Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Merforga said:
5-3....gom...arsenal played so bad ><

They were brilliant.

Absolutely amazing football match, the best I've seen for many seasons in England!!

It takes some character to come back from copping 3 pie in the sky goals like that, and we mowed Boro down amazingly. Sends out a scary message that 3 goals won't be enough to save you against us this season. Middlesbrough will do well this season, challengers for Newcastle's 5th place.

Reyes, what a player!!!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Apparently Kevin Keegan chucked a schitz at Rafa Benitez for standing up in the coaching area and blocking his view.. also said something along the lines of how Rafa needs to improve his English..hilarious considering some of the sh*t he's said over the years

'The ref was vertically 15 yards away.'
'They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Heighway and he's nothing like him, but I can see why - it's because he's a bit different'
'There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight.'
'I came to Nantes two years ago and it's much the same today, except that it's totally different.'
'It's understandable that people are keeping one eye on the pot and another up the chimney.'
'I'd love to be a mole on the wall in the Liverpool dressing room at half-time.'
'The Germans only have one player under 22, and he's 23'
'You get bunches of players like you do bananas, though that is a bad comparison.'
'Shaun Wright-Phillips has got a big heart. It's as big as him, which isn't very big, but it's bigger'
'It could be far worse for me if it was easy for me.'
'I've got absolutely nothing against Sir Alex. I just strongly disagree with him'.
'I know what is around the corner - I just don't know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon.'
'I'm not disappointed - just disappointed.'

^___^
HSC
fuck man

i want to see alan smith's goal..was it a really mad screamer??

hmm..McClaren needs to work with the defence of his tema, i mean, he has the ammos, hasslebaink, dukes...but at the back..southgate?

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lol @ keegan quotes, (i'll tease meh dad with that, he goes for man city ... rofl)
*w00t* go arsenal ... what an amazing comeback, excellent good 2 watch game too!!!
reyes is gonna fire this season ...

T

timbk2

i was at a hotel last night and they had fox .. so i mamaged to catch the premier league highlights... . smiths goal was awesome.. but i think the best would have to be patrick berger's goal.... get a look of that if you get a chance... absolutely stunning....very much like henry's goal a few years ago when he flicked it up from way outside, turned and volleyed into the goal in one motion.

Merforga

HeCtic said:
They were brilliant.

Absolutely amazing football match, the best I've seen for many seasons in England!!

It takes some character to come back from copping 3 pie in the sky goals like that, and we mowed Boro down amazingly. Sends out a scary message that 3 goals won't be enough to save you against us this season. Middlesbrough will do well this season, challengers for Newcastle's 5th place.

Reyes, what a player!!!
Yeh thing is they usually only get their act together after they're down a couple of goals. It really should have been 5-1. ><.

^___^
HSC
Newcastle offically bidded 20million pounds for wayne rooney..

so i guess thats their "surprise" transfer aye

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
I thought Newcastle didnt have any money for transfers. Same as Everton, yet i heard they were planning to make a few last minute transfers to bolster their squad.

^___^
HSC
Newcastle got money cos they sold woody for like 13mil..so they can afford to get an extra few million from their pockets if they need to

as for everton, apparently theres gonna be another russian planning to chuck in 20mil into the toffees...so yea..if it really happens, they might have got a few million to spend too

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
everton is rejecting them though... id have thought strikers is not the area where newcastle is lacking .... but i guess they are looking for some1 to fill shearers shoes ....

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think the problem might be that Kluivert is unhappy at not starting again, hope he wises up and cop it on the chin. It'd be a shame to see him have to leave another club because of his big headedness.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Merforga said:
Yeh thing is they usually only get their act together after they're down a couple of goals. It really should have been 5-1. ><.

Where's the fun in that??!!! ;)

This type of unpredictability is what makes me love watching football every week.

Don't worry about it though it was a one of a kind game, so many momentum changes and emotional highs and lows, what's more all 8 goals were quite pleasing on the eye too.

Once Sol and Paddy come back we'll be sorted as far as the spine of our team is concerned. I'm counting down every game now. It's gonna be an awesome season for us :D

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
... said:
As for everton, apparently theres gonna be another russian planning to chuck in 20mil into the toffees...so yea..if it really happens, they might have got a few million to spend too
whats with russians and blue ...?

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
jim_green said:
I think the problem might be that Kluivert is unhappy at not starting again, hope he wises up and cop it on the chin. It'd be a shame to see him have to leave another club because of his big headedness.
lol ... hes getting quite used to sitting on the bench :p

Merforga

HeCtic said:
Where's the fun in that??!!! ;)

This type of unpredictability is what makes me love watching football every week.

Don't worry about it though it was a one of a kind game, so many momentum changes and emotional highs and lows, what's more all 8 goals were quite pleasing on the eye too.

Once Sol and Paddy come back we'll be sorted as far as the spine of our team is concerned. I'm counting down every game now. It's gonna be an awesome season for us :D

Yes it shall. Hopefully we'll break the 42 unbeaten game streak :D.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Well hats off to Arsenal, 43 games unbeaten and done with panache. Now of Rafa just becomes the Spanish Arsene Wenger kopites have been billing him to be, I'll be pretty darn happy :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Champ's League Draw is out

GROUP A

Deportivo
Liverpool
Monaco
Olympiakos

GROUP B

Real Madrid
AS Roma
Bayer Leverkusen
Dynamo Kiev

GROUP C

Bayern Munich
Juventus
Ajax
Maccabi Tel-Aviv

GROUP D

Manchester United
Lyon
Sparta Prague
Fenerbahce

GROUP E

Arsenal
Panathinaikos
PSV Eindhoven
Rosenborg

GROUP F

Barcelona
AC Milan
Celtic
Shakhtar Donetsk

GROUP G

Valencia
Inter Milan
Anderlecht
Werder Bremen

GROUP H

FC Porto
Chelsea
Paris St. Germain
CSKA Moscow

Man Arsenal and Man U have it easy this time. Liverpool have a pretty tough group, but i think we'll sneak in as well.

Interesting games- Celtic vs Barca- Celtic's favourite son returns in a Barca shirt, interesting to see the welcome they give him

Barca vs Milan- Should be the most entertaining group match.. *drooool* at Kaka vs Ronaldinho

Chelsea vs Porto- Same sorta thing, except more players + a manager. I hear Porto's still playing the same style as they did when Mourinho was top dog, if that's the case, and Chelsea keeps up the style they've played so far this year, it should be a borefest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)