Snoop Dog, Ice Cube and Bone Thugz (1 Viewer)

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
you can only compare things with similar properties you fucking idiot.

rebuttal* since you like spelling-related digs :) (and 'argument' has no e ;))

I don't agree that rap 'is the weak genre in terms of skill level' and assuming it was (for your sake) why would that make it bad music?

and im pretty fucking sure variety in note volume can be found across all types of music.

The standards for which you are holding music up to are so, so, SO retarded.
The weak suck, is it basic knowledge, hence making it bad music..

Reasons include:
- Minimal at best, use of real instruments and 'saying' the words not singing to them.
- Most of their lyrics refer to 'sex, drugs, violence and money.(money in da bank) usually about how much money they have' WHO CARES!?
- The music is monotonous and boring.
- Rap promotes violence, guns and shootings and gang fights and hate
- They change their original names to try and look 'cool'
EXAMPLE ONE: John= Lil' John
EXAMPLE TWO: Wayne=Lil' Wayne
EXAMPLE THREE: Rap = Retarded
Get the drift?
- Most rap albums are explicit and should not be heard by kids yet we can see by the dress code that rap has affected our youth.
- Definition of RAP; Retards Attempting Poetry.
Rock on! \m/

This was fun =]
I shall leave you all alone now:wave:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
'the weak suck'....very arbitrary.

- 'real' instruments??? you mean conventional instruments? every instrument is a real instrument...a drum machine is a real instrument, a vocorder is a real instrument, a keyboard is a real instrument.

- no, if you don't understand the culture or context then do not even attempt to criticise the content, you will make yourself look even more foolish then you already seem to be.

- alicia keys changed her original name to "try and look cool" sooo....does that make her a bad musician?

- affected our youth that much? really? wow, they must have been pretty successful at creating interest then eh?

I wish you would surprise me and be all like

"EXAMPLE TWO Dante Smith = Mos Def

instead of wayne = lil wayne"

further evidence of how your knowledge of rap is limited to that of the radio and mainstream artists. no wonder you have this ill opinion of it.

Last edited:

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
'the weak suck'....very arbitrary.

- 'real' instruments??? you mean conventional instruments? every instrument is a real instrument...a drum machine is a real instrument, a vocorder is a real instrument, a keyboard is a real instrument.

- no, if you don't understand the culture or context then do not even attempt to criticise the content, you will make yourself look even more foolish then you already seem to be.

- alicia keys changed her original name to "try and look cool" sooo....does that make her a bad musician?

- affected our youth that much? really? wow, they must have been pretty successful at creating interest then eh?

I wish you would surprise me and be all like

"EXAMPLE TWO Dante Smith = Mos Def

instead of wayne = lil wayne"

further evidence of how your knowledge of rap is limited to that of the radio and mainstream artists. no wonder you have this ill opinion of it.
Is playing a sample an instrument? because that is what most rap artists use.
Your second point did not prove a thing.
Alicia keys is a good musician she uses talented SINGING.
The music did not create the interest, the IMAGE and CULTURE did.
I am no longer talking in this thread so please stop asking questions because they will no longer be answered.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yes, interpolating a sample to create an effect is skillful and instrumental.

no, the music created the interest, and the image and culture were promoted through it, just like the 'goth' subcultures and every other music-related subculture

really dude, you are pretty much the definition of dumb and thick-headed.

run away then :wave:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
What's with these elitist music faggots that believe that music must be played using instruments and talk about shit they want to hear as opposed to music based on contexts and scene, lyrics based on experiences and moods?

Like shit, personally - I dislike Metal but I can still appreciate the talent required for the instrument playing/vocals for the screaming or whatever, but it's borderline retarded to even downplay metal as 'music' as opposed to a genre I prefer simply because I dislike it.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
got my tickets woooooooooooo
even though they're heaps shit
and a reserve
and section 5 lol
at least i will be there
chyaaa

9deuce

MADE
HSC
LMAO @ people in here trying to look superior because they don't listen to Hip-Hop.
They try too hard to be different.

Nobody asked any of you to come in here and to state your opinion.

Always the metal-heads and emo kids that hate anything else except for their music, which shouldn't even be classified as music.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i like metal too, it's dissapointing to find that its actually true that, from my personal experience, the most narrow-minded people in terms of music i have come across have been metal fans (or people who claim to only like 'classical rock'), though i know alot of metal fans who are very open to all types.

McLovin

HSC
9deuce said:
LMAO @ people in here trying to look superior because they don't listen to Hip-Hop.
They try too hard to be different.

Nobody asked any of you to come in here and to state your opinion.

Always the metal-heads and emo kids that hate anything else except for their music, which shouldn't even be classified as music.
LMAO!!!!!
You are hilarious:D

ninja-boy

HSC
Omg, Honestly fuck yall stupid ignorent cunts.

dont judge rap by the mainstream bullshit that comes out today, there just shit, with some fucking lame flow and all the rap about are money and hoes. GO back to the 90's if you want real rap,

WU TANG IS FOREVER MOTHERFUCKERS

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
McLovin said:
LMAO!!!!!
You are hilarious:D
hey mate

you like metal eh?

this was posted in the death metal thread:

http://www.wikihow.com/Appreciate-Death-Metal

two of the points the author proposes is this:

# Learn about the history and characteristics of death metal. It's probably more interesting and complex than you thought -- many of the stereotypes of death metal music and its artists aren't true at all. They are not all lazy, animal-sacrificing psychos; most are actually normal people with family, friends, and complex off-stage personalities.

# Listen beyond the crunching guitars and harsh singing. Although the rough guitar sound and grating vocals that permeate all of death metal can take a little getting used to (especially if your ears are accustomed to softer sounds), it's more than just noise. There are melodies, patterns, and complexities to be appreciated if you listen attentively enough.

just wondering, do you agree with them?

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
ninja-boy said:
Omg, Honestly fuck yall stupid ignorent cunts.

dont judge rap by the mainstream bullshit that comes out today, there just shit, with some fucking lame flow and all the rap about are money and hoes. GO back to the 90's if you want real rap,

WU TANG IS FOR THE CHILDREN
fixed

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
McLovin said:
Yes, I do agree with it.
then take your double-standard-having hypocritical illogical and ignorant ass out of this fucking thread.

if you cannot see the blatantly obvious double standards in agreeing with that yet using raps content as part of your previous argument as to why its 'inferior music' then you must have some diagnosed retardation or some kind of cognitive problem.

Sladeray1

HSC
i like underground hip hop, so much better. mainstream is usually just out to make a buck, alott of aussie hip hops the same,

In saying that i also love metal and i can appreciate them both. everybody likes what they like and unfortunately people like some pretty bad things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)