Should women be allowed to serve in the infantry? (6 Viewers)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
recoil =

where Ir is recoil
Vo is velocity of projectile
Mp is mass of projectile
and c is powder charge

very rough equation, doesnt take the weight of the weapon into account or the action or anything

but weight does play an important part and light guns have more recoil than heavier ones.

m4 etc projectiles are 63gn at ~900m/s with like a 23gn powder charge, same with pretty much every assault rifle used these days
You also gotta take in the fact additional equipment (Hand Grip), Gun design (Bullpup/ standard) and Barrel type (Anti Recoil[.50 cal barret]).

I was more aiming at the weight issues for women picking them up, but with training and with small bursts instead of complete auto shenanigans, women can use the rifle.

Just dont be the fail lady i saw on youtube who didnt use the gun stock with a rifle scope.

HSC
weight is a non-issue, most guns weigh under 6kg with 0.50cal rifles being like 14, which is still managable.

All im saying is that rifle use is managable by women.

And that men do not have some sort of inherant accuracy advantage over women so stop bring this up.

Garygaz

HSC
weight is a non-issue, most guns weigh under 6kg with 0.50cal rifles being like 14, which is still managable.

And that men do not have some sort of inherant accuracy advantage over women so stop bring this up.
Agree to disagree then. But how do you respond to all the other genetic benefits men have over woman in terms of physical activity.

HSC
i agree with you on that, women will usuallynot be up to the same standard as men in all physical aspects, but arms handling isnt very physical imo.

which is why my view is that women should be allowed to join if they can meet the physical and mental standards of the men. So not many if any will get in. But if they can meet those standards, why not?

Women like this new 800m champion (lol if she is a women) would meet the physical aspects imo, and if they can meet the mental aspects they should be allowed. Women like her are very very rare though.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Exactly, why would you want to stop a woman who meets all the physical and mental requirements???

Who cares if on average women aren't as fit? The point is that they meet the same physical requirements as men to get in.

Who cares if on average they don't have a killer instinct? The point is that they meet the same mental requirements as men to get in.

Who cares if women don't want to join? We're not conscripting them. If they want to join then they should be welcome to apply.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

I was never disagreeing with you, sorry if i made it look that way, i was just saying, and rather poorly, that with new weapon designs and make up, women can pick them up, shit they pick kids up all the time.

Also, with the accuracy thing, its more about twitch reflexes, which muscles can be trained for. Im a 100m sprinter, but my GF would woop my arse in a 800m run, all because of how the muscles are trained.

yes but only to serve the men their food, clean their guns and suck their dick
No, get off, have fun with the -rep and go talk to Serius.

Kolefax

HSC

He's right too. I've seen female cadets at a shooting range out shoot pretty much everyone but the Army staff there.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Most weapons the US army uses are made of synthetics and plastics and the only metal parts are the bolt and barrel.

Our Styer parts are constructed from a company who produce toy tug boats.
Bullshit, the M16 is mostly aluminium and steel. Only the grip and stock are plastic.

Lol at these dudes thinking that because something isa "machine gun" they have MASSIVE recoil. they all use 5.56 nato. Srsly, a .223's recoil is a short crack and the bullet has already hit the target before you even realise you've felt the recoil.

As for grenade launchers, its still just a question of momentum and the grenade only travels 76 m/s (compared to ~900 for a 5.56mm round). Also unlike with a rifle shot you don't have to maintain your aim with follow up shots after firing a grenade.

Recoil is the least of the issues. I think the psychological side of the debate is much more significant.

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I was never disagreeing with you, sorry if i made it look that way, i was just saying, and rather poorly, that with new weapon designs and make up, women can pick them up, shit they pick kids up all the time.

Also, with the accuracy thing, its more about twitch reflexes, which muscles can be trained for. Im a 100m sprinter, but my GF would woop my arse in a 800m run, all because of how the muscles are trained.

No, get off, have fun with the -rep and go talk to Serius.
If your girlfriend would woop your arse in an 800m run you can't be too fit.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
If your girlfriend would woop your arse in an 800m run you can't be too fit.
100M sprint runner vs a 800m long distance runner in a 800m run.

Knowing Sprinters muscles are more defined as fast twitch muscles and distance runners have slow twitch muscles, i would be able to beat her in the first 100-200m, but she would beat me in a 800m.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
100M sprint runner vs a 800m long distance runner in a 800m run.

Knowing Sprinters muscles are more defined as fast twitch muscles and distance runners have slow twitch muscles, i would be able to beat her in the first 100-200m, but she would beat me in a 800m.
that just means you have no endurance.

Kolefax

HSC
Not really.
Some people are born for fight, others for flight.

If you've seen his gf, you'd know what i mean.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
yeah I know, but unless your girlfriend is a champion runner an 18/19 year old guy should be considerably faster.
The CHS record is 1:52 for guys and 2:10 for girls...

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Placed 2nd in zone cross country lol.

I can shoot, ride bikes and sprint.

She does CC's for fun, plays netball and loves beating me in tag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)