Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Barca v Milan should be a mad game as you said. Though i believe Milan will get through it easily unless Ronaldhino can somehow beat the whole Milan team single handedly. And I still believe AC Milan to win europe this year, with Arsenal and Real their nearest rivals.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
reno2004 said:
Barca v Milan should be a mad game as you said. Though i believe Milan will get through it easily unless Ronaldhino can somehow beat the whole Milan team single handedly. And I still believe AC Milan to win europe this year, with Arsenal and Real their nearest rivals.
I highly doubt Ronaldinho will need to beat the whole Milan team all by himself. Barca is bursting at the seams with creative talent, so much so they have to loan out Saviola for a year...well that's just because they exceeded their quota of non-Euro players, but it's still a damn impressive team. I'm tipping them each to win at home.

Point to ponder.. why was Panathinaikos in pot B (2nd team in each group)? Have they actually advanced to the quarters recently or is UEFA just being democratic?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
According to Joan Laporta Monaco will probably get him :S bad news for Reds chances

T

timbk2

rooney has submitted a transfer request.

i think he'll sign for manu on the weeekend

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Andrés D'Alessandro is a good player

Carlos Tevez has the face of a horses arse

Fabricio Coloccini is a good defender and is returning to Milan

yep, Argentina won the Olympics

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Damn Liverpool fans feeding me rumours about Colocinni going to Liverpool.

Agreed about Tevez too.. short and ugly, makes Maradona look like an adonis.

^___^
HSC
but Tevez is a mad player :p

fuck, utd need to get something going..the team is looking really bad this season, lets hope Quieroz can fiz it up

^___^
HSC
would he?
i mean, smith is on fire atm..i think we lack a top class central midfielder...roy is losing his touch now..so i guess its time fergy look for someone who can dominate the midfield (ie Gerrad!!!)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
midfield is a bit of a worry...but defence is a bit bugged at the moment... the sooner ferdinand and heinze gets back the better... wonder what will happen 2 smiths and saha when van nisteroy returns and fergerson buys rooney....at last forlan is gone lol

^___^
HSC
yea
the back line should look more stable once ferdinand and heinz is back

but i guess o'shea is the new roy keane now...hmm...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Rooney will be a terrible signing for the short term I reckon. Man U already have 3 top notch strikers, and 2 at least are gonna be very unhappy if Rooney's deal gets sealed. Ive heard that maybe Alan Smith will play on the right.. but of that I'm doubtful,s ince Cristiano Ronaldo's in good form there. Can't see Vanhorseface playing on the bench, so what you'd have is Smith and Saha warming the bench most of the time. Actually come to think of it you'll be left with a situation not unsimilar to Madrid's, 4 good strikers, 3 good MFs and a leaky defense :p

^___^
HSC
rooney will be on the bench, ferguson will rest him a lot and protect him..so technically its really 3strikers and rooney is just a backup

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LOL Man U fans have gotta be deluding themselves if they think Silvestre has ever been one of the world's best. He was pretty good for a while, but that was probably just an extended purple patch. Man U would do well to try sign Ayala, who if I heard correctly, is a year from being off contract at Valencia. I think he'd rather come to Liverpool though since Rafa's there

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Silvestre was never good, if anything i reckon he has been the weak link of Man Utd's defence for the last couple of years. Sir Alex really stuffed up in selling Stam. They should have at least tried to sign Nesta or Samuel or Ayala to cover up for Rio. But typical Sir Alex, only thinking about attack.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Pool go down to Bolton 1-0 this morning. I take Kevin Davies out of my fantasy team and the cunt scores a goal. Gah!!!

Manyoo v Everton Fox at 9pm tonight. Very friendly time for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)