular bond) yesterday in vibrational spec so I assume that's easier than the rotation of a whole molecule, which we covered today and will come back to next week. the schroedinger equation specifies the distinct energies of each rotational, eh, energy.

we have to do calculations though, which im gonna be stuck with i reckon.

kokodamonkey

HSC
i think i've got the receipt somewhere so i guess i'll have to go into myer and send it for repair as it is still under warranty so it shouldn't cost me anything.

kokodamonkey

HSC
not at uni you can't. Come to my nxt bavarian bier cafe/löwenbräu outing and you can though.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Stupid Environmental Politics lecturer going on about how lectures are COMPULSORY and getting all pissy cause people stumbled into her lecture in the second hour.

I hope she doesn't turn out to be my tutor.
is she the crazy french lady... charlotte someone? i sort of love her cause she gave a guest lecture in one of my subjects once, and completely shut down this dickhead who'd been asking dumb questions all semester.
lala2 said:
Woot. First placement today. Pharmacy's alright, the two pharmacists are very young, as in, registered in the last three years or so, and there's the graduate as well. Also, got a nifty email about doing one of the Clocktower tours. If anyone's ever been curious about going up the Clocktower, search for Uni Heritage Tours on the USYD website. However, they cost money so you've gotta be pretty keen to go.
oooooh that sounds interesting. unfortunately i have no money.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Charlotte Epstein...zomg. So strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)