Sharethread. (1 Viewer)

Arctopus

HSC
Pretty simple; tell me and / or others a genre of music you want to get into or a certain sound that you're looking for and we'll help you best we can by recommending bands, songs, albums, mixtapes... whatever. Youtube links should be posted with recommendations too.

My main specialties are all things metal, post-genres, hardcore and can also offer help with jazz, jazz fusion, avant-garde and progressive genres.

ok go

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Looking for some recommendations of modern jazz and minimalism.

Reasonably well rounded across the spectrum, though my current area of 'expertise' would probably be post-rock and power metal.

Arctopus

HSC
Looking for some recommendations of modern jazz and minimalism.

Reasonably well rounded across the spectrum, though my current area of 'expertise' would probably be post-rock and power metal.
Modern jazz:

Jaga Jazzist; YouTube - Jaga Jazzist - Day & Another Day

Tomasz Stanko Quartet; YouTube - Tomasz Stanko Quartet - "Suspended Variation II" (2004)

Esperanza Spalding; YouTube - Esperanza Spalding: I Know You Know

Mahavishnu Orchestra; YouTube - Mahavishnu Orchestra: you know you know

I wasn't too sure on what you meant by modern jazz, but hopefully one of them will tickle your fancy. Jaga Jazzist is very electronically influenced, Stanko I guess is quite free, Spalding is your not-so-average vocal jazz and the last is an awesome live clip of the legendary Jazz Fusion band Mahavishnu Orchestra.

And just one song for you seeing you like post-rock... maybe two.

maudlin of the Well; YouTube - maudlin of the Well - The Blue Ghost/Shedding Qliphoth

Mono; YouTube - Ashes In The Snow - Mono

Arctopus

HSC
can someone please reccomend me some apple core
Red Apple; http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/boh/images/red apple.jpg

Green Apple; http://www.incredibrew.com/news/greenapple.jpg

The Red Apple has a very sweet and well-rounded flavour and finish, suitable to palettes of the young and old, trained and untrained. However, the Green Apple whilst still maintaining the sweetness of it's Red brother has a somewhat tangy and zesty finish, more suitable for those you like a little extra bite in each bite. I can only assume the cores would retain the same qualities.

Arctopus

HSC
post genre!!
Sigur Ros; YouTube - Sigur Ros - Hoppípolla

Godspeed You! Black Emperor; YouTube - Godspeed You Black Emperor - The Dead Flag Blues

Mono; YouTube - Ashes In The Snow - Mono

Bands like these are household names in post-rock. Post-rock is comprised pretty much of soundscapes, so if if you're into relaxing, closing your eyes and listening to music this should be for you.

Isis; YouTube - ISIS - Grinning Mouths

Isis is what many people call post-metal. Very similar to post-rock in many ways, but differing in that there is more emphasis on distorted guitars, harsh vocals and all things that belong in metal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)