• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

so did everyone made some friends yet? (3 Viewers)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
soha said:
u know 3 ppl or are friends with 3 ppl
theres a difference..
coz like i know people..but i wouldnt hang out with them
talk to them
call them friends
can we just say they are friends? :eek:

i am lonely...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
oh no!

jimmy touched my special place :eek:

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Just sit next to somebody in ur tutorial and then when you see them in the lecture just be like 'hey you're in my class, right? What's ur name, bty?' Make sure you smile and act all nice and stuff. Most of the ppl at Macq are really down to earth and quite easy going. If you're wondering, i'm actually quite a shy person so i never had the guts to actually introduce myself to anyone - but thankfully they came up to me, so that's cool! :)

iwannarock

HSC
i'm second year arts/law. like other people said, if you haven't made many friends in first year, its a lot harder in second year.

i haven't made any uni friends that i see outside of uni. although i haven't really made an effort to. i'm more of a loner. sure i introduce myself to randoms in tutes but i only ever see/talk to them in tutes.

im your typical anti-social macquarie person. i make my timetables with no breaks or as little breaks as possible so i can be in and out of uni like a phantom. for my first semester last year none of my friends from school ever saw me at uni. EVER. they thought i had ditched uni or something. my timetable was that good (plus i was in x5b block for all lectures and tutes, right next to the car park!)

i dont like spending anymore time than i have to at uni, in and out like a flash. its kinda sad but meh, uni isn't a big part of my life, infact its one of the smallest and i tend to keep it that way.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
mistyflowe said:
I found it quite hard to make friends in uni, so I was wondering am I the only one think like this? Because like everyone has different times for lectures, guess it's hard to find someone same as you.
Learning to speak English might help:)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Yeah, I made some friends. While waiting for a class, I went and talked to the coolest looking people. Most discussions revolve around alcohol when you first meet people at uni.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
withoutaface said:
Learning to speak English might help:)
yeah and you should try developing a personality.

Basically, people in my course are.. well, not the type of people I'd normally associate with but they're still nice. I have friends in particular classes, but no one I'd see out of uni hours.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
steph@nie said:
yeah and you should try developing a personality.

Basically, people in my course are.. well, not the type of people I'd normally associate with but they're still nice. I have friends in particular classes, but no one I'd see out of uni hours.
edit :)

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
im like a normally shy person but 1st sem last yr i realised that i wuz gonna get no-where so i faked confidence n talked 2 randoms, eventually became frenz, got intro'd 2 their frenz etc etc but yeh being 1st yr u just gotta go up 2 ppl in lectz n stuff

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i talk to random ppl in tutes thats cool...in lectures its harder tho and im jus usually with a school friend..plus i know a few ppl from BoS so thats cool as well...im actually a bit like iwannarock...my timetable has little to no breaks and i jus go to uni for a few hours and then im out of there...but i realise that its not good to b anti social so i stay back sometimes, skip bullshit like comp115 (course is good, lecturer is not) etc to make time

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Last year it took me about a week to make new friends. It was in a tute and I knew no one there so I just made a beeline for two decent looking guys and said, "hey, how's it going? you got a spare textbook?" and they were like "no, sorry" but I shared with them anyway. Introduced myself and voila, friends up till now and we still sit with each other in our lectures and hang out. But I agree they're not really the ones I'd go out with, much anyway, except maybe pub crawling or uni parties ;)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
supra: for comp115 do you have french guy again?

and RCMasterAA, will you be my friend? and dude your av is awesome!

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
iambored said:
some courses can be like that, some courses are all people you associate with, then you go to a subject from a different department and they all seem foreign

a good way to meet people is go early to class so you can talk to people before your tutes. if you're prepared to be the one to say hi to other people waiting quietly, then do it. i hate being late for tutes for that reason.
You're right about the two different department thing. I do Italian for my elective, but my degree is commerce and the differences between the people are amazing. As terrible as this sounds, the main way I've met people is by asking them for a light in the breaks between lectures and stuff. It's actually a pretty good way to meet people, because you break the ice by asking for a light then you make a comment like "how fucked is stats/econ/accg" and then they agree with you and then you're like talking and shit.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Orange Juice said:
supra: for comp115 do you have french guy again?

and RCMasterAA, will you be my friend? and dude your av is awesome!
nah french guy is doin 125...chinese guy doin 155 which i was going to change it to except im too lazy...indian guy, nayak for 115...im indian myself but still this guy really is shit

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
hahah last year we had french then chinx guy... french was wayyyy worst... (wait did we have the chinese one?)

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
im wif asylum for media tut n lecture lols.. made fwen wif this american dude nwent to mq village last friday.. WOW.. its was lk lil america
there's hardly ne hotties asian in media n cul studies.. :(

X

xeuyrawp

SuGa BunI =D said:
im wif asylum for media tut n lecture lols.. made fwen wif this american dude nwent to mq village last friday.. WOW.. its was lk lil america
there's hardly ne hotties asian in media n cul studies.. :(
?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)