Should English be compulsory?? (1 Viewer)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Basically HSC english course is shit, and we need a revision of english in general.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
English essay...HSC english essay...god hell no.

RANK 1

HSC
Whoever said they hate religion being compulsory, go to a public school :D No religion ever=awesome
yeh but public schools generally consists of dropouts, retards and drug addicts with about 10% actually trying in the hsc and about 5% going into uni, added to the fact that public schools generally have shit facilities

Gigacube

HSC
Whoever said they hate religion being compulsory, go to a public school :D No religion ever=awesome
Most def. xD

yeh but public schools generally consists of dropouts, retards and drug addicts with about 10% actually trying in the hsc and about 5% going into uni, added to the fact that public schools generally have shit facilities
Not all public high schools are like this.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
And the award for most negative stereotypes in a single post goes to...

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
wtf are you on? I've seen plenty of dropouts from private schools, dropping out end of year 10. There's those types of people everywhere, and the dropouts in public schools are usually compacted within a certain area or certain school, so there are plenty of good public schools.

RANK 1

HSC
i go to a private catholic school, the catholic part pisses me off but otherwise its ok. i guess a difference with public and private is that in public 80-90% of ppl there are drug addicts, retards or complete dropkicks whereas in private schools this accounts for about 40-50%
this is generally ofc, there will be some exceptions

jnney

lemon
HSC
Well at least we only have one subject compulsory. Overseas in asia it's pretty much the sc plus two electives

twistedrebel

HSC
Should english be compulsory? FUCK YES (Even though i done shit at it and it screwed my ATAR(but that didn't matter)). If you were too dig up a year 10 essay and compare it to a year 12 essay look at the difference. The problem with english is they need to overhaul form k-10, that leads on better to HSC. Also english not counting towards ATAR? That makes no sense and a waste of resources/money etc. If it doesnt count how many students will study english? attend class? schools making students go to other classes instead?

Yes the system need overhaul, but we still need english. If you hate essays then you are going to have a great fucking life ahead of you mate. Maybe scrapping adv and std and making it one standard across the state. English lovers can do ee1, ee2 and make them similar to maths to not disadvantage people good at engish. Overall we need english, our offical language is english and the world language. I've met international students with better english than most locals.

carlosestevez

Banned
HSC
english develops your argumentative and reasoning skills and generally improves intelligence all round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)