Should marijuana be legalised? (1 Viewer)

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
In todays society.

Alcohol etc have such a widespread social appeal.

Back in the day when things were different, yes.

Same story with all drugs dude.

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
ihavenothing said:
And we can ban money so people have nothing to gamble on. You have some pretty clever resolutions here.
It wasn't a serious suggestion to ban gambling, dopey. I was highlighting your stupid point of "I have seen people go off the rails from alcohol and gambling"

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
mr_brightside said:
Um not really.

I said it was a possibility.
If caffeine was made illegal, then it would be more costly.
Your the stupid one if you dont get that.
A caffeine tablet does not have the same, or equally mind-altering affects of other pills, say MDMA.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
tako said:
I was highlighting your stupid point of "I have seen people go off the rails from alcohol and gambling"
how is that a stupid point you fucktard?
its true

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
mr_brightside said:
how is that a stupid point you fucktard?
its true
It's a stupid point because it's fucking irrevent. Cleary it's true. Look back at his post, and check out the context, and what he was trying to say.

You people are morons. I can't be fucked arguing with you anymore.

Drugs are bad, kiddies.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
My own grandfather died of a heart attack at age 56 from alcoholism and stress acquired from a large gambling debt. He did not take drugs as they were seen as "red" at that time.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
from my personal experience, excess drinking is a lot more dangerous that smoking marajuana.

and this from someone who used to do both, and now does neither.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
hey tako, ever considered that your experience is limited and your experience of users "going of the rails" is not necessarily representative of the majority? We all have limited personal experience, that's why personal experience isn't very useful for debates sake.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
ihavenothing said:
Ketamine is legal as a horse tranquiliser. There is a giant line of ravers queuing in my vet's office everytime I go there to get my dog checked up.
If that's true then isn't it evidence that legalising a drug increases its use?

Now if people have 'gone off the rails' due to alcohol, this is not a reason to legalise other drugs, but a warning against it. Alcohol and cigarettes are legal largely because their use is too widespread to be controlled (prohibition) so we must accept the social burden they create and attempt to control it as best we can, hence the restrictions surrounding their sale.

If you want to legalise other drugs, you will increase their usage and the effects on society. A society full of stoners will cause a greater welfare burden than the tax revenue gained from their purchasing of legalised drugs. Plus if marijuana were legalised but heavily taxed, people would just grow it themselves at minimal cost to evade paying the taxes.

The truth is, all the arguments you can put forward for legalisation have already been thought of and refuted in the past, hence its continued illegality. Considering this forum is populated by teenagers, this thread will always have more people in favour of legalisation. It's like asking a shooting forum if gun control should be relaxed.

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
Dinner isn't ready yet. Thought I'd shoot back.

fleepbasding said:
hey tako, ever considered that your experience is limited and your experience of users "going of the rails" is not necessarily representative of the majority? We all have limited personal experience, that's why personal experience isn't very useful for debates sake.
My personal experience with drugs is not limited dude :p

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
mr_brightside said:
Agreed fleeps.

you ever done ANYTHING tako?
Ok, since you asked:

Tobacco
Alcohol
Marijuana
Speed
MDMA
Ketamine
Crystal Meth (Ice)
Base
Opiates
Cocaine
Benzos, dexies, ritalin, anti-deps, etc etc (whole lot of prescrption)

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
mr_brightside said:
But I thought you said drugs were bad mmmmmkay.
They are fucking bad.

I know through personal experience.

And the majority is actually through seeing friends go down with these drugs on a dependant level.

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
ihavenothing said:
Ice is addictive, I'm sure you really did kick your habit otherwise you'd be flipping off a bunch of lies and horse shit.
I was given the ice by a friend, who disgusised it as another form of Crystal Base.

I did not smoke it, it was insuffilated. When I found out what he had given me, he got a through beating.

I am passionately anti-ice.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
lol will sombody think of the dealers!

we cant exactly be taking their income away can we?

and if there were no dealers, there would be no choppa reid

CHOPPA!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)