Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
A question for any of those who closely follow Spanish football.

Miguel Angulo from Valencia looks like he's coming to Arsenal , according to a Valencia spokesperson.

Is he any good, he might only be here as a utility forward/mid but does he have the pedigree to play here and will he be able to handle british footie?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
the difference is man utd has loads of players out while liverpool is just continueing on their usual ways....

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Unlucky for bobby robson. The reason his team is crap at the moment is that no one on that team wants to do the hard work. Kluivert just wants to score, Dyer doesnt want to do any work in the mid and they have a shit defence. Only Shearer wants to do something, and he is getting no help from anybody.

T

timbk2

shearer might even take up the role as manager...

does anyone know when the champions league group stages will start?

i hope Sbs gets the rights to show more champions league

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
I dont think Shearer has the experience necessary to take over the managers role of a premier league club just yet. He is a great tactical player and all, but you still need some sort of introduction to managing before taking on the job at such a large club like Newcastle. Only way I can see him becoming manager is if they hire him as a co-manager or assistant with someone else more experienced helping him.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah Sir Bobby didn't deserve to be sacked, he said that selling Woodgate was under his consent, but I'm rather doubtful. + He's had to deal with blowhards like Kluivert, Bellamy and Dyer. Wish him the best whatever he does next.

Interesting note about Liverpool going down to Bolton.. Keweel didn't get a place on the bench. With SBS not covering the EPL anymore I haven't seen much of him, has he been that bad this season that Rafa would replace him with Warnock?

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
From reading LFC fan forums, Kewell's apparently been playin shite again this yr - lazy in defence, not willing to take on defenders & put in good crosses as he used to in his Leeds days, etc. I think most Reds fans can see the talent HK posesses but for wotevr reason consistenly fails to play to his full potential.

Warnock is one for the future i think, Rafa's probly be thinkin 'this kid cant do ne worse than Harry atm'. Benitez has also brought in Luis Garcia, who can play on both flanks & scored 16 goals from midfield when he played under Benitez @ Tenerifé a few yrs back.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Would that fan forum be koptalk?

Anyway I'm sure Harry will be back in the side in good time. He just needs a few weeks to get his confidence back under Rafa and we'll have a damn good MF, arguably on par with Arsenal's and better than Chelseas and ManU's...provided everyone plays to potential.

^___^
HSC
man utd best possible formation:

smith rooney
giggs scholes keane c.ronaldo
o'shea heinz ferdinand g.neville

somehow with smith working so hard and ever improving, i see him starting ahead of Saha, as for either him with van the man, or rooney is yet to be seen

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I'd say Man U's best bet..

Van the Horse
Rooney the Mo (the prostitute thing)

Giggs Scholes Keane Ronaldo

Heinze, Silvestre (lack of options), Ferdinand, G.Neville

or alternatively with such a striker rich side, 4-3-3
RVN
Rooney Smith

Giggs Scholes Ronaldo

Heinze Keane Ferdinand G.Neville

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
hmm...
doubt smith/saha/ronney will be playing behind vanny....none of them have the skills to be a playmaker, which is what 4-5-1 needs. and saha cant play up front by himself..
best formation would probably be something like this:

vanny/ronney if doesnt recapture from-----smith occasionlly
scholes-----saha/smith sometimes....wtf happened to kleberson?

gigs,keane,fletcher,ronaldo, ----smith can come in occasionlly to the flankes

heinze, whoever, rio, g.neville

think either smith or saha is gonna be screwed by their move.....probably saha

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
dirty dave said:
last sunday?
yep......felt sorry for chelsea, but damn manu looked hot
yeah i remember the commentators wouldnt let go of the fact "cantona isnt playing his best at all- pressure has gotten him"

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Actually i think there's 4 of us now, i'm pretty sure timbk2 is a Liverpool fan as well :)

@ jimgreen: nah it was the This is Anfield Forums, u lurk around KopTalk eh?

^___^
HSC
man, and i thought howie was brave enough to call himself a west ham fan in a public forum..now we have liverpool fans doing the same thing :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)