Shelving at local library? (1 Viewer)

chichichip

chichichichichichichi....
HSC
Hi all :D
Just wondering, would anybody know what the chances are of getting a shelving job at a local library? Or if they even accept high schoolers to randomly shelve?
My school is pretty near the library so I guess I would be able to go and work after school.
Hmm.

Anyway, thanks heaps in advance :D

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
katietheskatie said:
lol, shelving

Good work btw, if you can get it. Fuckin shelve em' hey. Yeah, if there's a vacancy they'll hire anyone, HS is good to go. Not many vacancies.

savio23q

Band
HSC
chichichip said:
It's better than retail... right? :cold:
I would disagree....unless you hate dealing with people that much.
You're not gonna get far with shelving.
Besides, isn't that the librarian's job? If you take over that, then wtf are they gonna be left with?
Best to apply at normal female clothing stores or supermarkets. If not, there's always the last option...fast food.

aimhigh10

HSC
i know macquarie university library doesnt take students to shelve - i've already asked

Lukybear

HSC
SHelving is volunteer?? You dont actually get paid, cause thats usually the libraryinans job.

pearling

HSC
N/A
I work as a shelver at my local library and apart from it soundng geeky and being boring, it pays quite well ($16/hr and I work on Sat so $20/hr) which is like double of my friends' pay @cafes/cashiers. And I get really good shifts - weekends when nobody comes in so I just hang around, talk to people and just help them out :) I think most local, council libraries take in HS students under 18 (cheap labour lol) and they usually hire in the first half of the year so just pop in and ask them - they're actually really nice! Hope that helped

Kiim2507

HSC
Yeah my friend does it
She gets $15/$16 an hour compared to her other job $9 an hour at a busy cafe haha
She says it's hella easy and she just listens to music while she does it
The only problem is they won't let her take more than one shift a week and a shift is olny 3 hours
But yeah go ask it's a pretty sweet job

chichichip

HSC
Hey guys, your replies were awesome.. well some of them anyway lol xD
Anyway, I'm gathering that you just ask one of the librarians and see if they have a job available? I'm guessing that I wouldn't need my resume?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
No, a resume is essential for any job you apply for. At the very least, it gives them your contact details.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sf_diegoxrock said:
Syd Uni was hiring earlier last year, pay was about $25/hr
oh that's awesome!

that's much better pay than tutoring pay that 100 UAIers get...(sort of)

chichichip

HSC
Graney said:
No, a resume is essential for any job you apply for. At the very least, it gives them your contact details.
Cool, thanks :)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Apparently due to the close proximity of blood vessels, you come up much quicker with shelving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)