so,what are your plans for these holidays? (1 Viewer)

DoctorPie

HSC
I will be doing very little, and actually enjoying my last set of <b>massive</b> holidays before prelim/HSC.

I'll catch up on eating, some TV shows (such as Iron Chef! :D) and some reading also.

<3 holidays.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
summarising. getting ahead so i have a bit more slack for next year

camomile.tea

HSC
I wish I were going overseas. Instead I guess I'll be stuck home watching tennis again. Is it just the people I know or do those who stay at home do nothing but watch the Australian Open?

Well, other than that I'll try to read some related texts for next year (if I find out what they are) and do some volunteer work.

aimhigh10

HSC
camomile.tea said:
I wish I were going overseas. Instead I guess I'll be stuck home watching tennis again. Is it just the people I know or do those who stay at home do nothing but watch the Australian Open?

Well, other than that I'll try to read some related texts for next year (if I find out what they are) and do some volunteer work.
yeah i wish i was going overseas as well...

oh well
:(

i'll probably sit around watching the cricket (yeah and the tennis)

i wanted to get a casual job but no interviews, no nothing, looks like its not going to happen,
maybe i will just do some volunteer work, that is a good idea camomile

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
camomile.tea said:

aus open is pretty boring. all aussie tennis players are dead, there isn't much point in watching aus open no aussie player...wait...since when did we have aussie player anyway?

camomile.tea

HSC
lyounamu said:
aus open is pretty boring. all aussie tennis players are dead, there isn't much point in watching aus open no aussie player...wait...since when did we have aussie player anyway?
LOL. There's just something soothing about watching a ball fly rhythmically across the tv screen. I watch it so I can hear that sound it makes when it hits the racquet... yes, sad.

And I believe the last time a real Australian tennis player stepped onto the courts was about 50 years ago. They seem to have died out, you see. I don't care about all this business about whatshisface Hewitt.

aimhigh10

HSC
camomile.tea said:
LOL. There's just something soothing about watching a ball fly rhythmically across the tv screen. I watch it so I can hear that sound it makes when it hits the racquet... yes, sad.

And I believe the last time a real Australian tennis player stepped onto the courts was about 50 years ago. They seem to have died out, you see. I don't care about all this business about whatshisface Hewitt.
haha

i dont know if he still plays but there was umm i think his name was andy.. i think andy roddick??

camomile.tea

HSC
aimhigh10 said:
haha

i dont know if he still plays but there was umm i think his name was andy.. i think andy roddick??
Er, I think he's American (would've helped him become one of the faces of American Express...) He used to play quite well, but now it's all about Spanish and Swiss players or something.

Cardea

HSC
camomile.tea said:

Haha, same here! I love watching the Open.. I actually went a couple of years ago. There was also Alicia Molik but yeah, she's retired now.

I'm going down to Melbourne for Christmas to visit family. Might bring something from prelim course for light reading, lol. And in case I get bored.

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
haha the Aus. Open is awesome! My favourite player is Federer =)

Matches between he and nadal are brilliant!

The Serbian won the Open last year, forgot his name.. i tink it's something like djockovic and he's pretty young..

aimhigh10

HSC
camomile.tea said:
Er, I think he's American (would've helped him become one of the faces of American Express...) He used to play quite well, but now it's all about Spanish and Swiss players or something.
oh
well that shows just how much i know
haha

Cardea

HSC
Miss Sunshine said:
haha the Aus. Open is awesome! My favourite player is Federer =)

Matches between he and nadal are brilliant!

The Serbian won the Open last year, forgot his name.. i tink it's something like djockovic and he's pretty young..
Me too!! But I'm always rooting for Federer. I'm still sore over the drop in ranking. Mm, yeah, Novak won, the arrogant little thing..

aimhigh10

HSC
isnt there some other pro...?
um i think his name was nadal
umm i think rafael nadal

wow my tennis knowledge is shocking

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
oh I know! I was down in the dumps for a while cos his ranking dropped :(

why!!! He plays extremely well!! I love it how he is always so calm especially when he's under lots of pressure! :)

yeh aimhigh you're right- his name is rafael nadal =)

aimhigh10

HSC
Miss Sunshine said:
oh I know! I was down in the dumps for a while cos his ranking dropped :(

why!!! He plays extremely well!! I love it how he is always so calm especially when he's under lots of pressure! :)

yeh aimhigh you're right- his name is rafael nadal =)

i thought he was pretty goood for a bit as well :)

wow i guess my tennis knowledge is improving by the minute :p

Cardea

HSC
Novak has always gotten on my nerves.. probably because he won instead of Fed, haha. He's a funny guy but I don't know, he kind of rubs me the wrong way. Federer, on the other hand, is brilliant :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)