Should marijuana be legalised? (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
ihavenothing said:
And panadol and epidurals, everyone should have their periods and childbirth the natural (and painful) way...
Agreed.
No more drugs ladies.

Theyre fucked.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
And the next time you go to the dentist, oh no he cant touch that laughing gas, he just has to YANK out that rotter while you are awake and in full awareness of whats going on.

Yes we must stop taking all these drugs and let God *cough* nature take care of it.

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
Then you're an idiot.

Clearly I don't mean ALL DRUGS including caffene etc. Nit picky gronk.

I was referring to illicit shit, that I have seen people go down the drain with, even at recreational levels.

Marijuana is a classic fucking example.

mr_brightside

HSC
tako said:
Then you're an idiot.

Clearly I don't mean ALL DRUGS including caffene etc. Nit picky gronk.

I was referring to illicit shit, that I have seen people go down the drain with, even at recreational levels.

Marijuana is a classic fucking example.
Drugs a drug.

Its only illicit cause the goverment doesnt make money off it
and is too scared of the consequences of legalisation

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
Holy shit, you have to be joking. Consequences of legalisation?

That's fucking pathetic.

And not all drugs are the same. That's fucking rediculus.

Do you think anybody would pay $30 for a caffeene tablet?

davin

HSC
N/A
keep in mind that people have, overdosed on caffeine, and some have even died because of it. so clearly, there is a potential for abuse there.

the logic of "well, the illegal drugs are worse because they're illegal" is very circular

Last edited:

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
tako said:
Holy shit, you have to be joking. Consequences of legalisation?

That's fucking pathetic.

And not all drugs are the same. That's fucking rediculus.

Do you think anybody would pay $30 for a caffeene tablet?
Yes. And I know people who will pay $140 to get a hose stuck up their arse. And they're not too posh either.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Ketamine is legal as a horse tranquiliser. There is a giant line of ravers queuing in my vet's office everytime I go there to get my dog checked up.

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
Oh yeah? And lets legalise marijuana/other drugs and see how many people go off the fucking rails.

Plenty. Fucking plenty will.

If you wanna make gambling and alcohol illegal because people go off the rails with them, why don't we ban cars as well. People die from car accedents. We can resolve the problem by not having cars!

Capital idea, gronkus.

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
ihavenothing said:
Yes. And I know people who will pay $140 to get a hose stuck up their arse. And they're not too posh either.
mr_brightside said:
If it was an illegal sought after drug then its a possibility.

Both of you are remarkably fucking stupid.

ihavenothing said:
Ketamine is legal as a horse tranquiliser. There is a giant line of ravers queuing in my vet's office everytime I go there to get my dog checked up.
What's your point? Ketamine is a RESTRICTED DRUG. It is NOT legal to inhale/smoke/inject.

davin

HSC
N/A
you missed the point. the question is, how does the gov't get to say that some things that people abuse are fine, and others aren't?

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
The effects certain drugs have on people, and society.

And mainly, the difficulties in criminalising something like alcohol, or tobacco, which has been around for fucking ages in its place of legal status. It would be fucking hard to criminalise something like that because it will open up insanely huge black market appeal. And I realise marijuana already has a pretty bad black market appeal, legalising it would only spread problems like alcohol etc has.

The government is restricting tobacco and alcohol sales, and in particular, the tobacco problem is being addressed pretty heavily right now.

mr_brightside

HSC
tako said:
Both of you are remarkably fucking stupid.
Um not really.

I said it was a possibility.
If caffeine was made illegal, then it would be more costly.
Your the stupid one if you dont get that.

davin

HSC
N/A
tako said:
The effects certain drugs have on people, and society.

And mainly, the difficulties in criminalising something like alcohol, or tobacco, which has been around for fucking ages in its place of legal status. It would be fucking hard to criminalise something like that because it will open up insanely huge black market appeal. And I realise marijuana already has a pretty bad black market appeal, legalising it would only spread problems like alcohol etc has.

The government is restricting tobacco and alcohol sales, and in particular, the tobacco problem is being addressed pretty heavily right now.
but....marijuana wasn't always illegal. you claim taht "well, you can't make something illegal that had been legal" but thats exactly the situation with marijuana

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
tako said:
Oh yeah? And lets legalise marijuana/other drugs and see how many people go off the fucking rails.

Plenty. Fucking plenty will.

If you wanna make gambling and alcohol illegal because people go off the rails with them, why don't we ban cars as well. People die from car accedents. We can resolve the problem by not having cars!

Capital idea, gronkus.
And we can ban money so people have nothing to gamble on. You have some pretty clever resolutions here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)