Should I do Chemistry? (1 Viewer)

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Will tell lots of funny stories to everyone at the meet. Actually, remind me to tell you one especially about the drive home after someones party.
Okay hopefully i'll remember that by then. Hey is it true that you need to do chem to be successful?

deswa1

HSC
Re: The High School Nonsense Thread

Okay hopefully i'll remember that by then. Hey is it true that you need to do chem to be successful?
lolwut. No. Who told you that? If you want to do med, I'd recommend it, for anything else, its hardly neccessary. If you like it, go for it, but tbh I reckon chem is the sort of subject that if you hate it, its hard to do well in.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

who the fack told u dat...

if thats tru, id be fucked :haha:

Fawun

Queen
HSC

Of course it is

Lolnope
What the hell. How come my tutor was like "You're doing chemistry next year" and i'm like "No because I don't like science and i'm not good at it" and he was like "You need chemistry to be successful in life. Chemistry isn't a useless subject. You will actually need to use it in life. Look at everyone, look at your sister, she did chemistry and look at her now, she's making more than 200 grand a year." and blah blah. He basically gave me a lecture about it. This was like an hour ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fawun

Queen
HSC

What the hell. How come my tutor was like "You're doing chemistry next year" and i'm like "No because I don't like science and i'm not good at it" and he was like "You need chemistry to be successful in life. Chemistry isn't a useless subject. You will actually need to use it in life. Look at everyone, look at your sister, she did chemistry and look at her now, she's making more than 200 grand a year." and blah blah. He basically gave me a lecture about it. This was like an hour ago.
I'm rethinking about my subject selections now lol

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Wow who is your tutor? You tread your path of greatness not someone elses.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A

What does this guy tutor you?

Cos he is full of shit tbh

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

This doctor or whatever at UNSW
Are you benefiting from his tuition? Only do subjects you have interests in. If you can't stand Chemistry you will have an unenjoyable 2 years...

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

dis is Terry Lee? Oo"

well, most tutors (Asians ones esp.) would encourage their students to do the Asian combo. especially 4U maths, chem and phys so I'm not too surprised.

Trust me, there's lots of students who are crap at junior science and still end up doing Chem and Phys. It's all about the scaling to them.

Fawun

Queen
HSC

What does this guy tutor you?

Cos he is full of shit tbh
He tutors me in math and he was like "tell me if you're considering chem next year so I can put you in the chem class." he also said "The only job where chem is useless and that you won't need it is the kmart checkout chick" and i'm like "wat"

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

I'm rethinking about my subject selections now lol
tbh, I think you would like Chemistry or Biology over Economics esp. since you don't like essay writing.

Fawun

Queen
HSC

Are you benefiting from his tuition? Only do subjects you have interests in. If you can't stand Chemistry you will have an unenjoyable 2 years...
I don't know what to do at this point :cry:

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A

Yeah well chem didnt even end up counting for me and I daresay I did fairly well in the hsc so that tutor can suck my penor

Fawun

Queen
HSC

Yeah well chem didnt even end up counting for me and I daresay I did fairly well in the hsc so that tutor can suck my penor
what do you mean counting for you?

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A

He tutors me in math and he was like "tell me if you're considering chem next year so I can put you in the chem class." he also said "The only job where chem is useless and that you won't need it is the kmart checkout chick" and i'm like "wat"
Why would u need chem

To be a corporate lawyer huh?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Don't let "I suck at this subject" influence your choice. Always pick something you enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)