• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Smallville? (2 Viewers)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
my friends got the first three seasons on dvd so im gonna borrow em off her :)

HSC
I got all four seasons thus far on DVD (my bro got them for me from America).

S4 sucks though (but I'm biased). Actually even if I am biased S4 sucked! I know some people liked it, but there was no continuity and omg that unmentionable episode Unsafe. Clark couldn't get any thicker. Same as Lana! I think that whole season was dedicated to de-clothing Tom Welling. Granted that's a treat for my eyes, the man's a God, but a plot would be nice.

Personally, I liked S2 the best (though I am sort of biased, once again). If you're looking to buy DVD's, buy that one. It had the Red commentary with TW, KK and MR. It's hilarious. I was laughing the whole way through. But generally as a whole, I found S2 most well developed.

I liked Aqua and Exposed so far. (But I'm biased). Tomb was a bit of a disappointment for me.
haha, I HATED Exposed, but I think you can figure out why. For me to like an episode, KK has to actually be in it. She is after all, one of the big three leads. Aqua was so-so. I thought the dude who played Aquaman was really annoying though.

I only liked Tomb because of AM. I'm not a fan of horror, especially psychologically linked ones. So it kind of disturbed me. I wouldn't watch the ep twice.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
It's up to S5 in american, like episode 15.

I might buy S1-4 off ebay. I need scrubs too.

persephone

HSC
^Yep. Episode 15 titled
Cyborg.
Smallville is on hiatus at the moment in America. They come back March 30 with new eps.

The next ep here will be "Truth". Channel Ten, 7:30PM, Thursday.

Then it's Memoria, Talisman, Forsaken (directed by John Schneider who plays Mr Kent) and season 3 final Covenant.

And then season 4. :)

Last edited:

persephone

HSC
The promos for Smallville annoy me slightly. It's either "this is how Lex and Clark become enemies" or "the girl Clark loves is ..." (and none of what is promoted actually happens, it's really misleading and annoying). The promo for tonight's ep not really to do with being there for either Lana or Chloe (not really, memory is fuzzy on this ep).

Season 4 is almost here .. doo da ... doo da ... :)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I don't watch it often only when I get a chance, but fuck someone spoiler when Lana finds out :p

persephone

HSC
^ Spoiler when Lana finds out? I don't think she ever will until like the very very end, like final season.

Tonight's ep is 'Memoria'. I love this episode. It's mostly about Lex but it's really really good. And the promos are very misleading. It's more about Lex than Clark. I uploaded the commentary from tonight's episode off the season 3 dvd. It has Michael Rosenbaum, Miles Millar, Al Gough, Ken Horton and Greg Beeman talking on it. After tonight's ep only 3 more eps till season 4!

http://rapidshare.de/files/15055327/Smallville_3.19__Memoria__commentary_20060309_1414.mp3.html

It's about 37mb.

EDIT: My 800th post! Took me long enough.

HSC
The writers are too scared to make Lana find out. *sighs* They think it will make the ratings tank. Well I'm sorry but good luck to them. Episodes with Lana in tend to do better. They're just as bad as Clark with this secret-telling business! I'm still very pissy about them getting my hopes up like that in that S5 ep -_- What a devastating episode. I cried my eyes out when that awful... incident happened. Props to TW though, he made it believable.

I didn't watch Memoria. Got the DVD's anyway. I don't particularly like Lex. Especially his rather creepy ways in S5. He was cool at first, then he got a bit annoying with the "daddy doesn't love me", and S5 Lex is just plain sick. No offence to anyone. He just creeps me out in S5 is all. Lexana fans scare me dude X_X

Yup, S4 is coming up. Being a clana fan, it's the worst season in my eyes lol. Lots of pointless half-naked Clark and Lana has a massive fashion change. If you like Jensen Ackles from Supernatural, you'll probably dig S4. I thought it lacked continuity...I was pretty wtf in some eps. And S4 ruined Lana Lang. That's what piss me off most. Especially that unmentionable episode that gave out the most horrible morals. It was so OOC.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
did lana get into that tingy in like another paris...and she was gonna leave...wasnt that like a couple of eps...what happened with that??

persephone

HSC
Lana's still going to Paris.

sweetsweetcandy - Lexana makes me sick. It's just weird and gross and weird. If/when it happens, I'm averting my eyes. And season 4 would be a bad season for Clana fans ... but at least you got
Clana dancing in Spirit. Being a Clois fan, I was like ... what? No ... don't tell him to go dance with Lana. And what unmentionable episode are you talking about?

Next episode is TALISMAN. Not my favourite. I find it really really odd.

HSC
I really draw the line with Lexana. I swear to all that is right if they pursue this relationship I am stepping away from this show I have loved for so long. I know Lana's over 18, but it's still paedophilic in my eyes!

Oh S4 was a nightmare for us clana fans *spoilers* highlight to read:

Yeah we got that Spirit clana dance! It's funny because clana fans were stressing when Clark was about to ask Lois to dance, and then we were all relieved when he saw Lana walk in. No offence of course to you as a clois fan. I hope this doesn't offend you, but you're the nicest clois fan I have ever met on the net. But I loved Spirit. Annette O'Toole! She was so great as Dawn! LMAO.

And the unmentionable episode I'm talking about is "Unsafe". I am no fan of Alicia. In "Obsession" I found her entertaining coz I felt Clark needed some loving. But "Unsafe" was just horrible. I can't believe Lana was so irrational about the sex issue. It's obvious you don't sleep with him just to make him stay with you. What made it worse was that Jason stopped her so it made Lana look really bad.

I think my fave episode in S4 was "Spell".

Eh I didn't like Talisman. Didn't do much for me.

persephone

HSC
^Well, I suppose the yellow helps if you don't wait to be spoiled ... :)

sweetsweetcandy
I didn't like Unsafe either. Lana in Jason's shirt looked rather odd as well. She looked like she was a kid. I still can't believe Lana and Clark had sex. Am not a fan of Alicia or Calicia (or whatever that ship is). I really don't care that she died. I did care that when she died Clark was so emotional and was screaming "NOOOOOO!" I had flashbacks to the first Superman movie. It's like they're taking everything that belongs to Clois and giving it to other characters.

And yes, Annette O'Toole in Spirit singing to Ashlee Simpson rocked!

HSC
Sorry about the yellow! I don't know how to post spoilers on this MB. I've been trying to figure it out but... a lighter yellow will have to do for now. I apologise.

*huge spoilers* pls don't highlight if you don't want to know

persephone:

I'm not a fan of Clalicia either. And yeah, I was all wtf when Clark was crying so emotionally when she died. How could he? She tried to kill Lana, then she took advantage of Clark on Red K, then she betrayed him (granted he didn't know, but still), plus he barely knows her, and yet he cries like that! I was cheering Martha on when she told him off.

But Clark's reaction to Lana's death in Reckoning made up for it. That was heart-wrenching.

Well, I am a clana fan, so I was all for them having sex. Though I was rather annoyed Clark just went through with it before telling Lana his secret. Then when he got his powers back, suddenly there's a no-sex policy -_-

I can't say I was happy Lois appeared on the show. She does provide comic relief at times and I enjoy some of her comments, but I was pretty iffy they made her appear in Smallville because I didn't think she belonged there yet. And in my eyes, it ruined the clois future! Because I can't imagine Clark ever seeing Lois other than like a sister now. I really liked clois back in the Lois&Clark days with teri hatcher and dean cain though.

But I'll be sticking to clana in Smallville. I really enjoy the chemistry Tom and Kristin share, as sappy as it may sound.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
?????
What is the deal with saying clana and clois and calicia? It is very annoying.

persephone

HSC
Clana and stuff is short hand for the Clark/Lana relationship. So Clark + Lana = Clana. Clark + Alicia = Calicia. It's a shipping thing.

And to do spoilers it's just [ SPOILER ] what you want to type [ / SPOILER ] , but without spaces in the spoiler tags.

Ep 3.20 Talisman on this Thursday ... 3 more eps till season 4! (If channel 10 is going to show season 4 straight after)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
persephone said:
Clana and stuff is short hand for the Clark/Lana relationship. So Clark + Lana = Clana. Clark + Alicia = Calicia. It's a shipping thing.

And to do spoilers it's just [ SPOILER ] what you want to type [ / SPOILER ] , but without spaces in the spoiler tags.

Ep 3.20 Talisman on this Thursday ... 3 more eps till season 4! (If channel 10 is going to show season 4 straight after)
I don't get it though. You shouldn't need to say that annoying clana thing people should just know what you are talking about when you say lana.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't get it though. You shouldn't need to say that annoying clana thing people should just know what you are talking about when you say lana.
Yeah, but then if you just say Lana, you wouldn't be referring to Clark AND Lana, just Lana :p Plus it saves times just typing out clana instead of Clark and Lana every single time. Or clois, or chlark, or chlete, or jalana, or clex, or lexana or - I'll stop now.

But I understand why you might find it annoying if you're just a casual viewer of the series. But if you're hardcore shipper, then "clana" or w/e becomes part of your vocabulary because you probably wandered onto a shipper MB on the net and they started saying "clana" and once you figured out what it was, you got attached to it. It's very sad, yes, I hear you laughing. I'm aware I'm freakishly obsessed with this show, soo I'm used to being looked at strangely.

I sound insane, but ironically the show keeps me sane. I need some kind of break from the horror that is the HSC -_-

persephone

HSC
It's like Harry Potter and their Heron ships or Harmony ships or whatever the other ships are. Fans of the OC do it as well. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have now become TomKat.

It's just shorter that way.

TALISMAN on tomorrow night.

EDIT: I always called it Jasana ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)