Semester 2 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Are there any good Jap places around USYD?
maki maki does ok sushi (it's past broadway on the way to central).

Masaka, two doors down, is my go-to place for ramen and takoyaki om nom nom

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Ooooh you're one of those. Just hope that it'll be hot by 8am! :)
Also Riproot, how did you calculate your GPA? (Saw your post in the uni results thread).

Does anyone know what's a good WAM to graduate with?
Noooo, I get on the train at 6:30, that doesn't help!
7 - HD
6 - D
5 - C
4 - P
Then either 1-3 are the different parts of fail (I think 3 is if you fail but like they pass you anyways) or a fail is just 0.

I got:
HD - 0
D - 1
C - 1 + 0.5 + 0.5
P - 1 (64, fml!)
F - 0

So, my GPA

Yay

Good WAM? HD? Lol.
It is a good WAM to grad with, so technically I'm right.
I don't really know. It depends brah.

Last edited:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Does anyone of you know if it is possible for a Full-Time student is able to drop from 24 credits (4 Unit of Studies) down to 18 credit points (3 Unit of Studies) without having to become Part-Time? I have to ask because I find one of my units pretty challenging at the moment and don't want to risk the chance of not passing the unit.

TheBloop

HSC
Does anyone of you know if it is possible for a Full-Time student is able to drop from 24 credits (4 Unit of Studies) down to 18 credit points (3 Unit of Studies) without having to become Part-Time? I have to ask because I find one of my units pretty challenging at the moment and don't want to risk the chance of not passing the unit.
18 CP is still full time iirc

But also, you can still pick up another unit ATM (I think).

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
18 CP is still full time iirc

But also, you can still pick up another unit ATM (I think).
Thank you for the heads up! Yes, we can still add a unit but considering how most science units have practicals starting either this week or last week I can never catch up on time. =S

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for the heads up! Yes, we can still add a unit but considering how most science units have practicals starting either this week or last week I can never catch up on time. =S
you can do an extra prac or just get an exemption from the first prac, it's pretty easy. :p

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
you can do an extra prac or just get an exemption from the first prac, it's pretty easy. :p
So if I add the unit today will I be assigned a class/practical today as well? The next few practicals for this week is on Thursday. =/

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Just email them or something and they'll swap you into the stuff you want. Yay

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Just email them or something and they'll swap you into the stuff you want. Yay
Urrrh, I have work tomorrow so I wouldn't be able to go into the Faculty Office and would not know who to contact from the unit I want to do so I will stick to dropping the unit and picking up an extra make-up unit in Summer School.

So we're all certain that I can still be Full-Time with 18CPs?

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Urrrh, I have work tomorrow so I wouldn't be able to go into the Faculty Office and would not know who to contact from the unit I want to do so I will stick to dropping the unit and picking up an extra make-up unit in Summer School.

Maybe try calling the student centre instead and they should direct you to e right person. At least email the lecturer/whoever so that you have written proof of trying to contact them earlier.

Anyway when you change units, doesn't the timetabling system automatically assign you a class? So you'd definitely at least have a spot in a class?

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
What ATAR would a credit/distinction/85-90/90+ WAM correlate to?

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I think how one performs in their HSC doesn't or at least isn't always reflected in their WAM. there are too many different factors like how different uni and high school learning and teaching is, your enjoyment of the course/subject and how this motivates you etc.

Anyway, anyone ever have class in Mackie? Across Parramatta road? Building looks like a fire hazard to me... I have a tut there on Thursday. :frown2:

TheBloop

HSC
lol.

I got an ATAR around 95 and I only have a low credit WAM, but so do some people I know who got ~79 (but they're doing arts and I'm doing engg/MedSc so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You could just get the emails from the website and then email them, it's like a 20 minute job.
But, if you have the $$$$ for summer school then go ahead. :p

I'm 60% certain.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I think how one performs in their HSC doesn't or at least isn't always reflected in their WAM. there are too many different factors like how different uni and high school learning and teaching is, your enjoyment of the course/subject and how this motivates you etc.

Anyway, anyone ever have class in Mackie? Across Parramatta road? Building looks like a fire hazard to me... I have a tut there on Thursday. :frown2:

lol.

I got an ATAR around 95 and I only have a low credit WAM, but so do some people I know who got ~79 (but they're doing arts and I'm doing engg/MedSc so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I know but if you had to make an estimate what would it be?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
You could just get the emails from the website and then email them, it's like a 20 minute job.
But, if you have the $$$$ for summer school then go ahead. :p

I'm 60% certain.
I dropped a unit and contacted the Unit Coordinator for the unit I wish to study and am awaiting his reply... Don't know if he'd let me enrol or if I really care - it's my fault from the start... stupid stupid me.

YES! Absolutely, 100% certain. I've done it in the past.
Awesome! So I'd still be able to defer payment to HECS and still be able to retain Concession Transport Fares right?

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Absolutely no correlation.
For those doing science degrees*

Considering the fact that we're studying the same subjects we did in high school (math, chemistry, biology and physics), I'd say that there would be at least some correlation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)