• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should Nathan Rees resign or be sacked? (1 Viewer)

Rainie

HSC
Personally, I think that he should just resign himself. I reckon Morris Iemma did a better job than he did. But lo and behold the 2011 state elections, most people think Liberals are going to win it. His mismanagement of the economy is totally ridiculous, as he was the first ever premier to even think of scrapping free travel for school students.

Care to share opinions?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
M4/M5 cashback needs to be destroyed long before free school travel to students goes if they can actually claim cost cutting.

spiny norman

HSC
No. People voted for Labor in 2007 for a four year term. Parliament functions with them in government (not having bills blocked in the upper house). There are no allegations of the government's illegalities.

Just because people are unhappy about it now doesn't serve as a good reason for them to resign or be sacked. Don't let some ridiculous Telegraph campaign that has no basis let you be gathered up into the frenzy.

Wait until 2011. If you still hate what Labor's doing and think the Liberals/whoever would do a better job, vote them out. That's democracy for you. Stop whinging.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
yeah. you see, school students getting to school is more important that the fat povs who live in the south-west driving to the pub with the best special on a case of XXXX and getting some money back

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
the reason why labour was voted in at the last election is because the people felt they had no better choice. When I was working at the supermarket on election I had so many customers saying they didn't deserve to win. Even Alan Moir drew a cartoon showing citizens having to be dragged to the polls by cops.

Democracy in NSW is rotten. Parties are only interested in getting into power, not doing anything useful for the future. My vote will go to neither until I see some change.

Lentern

HSC
He should resign and endorse Carmel, while he's on his way out have a huge swipe at the trogs Mark Latham style, nobody likes them, would do good for labors image if it appeared the leadership did not either. But he probably shouldn't do it for about a year and a half, give Tebbutt a bit of chance, honeymoon period, then legislation overhaul finally a stinging, ruthless attack on Fat Cat to bring home the impossible victory.

Unlikely but it'd give them as gooder chance as any.

Rainie

HSC
Lentern said:
He should resign and endorse Carmel, while he's on his way out have a huge swipe at the trogs Mark Latham style, nobody likes them, would do good for labors image if it appeared the leadership did not either. But he probably shouldn't do it for about a year and a half, give Tebbutt a bit of chance, honeymoon period, then legislation overhaul finally a stinging, ruthless attack on Fat Cat to bring home the impossible victory.

Unlikely but it'd give them as gooder chance as any.
I agree with you. Hence if he even resigns, he can live pretty comfortably with the money he gets from parliament, just like Mark Latham. At least Tebbutt actually holds an economics degree as opposed to Rees.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Rainie said:
I agree with you. Hence if he even resigns, he can live pretty comfortably with the money he gets from parliament, just like Mark Latham. At least Tebbutt actually holds an economics degree as opposed to Rees.
I don't think you 'get' politics.

Politicians get the majority of their advice from advisors. Having an economics degree wouldn't make a difference.

The same inept fucks are going to advise Tebbutt who advises Rees and who advised Iemma.

Last edited:

bigb0yjames

HSC
like i said before, any uni students that votes for labor at the next state election deserves to be put down like a dog. you got to be one fucking dumb shit to cast a ballot for fucking dumb shits.

edit: lebos from lakemba/bansktown will probably vote for labor because they believe labor isnt racist. thus lebos are fucking retards.

edit edit: some lebos.

Rainie

HSC
jb_nc said:
I don't think you 'get' politics.

Politicians get the majority of their advice from advisors. Having an economics degree wouldn't make a difference.
Yeh, I knew that. At the end of the day, its what the country thinks. But i'm pointing out something; that's all.

Myse

HSC
Rees got in because he put his hand up :)

We'll see what happens in the next state election.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
rees is okay. coule be better though (by 100000000000 times)

aimhigh10

HSC
rees used to be a garbage truck driver before he became premier (nothing against garbage truck drivers in general, just in rees' case)
personally i detest him

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
aimhigh10 said:
rees used to be a garbage truck driver before he became premier (nothing against garbage truck drivers in general, just in rees' case)
personally i detest him
but his experience as a garbage truck driver would def help him to clean all those garbages we see from our current nsw cabinet. oh wait, he himself is a garbage...that's quite difficult then.

aimhigh10

HSC
lyounamu said:
but his experience as a garbage truck driver would def help him to clean all those garbages we see from our current nsw cabinet. oh wait, he himself is a garbage...that's quite difficult then.
HAHAHHAHAHAHA i like your way of thinking lyounamu

dp624

HSC
lol premier garbologist is ftw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)