Should I Feel Embarrassed Going To Macquarie University? (1 Viewer)

Dupain

HSC
Considering doing Combined Law at Macquarie as I have received an early offer. But I'm so peanut and jealous that all my friends are going to study Law at Sydney University. :eek2:

CaptainPrice

HSC
Yes, drop out right now.

Either go to Sydney/NSW uni, or don't go at all.

dirty_ink

HSC
Why feel jealous? Macquarie university is respectable.

If you like combined law, then do it. It's the course that matters the most, not where your friends are going or the 'prestige' of a university.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I would feel embarrassed going to mq. Yet I live a stone's throw away

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Nooooo you shouldn't! Its a highly reputable univeristy! And great job for scoring yourself an early offer!

such_such

HSC
Just putting it out there, you could do an internal transfer at UNSW/USYD which is a lot easier than 99.55/99.6 ATAR imo. But MQ isn't bad.

Dupain

HSC
It's my parents, they said they will cut me off if I went ahead and enroll at Macquarie. They said I won't or less likely to meet boys that are worthy to be a future husband there. I want a memorable student life and be myself academic wise. I don't want to worry about WAMs, GPAs and transfering/JD entry. Doing subjects, readings and providing risk free answers in exams that ensures a good mark. I want to take risks and keep my university studies pure, do the subjects that I'm really interested in but challenging and good marks are not a certainty.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
It's my parents, they said they will cut me off if I went ahead and enroll at Macquarie. They said I won't or less likely to meet boys that are worthy to be a future husband there.
Really?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
It's my parents, they said they will cut me off if I went ahead and enroll at Macquarie. They said I won't or less likely to meet boys that are worthy to be a future husband there. I want a memorable student life and be myself academic wise. I don't want to worry about WAMs, GPAs and transfering/JD entry. Doing subjects, readings and providing risk free answers in exams that ensures a good mark. I want to take risks and keep my university studies pure, do the subjects that I'm really interested in but challenging and good marks are not a certainty.
Ignore them, seriously. My parents wanted me to go to UWS due to the heavy muslim demographic there, and thus a possibility to "meet a husband". LOL, nah. I did what I want to do because its my life.

BTW, my mate is going to MQ, and he cute and smart as hell.

kingofgames

HSC
N/A
Ummm... i do know i guess take pride that you're not taking it in UWS or something? Seriously though Uni doesn't work like that, you really do have some growing up to do. Now GPAs and WAM that's something to be embarrassed about never let anyone find out.

Cafe Delight

HSC
N/A
. I don't want to worry about WAMs, GPAs and transfering/JD entry.

Good luck getting a job with that attitude . I'm really shocked honestly . You must be trolling.
If you've got a credit average and someone from uws had a distinction average, say goodbye to your future job spot.

Edit: I just realised you replied to my own thread I made - i'll note not to listen to you.

Last edited:

Dupain

HSC
Going to UNSW Combined Law.

Staying at one of the Kensington Colleges. PAAAAAARTTYYYY. Moving in this Saturday, O week and Law CAMP = hectic partying.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)