Sittin on the toilet. (1 Viewer)

reps2g

HSC
So.. when i sit on the toilet i feel like i retain much more information (studying notes etc.), maybe its the thinking man pose ive got going on or the fluorescent light of the bathroom.. but i just study much more efficiently than at a table. Is this true for anyone else? :S

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's because your mind is left doing nothing in the toilet and so, any information you try to retain will be retained. Same applies in the shower.

findx

HSC
So.. when i sit on the toilet i feel like i retain much more information (studying notes etc.), maybe its the thinking man pose ive got going on or the fluorescent light of the bathroom.. but i just study much more efficiently than at a table. Is this true for anyone else? :S
That would explain your good marks LOL

Fawun

Queen
HSC
To study for my yearlies, i enlarge all my notes and worksheets and stick it on my ceiling and i read it in bed lol

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
the shower and the toilet are often places where you get very inspiring thoughts (srs)

because you are away from all the annoying grievances of everyone else

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
the shower and the toilet are often places where you get very inspiring thoughts (srs)

This.

Quite often, I think of pretty nice questions whilst in the shower, or just assignment problems if I'm given one.

Once I spent HOURS on a differential equation problem modelling heat seeking missiles and was on the brink of giving up (tears were shed), so I went to have a shower to refresh my mind. At that point, I was pretty darn frustrated.

As the water was getting warmer, the solution just suddenly hit me (because the solution to the problem required recognition of changing temperatures as the missile travels through the air) and I clambered out (nobody was home thankfully), jotted down the basic steps for the solutions, then got back in and enjoyed the rest of my shower.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
This.

Quite often, I think of pretty nice questions whilst in the shower, or just assignment problems if I'm given one.

Once I spent HOURS on a differential equation problem modelling heat seeking missiles and was on the brink of giving up (tears were shed), so I went to have a shower to refresh my mind. At that point, I was pretty darn frustrated.

As the water was getting warmer, the solution just suddenly hit me (because the solution to the problem required recognition of changing temperatures as the missile travels through the air) and I clambered out (nobody was home thankfully), jotted down the basic steps for the solutions, then got back in and enjoyed the rest of my shower.
Yep. I remember I was doing practise Senior Contest questions once and there was one question in particular i had absolutely nfi how to do, i had 3 pages of useless scribbles and nothing had come up. I went for a shower and BAM it hit me

seanieg89

HSC

I also agree. I have actually sometimes had some great ideas in my sleep (in a slightly different manner to the shower revelations obviously), struggling with a problem for several days so that your mind becomes very familiar with its working. Then when you do things like sleep, shower, walk etc your subconscious is actually mulling it over. In the case of sleeping, you can be hit by a completely different perspective on the problem as one of your very first waking thoughts, your subconscious reporting back to your conscious essentially.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
This.

I visualised that. And lol'd.

jenslekman

HSC
I also agree. I have actually sometimes had some great ideas in my sleep (in a slightly different manner to the shower revelations obviously), struggling with a problem for several days so that your mind becomes very familiar with its working. Then when you do things like sleep, shower, walk etc your subconscious is actually mulling it over. In the case of sleeping, you can be hit by a completely different perspective on the problem as one of your very first waking thoughts, your subconscious reporting back to your conscious essentially.
excellent explanation of the mind's inner working :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)