Should Muslim immigration to Australia be stopped? (1 Viewer)

Should Muslim immigration to Australia be stopped?

• Yes

Votes: 60 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 116 59.8%
  • Dont care tbqh because either way I couldnt care less.

Votes: 18 9.3%

• Total voters

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
As long as none of their bullshit religion becomes law I don't see why it should be stopped.

As long as rights and freedoms within this country do not change we should be fine.

Wait our rights and freedoms are changing due to Islam (See vilification laws)

Fuck.

ibbi00

HSC
You've clearly never been to a Muslim country where if you're identified as non muslim you basically get no respect, people spit on the ground near your feet etc.
FACT: 55,000 out of the 4,496,000 UAE population are British.
I've been to Dubai and there's a significant population of westerners there, and NO, they do not get spat on (another fact).

Yet many of these westerners convert to Islam out of choice (in Dubai and all over the world.. including Australia [seen it myself]), not because it is forced upon them but because they decide to look beyond their noses and deduce their own independent judgements instead of basing their views on the media whom is relentlessly bashing Islam almost 24/7.

redmayne

HSC
If you're a woman, a homosexual, a muslim or an easterner please know that christianity doesn't support you, and the stated goal of christianity is to take over the world.
More similar than you care to know.

Oh, and it's an online forum. Not an essay contest.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
FACT: 55,000 out of the 4,496,000 UAE population are British.
I've been to Dubai and there's a significant population of westerners there, and NO, they do not get spat on (another fact).

Yet many of these westerners convert to Islam out of choice (in Dubai and all over the world.. including Australia [seen it myself]), not because it is forced upon them but because they decide to look beyond their noses and deduce their own independent judgements instead of basing their views on the media relentlessly bashing Islam.
ahahahahahahahahaha

independent judgments
lead to Islamic faith

HSC
Uni Grad
and thats a good thing
truculent muslims + rednecks + picture of prophet = LALALALALALALALALALALLA

@op
how can you, so blatantly, disrepute all arabs
barbaric culture?
don't believe the friggin perpetuated media hysteria
watch russel peters
he'll explain it to you (Y)
That's right Amogh, good on you =D

+1

redmayne

HSC
The question is not: are all muslims terrorists? The question is: Are all terrorists muslims?

The answer of course, is yes.

Are you Muslim by any chance?
Don't know if this was directed at me, but I'm sure as hell gonna answer.

1. As to the point you edited out, opposing viewpoints are actually fundamental to discussions. So if you don't like people opposing yours, you probably shouldn't be in a discussion.

2. The answer, of course, is no. What about the terrorism of the IRA that continued for years and years, and continues to a small some degree today? Pretty sure they're not Muslim... In fact, it could be said the IRA "popularised" terrorism, so to speak.

3. No, I'm an atheist anglo-saxon. But that shouldn't matter.

EDIT: Oh, careful editing again. What? You don't think you should have asked that?

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Please point to an incident of Terrorism performed by the IRA in the past decade.

Kthx

redmayne

HSC

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
The IRA is still classified as a terrorist organisation in the UK. That classification was legislated in 2000.

They are terrorists. And not Muslim.

Oh, and you want a recent act of it.

Northern Ireland fears return of terrorist past as Real IRA 'claims' murder of two soldiers in Antrim | UK news | guardian.co.uk
Fair enough. I was referring to the fact that the Provo IRA had disbanded.

It's a bit of a scumbag thing to do but the Real IRA are a splinter group, like Hamas off of Hezbollah.

Regardless, sourcing is useful.

ibbi00

HSC
Not sure about the IRA, however rest assured I can provide you with countless evidence of IDF commiting war crimes i.e terrorism.

thank god for adblock plus. I just can't stand the sight of that hideous flag.

redmayne

HSC
Fair enough. I was referring to the fact that the Provo IRA had disbanded.

It's a bit of a scumbag thing to do but the Real IRA are a splinter group, like Hamas off of Hezbollah.

Regardless, sourcing is useful.
Nevertheless, they're pseudo-IRA, terrorists fighting for the same thing.

Therefore meaning that all terrorists are not Muslim. As slively so boldly claims.

Who knows what countless other terrorist acts are committed in the name of causes not Islamic. I don't, and neither does slively.

Sourcing's tedious pain in my butthole. But yes, helpful all the same.

redmayne

HSC
List of designated terrorist organizations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can you make exceptions for all of them as well? (I know it's wikipedia, but it's a list. Pretty basic stuff, I hope everyone here can fully comprehend it.)

Ann Coulter who sees Judaism and Islam in the same light, as primitive religions. Only her religion is good enough. She's a narrow-minded freak.

Oh and, on her/your point. Please tell all the families of all the hundreds of men, women and children killed in the 70s and 80s by the IRA that their deaths were "negligible". In a time when Islamic terrorism wasn't a news story.

So your terrorism point is well and truly in the trash. Although Wilson Tuckey will keep on defending it.

Continue, please.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
There are christian suicide bombers, too. There was a slate article on it AGES ago.

redmayne

HSC
They are primitive religions. Most are.

All Wilson Tuckey said was that refugee boats might harbour terrorists.

That's not exactly a wild conceptual leap.
Okay, pretend I never made that little smart arse crack.

You're right, it's not relevant to your "wild conceptual leap."

Don't digress, you were on a real roll there. You were saying that Islam has a monopoly on the terrorism industry, and they're using it to assault every aspect of our Western existence.

Please, do continue.

EDIT: I agree that much religion is primitive. Christianity included. Except she uses her religion to try and justify and disguise basic racist remarks. And the average American redneck laps it up.

You're a smart guy (don't be shocked I said that), much smarter than Ann Coulter. So don't insult yourself by quoting her.

Last edited:

redmayne

HSC
Well maybe not a monopoly, but they definitely have the most marketshare in a globalised world.
Maybe now.

But not 30 years ago.

Terrorism in certain groups and religions grows wildly when those cultures are antagonised, assaulted or face much opposition. It's not specific to Islam. Terrorism comes in waves, from different sources.

The IRA were huge, when extremist Islam was not.

And in Sri Lanka, for the past however many years, do you think they were worried about Islamic terrorism. Or Tamil terrorism?

The best thing the world could do to reduce Islamic terrorism would be to accept Muslims as people, and stop alienating them. The only time people really fight is when they're backed into a corner.

Raaaaaachel

HSC
Islamic terrorism is aimed at western society's incongruence with Islamic fundamentalist beliefs.
Yep, those crazy Islams just started hating America because we are rich and free, and allow mini-skirts and rock music.

It had nothing to do with the fact that we have been in their countries, murdering their people, building military bases, invading people's land to create Israel, arming warlords and overthrowing democratically elected governments to further our own interests.

redmayne

HSC
The single reason Islam is "incongruous" with Western society, is that the people in that society are so stubbornly hellbent on not accepting their beliefs, or even their existence. The single reason.

It's not an incongruence of ideals, if people were a little less melodramatic the two cultures could co-exist fine in a country like ours, it's an incongruence of acceptance.

The only reason we can't get along, is because you don't want us to.

redmayne

HSC
Yep, those crazy Islams just started hating America because we are rich and free, and allow mini-skirts and rock music.

It had nothing to do with the fact that we have been in their countries, murdering their people, building military bases, invading people's land to create Israel, arming warlords and overthrowing democratically elected governments to further our own interests.
Exactly, exactly!

They're angry at us for savaging their lands, from the Crusades to now.

Why are you angry at them? Because...you don't like the hijab?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)