Should marijuana be legalised? (1 Viewer)

otay

HSC
tako said:
Ok, since you asked:

Tobacco
Alcohol
Marijuana
Speed
MDMA
Ketamine
Crystal Meth (Ice)
Base
Opiates
Cocaine
Benzos, dexies, ritalin, anti-deps, etc etc (whole lot of prescrption)
What no heroin? Angel Dust? Fuck dude ur soft.

Seriously though some of those drugs (Ice and Coke) are fucked. Maybe it explains some of the "logical" conclusions you have drawn.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Oh please, as Joan Rivers said "I'm not into drugs, but every once in a while I pour some Red Bull on a panty liner, it picks you right up, you can disco all night LETS GO LETS GO!"

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
jezzmo said:
In office space, a guy made a mat called the "jump to conclusions" mat. It enabled him to literally ... JUMP ... to ... conclusions. The physical art of jumping was all that was required to arrive at a particular conclusion.
The Netherlands.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
The Netherlands.
Despite the legalization of soft drugs, use of cannabis in the Netherlands is not higher than most other countries in Western Europe: 9.7% of young males consume cannabis at least once a month, which rates the Netherlands 7th in the EU after Cyprus (23.3%), Spain (16.4%), United Kingdom (15.8%), France (13.2%), Italy (10.9%) and Germany (9.9%).[1]

Some critics say that the legalization of soft drugs often leads to quicker consuming of harddrugs. Yet, the percentage of the population which ever consumed cocaine in the Netherlands is still lower than that of the United Kingdom, Spain and Italy. The situation is similar for other hard drugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_the_Netherlands

Justin

HSC
Well if it's not higher then there's no need to legalise.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Justin said:
Well if it's not higher then there's no need to legalise.
except for that whole part about turning people into criminals who wouldn't be otherwise and spending taxpayer money enforcing this ridiculous law that obviously isn't working

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
If it is regulated properly, the stigma of taking illegal drugs and risking dealing with shifty dealers is removed leading to lesser and safer use.

HSC
ihavenothing said:
If it is regulated properly, the stigma of taking illegal drugs and risking dealing with shifty dealers is removed leading to lesser and safer use.
Just like the selling of alcohol responsibly has lead to lesser and safer use...

davin

HSC
N/A
well, it is safer considering you don't have people suffering the ill effects of no standards.

from wikipedia, on the safety of moonshine:
Sloppily-produced moonshine can be contaminated with toxins, mainly from materials used in construction of the still. Despite the well-known hazards, it is claimed that stills constructed using car radiators for a condenser are still used. The lead used in soldering these radiators ends up in the moonshine, and in some cases, glycol products from antifreeze used in the radiator can appear as well. Both are poisonous.

Occasionally moonshine is deliberately mixed with industrial alcohol-containing products, including methanol and denatured alcohol. Results are toxic, with methanol easily capable of causing blindness and death. This resulted in moonshine being known as white lightning, since anyone drinking this mixture would literally be 'struck blind'.

In the past moonshine has been mixed with soap, to fool people into believing that it is of a higher proof.

Methanol and other toxic alcohols can occur naturally in distilled spirits and are called fusel oils. The methanol is concentrated in the first few percent of condensate produced in a batch. The fusel oils are mostly found at the end of a batch or run. Ordinarily these portions are discarded, though if ingested alone or included with the rest of the distilled product it may cause toxic effects. Like commercial beer, wine, and liquor, properly produced moonshine contains small amounts of methanol at levels that are not toxic. A common way to determine the "quality control" of a batch of moonshine was to see if the moonshiner would dare to drink it.

A common quality test for moonshine was to pour a small quantity of it into a metal spoon and set it alight. Safe distillate burns with a blue flame, but tainted distillate burns with a yellow flame. If a radiator coil had been used as a condenser there would be lead in the alcohol, which would give a reddish flame. This lead to the phrase: "Lead burns red and makes you dead." Of course, these tests should not be solely relied upon to test the purity of moonshine or any distilled alcohol.

In addition, moonshine that is over 100 proof (i.e. 50%) is very flammable and easily ignitable. This is especially true during the distilling process in which oxidized vaporized alcohol can accumulate in the air if there is not enough ventilation.

Iron poisoning can sometimes result from uncoated iron tubs in which the mash has been boiled.
by being legal, the gov't can ensure the product is at least somewhat safer

HSC
They can ensure that Marijuana can be safer?

The problem with alcohol is found in the distillation process. There isn't a distilling process with Marijuana; just making sure you add the correct chemicals, and maintaining the hydroponics system properly, but even then that isn't a safety issue, its a quality issue.

Last edited:

ice_wind

HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
They can ensure that Marijuana can be safer?

The problem with alcohol is found in the distillation process. There isn't a distilling process with Marijuana; just making sure you add the correct chemicals, and maintaining the hydroponics system properly, but even then that isn't a safety issue, its a quality issue.
i'm sure they can, cos codeine came from morpheine and opium...anyways, its not lyk marijuana's any worse than those drugs...

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Marijuana has less long term effects then alcohol, tobacco, chocolate, & fatty foods.

Will legalising Marijuana reduce its use?
No.
Are you stupid? (maybe in countries where they 'jack' up the prices, and the average ammount of money earned by teenagers is low.)

Is Marijuana good for you?
No.

Would making Marijuana legal benefit society in general?
No.

Would making Marijuana legal to people over the age of 18, and making its use while participating in "Educational Facilities" such as; (Schools, Universities & Community Colleges). And certain Vocations where accuracy, and safety need to be ensured, more productive to society in general?
Yes.
That is a much better system.

Should Mandatory tests for Drug Use be performed under the proposed system?
Yes.

Should people receiving any type of welfare (excluding disability) have Mandatory testing for drug use (cannibus)?
Yes.

Now that would be a much more "Productive" system.
If you want to "Smoke Weed" and be a "FuckTart" then work as a chef, or a T.V repairman.

-Pez (I wonder how many people will actually read this... or instead skim through only reading their own responses and Ignoring all other. Meh)

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i agree that marijuana should be decriminalised/legalised, but i'm going to be fair and say that this is coming from someone who smokes up 2-3 times a week on average. so my opinion is biased in the sense that i obviously enjoy getting stoned.

i do have to say some of you have a weird idea of alcohol's place in history... excessive drinking is a modern thing? wha?

HSC
glycerine said:
i agree that marijuana should be decriminalised/legalised, but i'm going to be fair and say that this is coming from someone who smokes up 2-3 times a week on average. so my opinion is biased in the sense that i obviously enjoy getting stoned.

i do have to say some of you have a weird idea of alcohol's place in history... excessive drinking is a modern thing? wha?
want to meet up and share some of that with me? :eek:

turtleface

HSC
you stoners will get it anyway whether its legal or not, what difference does it make...

btw you're deluding yourself if you think marijuana is less harmful than alcohol or chocolate

i'm sure they can, cos codeine came from morpheine and opium...anyways, its not lyk marijuana's any worse than those drugs...
shite theres like a few mg of that crap in codeine, when you smoke that crap its more like grams.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
turtleface said:
you stoners will get it anyway whether its legal or not, what difference does it make...
What difference does it make? Well right now, you can be put in jail.
Thats the difference.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
turtleface said:
btw you're deluding yourself if you think marijuana is less harmful than alcohol or chocolate
how many people, ever, have died from smokiing marijuana vs drinking alcohol?
turtleface said:
shite theres like a few mg of that crap in codeine, when you smoke that crap its more like grams.
you're an idiot

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Eh... time to eat humble pie.

I recently had a Psychobiology lecture about drugs, and well... theres alot of info you can get at uni thats alot harder to get elsewhere... so maybe i was wrong, iam not too sure yet... and now iam not to sure if it would be a good thing or a bad thing if pot was legalised

It seems that the main reason "hemp" was made illegal was because the petroleum companies wanted to push their products

Alll the health problems...well they are kind of hard to prove it seems, so its safe to say these results should be taken with a grain of salt.

So it seems that the governments reason of keeping it illegal are mainly ecconomical, and any health problem prevention the laws sort out are a simple byproduct of making it illegal.

ladyknight

HSC
İ believe that smoking tobacco is at least as harmful as marijuana, and that if one is illegal than the other should be too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)