should all corpses be used as a biofuel? (1 Viewer)

answers plx!

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I had a lefty lecturor telling me about some English company, around the time of the Napoleonic wars, that actually had license to pour over passed English battlefields and collect the bodies to be sold as a blood-and-bone fertilizer back home.

According to him, the state only became emotional about the war dead after the cock-up genocide of the Great War

ziki

HSC
well if we were hitler then we got enough bodies to make into fuel but how many bodies would it take to travel 1km on the road in a v8 commadore?? are you crazy!?

toadcat

HSC
You'd have to be retarded to think this would be a good idea.
Biofuels aren't that effective when they're sourced from materials filled with things that can be digested then fermented into ethanol such as corn. Why would you think that corpses could be viably used for energy? ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID:wave:
The energy used to transport the bodies would be more than the rediculously small amounts of energy you'd create from the corpses anyway.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
when i conceived this idea, i didn't picture burning a bunch of corpses unchanged from the day they died.

Ferment the people mang.

kawaiinlove

HSC
It's not a bad idea. I don't see why not but others would complain about the ethical issues.

toadcat

HSC
when i conceived this idea, i didn't picture burning a bunch of corpses unchanged from the day they died.

Ferment the people mang.
I know, except you would barely get anything out of their corpses, much less than the energy you'd need to move them to some area to be fermented..... I don't think you grasp that.

mixt

HSC
voting yes because this stupid and i can raise my p/c

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I know, except you would barely get anything out of their corpses, much less than the energy you'd need to move them to some area to be fermented..... I don't think you grasp that.
I'm sure the numbers on the amount of potential energy stored in the human body is out there.

Even if you ferment body mass to reduce the chemical and physical energy investment required to extract energy from a normal body, you're still going to end up with a much less energy dense product than if you'd just dug some coal out of the ground.

The growth of an adult human body consumes huge amounts of energy over a lifetime, so many thousands of hours of direct energy consumption, tonnes of food matter, many thousands of litres of water.

If you're using their bodies as biofuel, it's already way too late, you're only going to get a marginal return on the amount that has been invested and wasted on that lump of flesh over a lifetime.

A gram of prevention is worth a tonne of cure.

A better way to save and preserve global energy, would be to simply kill people who provide a net energy loss to society i.e. unemployed, homeless, fat people etc...

tycho

HSC
A better way to save and preserve global energy, would be to simply kill people who provide a net energy loss to society i.e. unemployed, homeless, fat people etc...
Sounds good!

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
I'm sure the numbers on the amount of potential energy stored in the human body is out there.

Even if you ferment body mass to reduce the chemical and physical energy investment required to extract energy from a normal body, you're still going to end up with a much less energy dense product than if you'd just dug some coal out of the ground.

The growth of an adult human body consumes huge amounts of energy over a lifetime, so many thousands of hours of direct energy consumption, tonnes of food matter, many thousands of litres of water.

If you're using their bodies as biofuel, it's already way too late, you're only going to get a marginal return on the amount that has been invested and wasted on that lump of flesh over a lifetime.

A gram of prevention is worth a tonne of cure.

lol

1. this thread assumes that coal isn't really an option
2. we should probably also assume that dead humans are a waste product that cannot be avoided, and should be put to best possible use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)