Semester 2 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree. I had a friend who transferred from UWS with straight HDs without once ever knowing he had to reference. I had to teach him in second year. :/

Plus, I heard about roughly only 3% of people doing a class get HDs. Or it's 15% of passing students get either HD or D.

Is anyone free from 2 - 3PM tmrw?
Ugh. It makes me so angry because I want to transfer to med, and my friend goes to UWS and got 90+ in all but one subject which he got 84 in (it was probs his easiest subject too, he just didn't do a task that was worth 10%) and no offence to him, he's great, but like, I'm a bit more competent at chemistry than him and he got ~91 and I got 66. It doesn't seem right. :/

Yeah, most of my classes were 3% HD thingies, but that covered like all from funnies to SSP so most of the HDs, Ds and Cs were from my classes (although, quite a few people in CHEM1901 got Ps which shocked me because I did very poorly up until the final and only got 56% in the final, and I thought you needed 50% in it to pass… guess not).

Neva free!!

Too many man, way too many...

I also have to say that this chemical engineering subject is the easiest thing in the entire world. It's pretty much year 12 chem...
NEVER TOO MANY!!!

Yeah, it's actually 10 times easier than HSC chemistry (if you beat me overall I will kill you :) ).

I'm going to end up having 2 day weeks for the next fortnight.

Definitely looking forward to it.
So much hate.

Anyone else having nightmares from doing their readings..?
Nope? Just me?

FML.
I'm just not buying textbooks so I don't have to read things. Lol

Inb4 fail.

I'm so stressed. I feel 8 weeks behind and it's only 4th week (FUCK, IT'S ALREADY WEEK FOUR!!)

Anyone else not able to download lecture recordings??? :/
All of mine are stream only. The interface clearly sucks and I can't change the speed of the lecture. =_________________________=
SAME

but my friends say they download them so I don't even. :(

I just want to download them and listen to them on the train. :(

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Actually, it's good thing I can't download this particular set of lectures because we were looking at crime scene photos.
My appetite is like, completely gone right now. I can't even.

And now I will have to do this week's readings.. aka looking at more of these photos. Do not want.

-insert throw up smiley here-

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually, it's good thing I can't download this particular set of lectures because we were looking at crime scene photos.
My appetite is like, completely gone right now. I can't even.

And now I will have to do this week's readings.. aka looking at more of these photos. Do not want.

-insert throw up smiley here-
Hahaha

They couldn't be that bad, could they?

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Hahaha

They aren't that bad, are they?
It's mostly photographs from the 20s - 30s, where the photographer could get to the crime scene and take the photos of the victims regardless of police/community presence. That coupled with the bad technology makes the whole photograph more.. dramatic that it should be. THEN you get the context with the photos and then how the photos of the victims in such terrible states was exploited by the tabloids and reminded that the photographer had to get all up in that crime scene to get the photo. It's not just where the crime was committed but the dead victims.. left as they were by the murderer. Plus like, some of the killings were kind of brutal esp. the sex crimes ones.

I think it was just bad because he didn't give us any forewarning that he would be showing us this photos, it was just like ta-da! And some of the victims are looking straight at the camera. >_________>

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It's mostly photographs from the 20s - 30s, where the photographer could get to the crime scene and take the photos of the victims regardless of police/community presence. That coupled with the bad technology makes the whole photograph more.. dramatic that it should be. THEN you get the context with the photos and then how the photos of the victims in such terrible states was exploited by the tabloids and reminded that the photographer had to get all up in that crime scene to get the photo. It's not just where the crime was committed but the dead victims.. left as they were by the murderer. Plus like, some of the killings were kind of brutal esp. the sex crimes ones.

I think it was just bad because he didn't give us any forewarning that he would be showing us this photos, it was just like ta-da! And some of the victims are looking straight at the camera. >_________>
Send them pls

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
NEVER TOO MANY!!!

Yeah, it's actually 10 times easier than HSC chemistry (if you beat me overall I will kill you ).
Do you even know who I am? :) I think I figured out who you are.

This was months ago while I was waiting for a maths tutorial to start. I was leaning over the veranda on the fourth level and you were speaking loudly to some other guy, and then I remembered hearing that exact voice on this you tube video of you drinking something.

Anyway, rookie mistake m9. Now that I know your motives I'll have to take you out. I could be anyone in the CHNG1103 tutorial room. I could even be sitting at your table and you wouldn't know until it's too late.

Also, does anybody else think that his DP looks like Squidward staring into your soul with really red eyes when you're not directly looking at it?

Attachments

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you even know who I am? :) I think I figured out who you are.

This was months ago while I was waiting for a maths tutorial to start. I was leaning over the veranda on the fourth level and you were speaking loudly to some other guy, and then I remembered hearing that exact voice on this you tube video of you drinking something.

Anyway, rookie mistake m9. Now that I know your motives I'll have to take you out. I could be anyone in the CHNG1103 tutorial room. I could even be sitting at your table and you wouldn't know until it's too late.

Also, does anybody else think that his DP looks like Squidward staring into your soul with really red eyes when you're not directly looking at it?

It's kind of obvious who you are (get it?)

But seriously, I have no idea who you are you should intro yourself sometime. :p
I didn't even know you did my maffs.

But I need to do better than you in CHNG1103 because I'm actually doing Chem Engg and because I did shit in semester 1 and need to get like all HDs this sem to make up for it. :(

Yes, that pic is totally creepy. Haha

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
There's at LEAST 85 people in this subject.
There's max 30 people in this lecture.
(I'm in the back row)
(I usually skip it so there's an extra person today too. :L)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Which lecture theatre is that?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Farrell Lecture Theatre

It's PNR Lecture Theatre 1

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Awwww, Cityrail removed seats off Platform 4 at Redfern.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
There's at LEAST 85 people in this subject.
There's max 30 people in this lecture.
(I'm in the back row)
(I usually skip it so there's an extra person today too. :L)
Assuming it's recorded? This happened to another subject of mine mostly because the lecturer was batshit boring and just read off her essay every week. She ended up not recording them anymore and not uploading notes for us so we'd turn up. :(

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Assuming it's recorded? This happened to another subject of mine mostly because the lecturer was batshit boring and just read off her essay every week. She ended up not recording them anymore and not uploading notes for us so we'd turn up. :(
Nope. Not recorded. That's why I went to this one.

Also, we finished the first of two topics today (I skipped all the previous lectures. Whoops).

But the notes are online. Yay.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Also if you guys saw at least two girls and a guy selling cupcakes for the RSPCA today on Eastern Avenue, I was the guy that was yelling terrible things at people.

Also, if you know the guy that totes wanted to ask for my number but didn't, then give me his number, because he was cute.

But I couldn't ask for his number because he was like a customer, that is so not etiquette.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I was on radio today and will be each Monday at 11 until the end of sem

You guys should listen! Or really just listen to it regardless of whether it's me or other people because they're all pretty great shows. You can listen at http://news.surgfm.org/listen or get the Tune In app for iphone/android and look for surg fm

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
For a moment, I thought you were a spambot because of the link and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)