Should women be allowed to serve in the infantry? (3 Viewers)

HSC
i am (more like was) faster than the fastest girl in the state in 800m lol and i didnt even go away to western region much, thats how slow girls are.

in other news

Not ready for women on frontline | Opinion | News.com.au

"Defence Personnel Minister Greg Combet last week said a new centre of expertise at Wollongong University would study the physical requirements for modern soldiering and the results would help our defence force decide who could serve where, "regardless of gender". "

"Part of my sudden attack of sexism - and the least important - is that when I think of a woman going head-to-head with an enemy soldier, I picture an average woman. Smaller than the average man.

But the woman who puts her hand up for this sort of gig is not going to be average.

It would be a very small group of the women in the army now who are champing at the bit to fight one-on-one with the Taliban, and I'm guessing they don't have the build or delicate sensitivities of perfume counter assistants.

Maybe they can indeed carry a heavy pack as far as their male colleagues. Maybe they can shoot someone dead in the firefight with just the same lack of hesitation or compunction.

If they can do all that, why are they being stopped from doing what they want to do? "

"But it's not about their physical suitability really, is it? In fact, it's not even about their psychological ability to handle the killing jobs that for millennia have been men's work.

It's actually about the psychological ability of the rest of us to deal not just

with women doing the killing, but with women - our women - being killed. Or even simply captured."

disagree with this point lol fuckoff if you want true equality there shouldnt be any difference

HSC
Also i have never shot a rifle with an amount of recoil that has been an issue. All you CS fags need to stop commenting and drop that issue okay

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
"It's actually about the psychological ability of the rest of us to deal not just with women doing the killing, but with women - our women - being killed. Or even simply captured."
Gee thanks, that makes me feel SO much more valued, Defence Personnel Minister Fuckwit.

ubernuton

HSC
we will let women fight when we are forced to let them the day will come when the australian defence force is even more over streached than it is now (or was when we where also in iraq) when that day comes let us hope we let them on the front quick enough to save ourselfs

that said i think that if they are up to the same physically standard as men, then why the hell ain't we letting them on the front line

spyro14

HSC
Clearly your irony detector is currently faulty, my dear.
Irony: Dissimulation; ignorance feigned for the purpose of confounding or provoking an antagonist

Perhaps it is you who has misunderstood my intentions.

Edit: My dear

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Irony: Dissimulation; ignorance feigned for the purpose of confounding or provoking an antagonist

Perhaps it is you who has misunderstood my intentions.

Edit: My dear
And also "Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance) is a literary or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity or discordance between what one says or does and what one means or what is generally understood."

Which means your antagonistic statement to me was generally plain stupid.

spyro14

HSC
that said i think that if they are up to the same physically standard as men, then why the hell ain't we letting them on the front line
You tell me since the army has lesser physical requirements for females to be accepted.

spyro14

HSC
And also "Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance) is a literary or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity or discordance between what one says or does and what one means or what is generally understood."

Which means your antagonistic statement to me was generally plain stupid.
So let me see, inconsistancy between what I said and what I meant. Check

Deception and Feigned ignorance. Check

One extremely provoked antagonist. Check

Which means your response was entirely expected and as a bonus to me included a hint of a reflexive jump in your mind which resulted in your response ending with the aaaaaaaaaaaa ummmmmmmmmmm you're stupid...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
You tell me since the army has lesser physical requirements for females to be accepted.
That indicates a problem in the entry requirements, not a problem with women fighting on the frontline.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

Which means your response was entirely expected and as a bonus to me included a hint of a reflexive jump in your mind which resulted in your response ending with the aaaaaaaaaaaa ummmmmmmmmmm you're stupid...
Duking it with a Mod =/= smart.

spyro14

HSC
That indicates a problem in the entry requirements, not a problem with women fighting on the frontline.
To be honest I don't see that as a problem in the entry requirements, it just means that the goal of the entry requirements arn't to get women who are of equal physical capacities as the men accepted. That, in my mind would be because they don't want women in the frontlines, just working in other areas such a logistical management and so on.

cookkii

HSC
there was me thinking this was quite common knowledge - as much as i hate to say it, women are not as physically strong as men, so if the requirements were the same, would there be as many women joining the armed forces?? then the defence force would be seen as racist, or something like that. its a personal choice. if a woman wants to go out and (potentially) get herself killed in some stupid war over resources, then thats her choice, much as it is the choice of a man if he wishes the same.

HSC
there was me thinking this was quite common knowledge - as much as i hate to say it, women are not as physically strong as men, so if the requirements were the same, would there be as many women joining the armed forces?? then the defence force would be seen as racist, or something like that. its a personal choice. if a woman wants to go out and (potentially) get herself killed in some stupid war over resources, then thats her choice, much as it is the choice of a man if he wishes the same.
um sexist maybe lol

also resources are pretty fucking damn important

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Sexist.

The bar for Female soldiers is lower because the armed forces were not expecting females wanting to shoot terrorist's in the face and usually placed them in support areas.

As said before, if women can pass the physical, the medical and the psych test, then why cant they join.

spyro14

HSC
I feel that it isn't that simple, ultimately the military wants to have the most effective fighting force within the given budget. The potential issues that arise are whether or not a female fighting next to a male will negatively effect his performance.

Whether or not there could be a reverse effect of intimidation by having women there.

Whether or not it would be a better alternative just to focus more on increasing recruitment of males even if it may be at a lower rate of success as more and more of the males who have the slightest interest in joining become enlisted.

Perhaps some costly changes to protocol would have to be made to become more suitable for a larger female fighting force.

And so much more which i'm too lazy and stupid to think of right now.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Um, my comment meant that you didn't understand what I said. I wasn't calling you ironic, I was indicating that you were unable to detect the irony in my statement.

Need a shovel for the hole you're digging?

Snowfox said:
Duking it with a Mod =/= smart.
Correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)