• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sexism - The experiences of women and men (7 Viewers)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
tbh i think the gay thing for tim mathieson wasn't really a sexist dig at gillard but more an application of archaic and obsolete gender roles for men (not saying its not as bad, just not rly a sexist dig at gillard per se)

Tasteless

HSC
tbh i think the gay thing for tim mathieson wasn't really a sexist dig at gillard but more an application of archaic and obsolete gender roles for men (not saying its not as bad, just not rly a sexist dig at gillard per se)
maybe it's nothing more than curiosity
i mean it seems like he could be gay

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
It's not just that she's got terrible media, it's what they said. It's the language they use and the message they send. Never has a man been asked if his partner was gay, never has a man been called a 'bitch', never has a man been so scrutinised over what they wear (with the exception of the speedos, but it's very different being told one outfit is horrible, as compared to four years of constant comments).
I agree with the clothing and I agree with the gendered tone of the word "bitch" and how it's used against women. However, just for clarification, are you saying that no other politician has ever been met with contempt, slander or insult?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)