• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Van Persie iz married...?
Hectic got picz of hiz wife...? LoL
He got married before he moved here. I saw him and his wife at the Arsenal press conference when they signed him. Cute Dutch brunette ;)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
It all apparently happened at a Rotterdam club called Baha

Here's a pic from their website:

Why the fuck would he be in a plpace like that :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
HeCtic said:
It all apparently happened at a Rotterdam club called Baha

Here's a pic from their website:

Why the fuck would he be in a plpace like that :D
Maybe Sol Campbell took him for a night out?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Benny_ said:
Sure it was a woman that he raped? ;)

Yep, apparently she is Russian too. I'll leave the conspiracy theories at that.

copious said:
Maybe Sol Campbell took him for a night out?
Better watch what you say copious ;)

Sol Campbell's brother jailed for attack over gay rumour

Saturday June 4, 2005
The Guardian

Sol Campbell's brother was jailed for 12 months yesterday for attacking a university classmate who suggested that the Arsenal defender was gay.

John Campbell, 34, kicked his victim senseless, shattering his jaw and several teeth during a local football club training session.

The injuries would probably have been much worse if others had not pulled the "extremely aggressive" defendant away, Snaresbrook crown court, in east London, heard.

Mark Goldstein, who was struck so hard that stud marks were imprinted on one side of his head, was taken to hospital where he had metal plates inserted in his face to hold his fractured jaw together. He spent days sipping liquidised food through a straw.

Article continues
Campbell, of Manor Park, east London, who claimed self-defence, was convicted by a jury earlier this year of causing grievous bodily harm on February 26 2004. He showed no reaction as Judge David Richardson said jail was inevitable for what he had done.

"I am told you are frustrated when people taunt you about your brother - that may be the case, but it does not justify an attack with kicks. Mr Goldstein's behaviour could have been dealt with by words."

He said the smartly dressed defendant was clearly normally of a "quiet disposition" and had done much valuable charitable and football coaching work in the community. He would have gone to prison for longer had it not been for his previous good character.

The court heard a possible trigger for the otherwise "unprovoked" assault happened several days earlier. Campbell and his victim, both in their first year of a sport and exercise science course at the University of East London, were told to list things that "could hold you back in sport".

Mr Goldstein, a Spurs fan, said the lecturer had asked him if he knew any professional sports people who were gay, and he had mentioned rumours about Sol Campbell.

The student told the jury that he later attended a Clapton football club training session that the team coach, John Campbell, had invited him to join. Halfway through, he phoned a friend who was late, but heard the defendant shouting: "Get off the phone!"

He said Campbell seemed angry and then attacked him.

Campbell said he was the one who was attacked. He said the other man had taunted him several times at university about his "fucking gay" brother, before mentioning it again during the training session and then turning on him.

He insisted that after being struck several times, he "swung out" in self-defence. Campbell's barrister, Patrick Moran, said his "mild-mannered" client had endured years of "turning the other cheek" over repeated taunts about his brother's sexuality.

"Malicious and unfounded rumours began to circulate about this man's younger brother's sexuality following his switch of allegiance to Arsenal," said Mr Moran. "Speculation was so intense that [Sol] had to make a public denial."

He said of his client: "He has brought shame on his family and most ironically to his younger brother, whose reputation he fought to protect."

He gets out in a year :)

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Money......
I'm completed aware of the money factor. I was more meaning to say that I don't think it's worth it to lie about something like this. He wouldn't be the only one affected obviously - the club, national team and more importantly his family and wife. Also - when found out that your lying - how will you ever hold your head up again? If you succeed in winning the case - Will your conscious ever give you rest?

If claims of rape were ever made about one of the males in my life that I love and respect I would be devastated. The money’s not worth it.

HeCtic said:
I'm inclined to believe he's innocent, if you've seen his wife I can't see how he'd need anything more than that to keep him happy in his pants.
Rape often has to do with things other than physical attractiveness.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
Chelsea, Man Utd await Obi ruling

Interesting to see how this plays out. I'm rather hoping he ends up with Chelsea for some reason.
If that's the case...i hope that Alonso leaves Liverpool then :)

gijoe

Banned
liverpool you'll never walk alone

Liverpool are the greatest team ever because they've got the best midfielder Gerard. Gerard the best player in the world right now and I'd just like to say that liverpool will get the treble next season.

gijoe

Banned
football is a better name than soccer

I think that everyone in Australia and America should call the game football because soccer sounds shit.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yes indeed.. Van Persie's wife is a looker. God I hate these lazy money grubby bitches. Why can't they realise how much damage they could be doing to an innocent guy's life and career. If she has to do this kinda thing, couldn't she just claim it was Beckham or Warne like every other woman? :mad:

Anyway I don't know if this has been posted before.. but check out the skills of this 9 year old. Cry your heart out Ronaldinho I say.

http://www.jean-carlos-chera.com/

slip

HSC
liverpool's steve finan may be charged with dangerous driving causing death over an incident that saw an 89 year pensioner die 5 week after the crash from head injuries he sustained during the crash.

alot of australians do call it football. it would be much easier if everyone excepted union and league arent football, and as such they should be refered as union and league. and afl is just aussie rules.

anyways liverpool supporters will tell you gerard is not the best player in the world. they will say that alonso and cara were better all season.

and ill tell you that through out the season chelsea was a far more consistent and thus better team and that lampard was a far more consistent and better player.

slip

HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
My comment was made in jest – I was assuming your’s was also. My mistake.

That's to be expected but those same fans that are migrating to Liverpool have most likely emigrated from Chelsea. Have no fear Slip - they'll move back to Chelsea when the team win's the title again................in another 50 years. ;) (Another Joke if you can't tell :D)
no no mine was made in jest.

you can have those fans for the next 50 years i dont mind. Or maybe they will come back when we get the quintuplet (charity, fa, carling, premier, champs) next year and go back to liverpool when they win the premier league in 50 years (after spending 48 years battling man utd in the lower leagues after getting relagted this season...) :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think the footballing world would be sickened to the bone if a club like Chelsea were to become as dominant as all that. Thankfully it won't in the near future. Mourinho will slip up sometime, and when he does his ass will be out the door. When THAT happens Chelsea will be screwed... wishful thinking I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)