Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Come to think of it, Chelsea waz a very charmin team wit a character like Zola. I don't think I can hate em now if hez still there.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Come to think of it, Chelsea waz a very charmin team wit a character like Zola. I don't think I can hate em now if hez still there.
Can't hate Chelsea - they play too beautifully. Just have to watch and enjoy. :)

Constip8edSkunk said:
for all you liverpool fans :
yes some1 actually bothered making a Carragher compilation
theres enough gerrard vids around...this is one of the newer ones
Don’t be such a smart aleck – you all know Carra played his heart and soul for the team and was the most consistant player on the Pool squad! :D

The Gerrard Complication is good. Djibrilliant – name says it all. I have a Cisse complication of his and its my favourite. If anyone wants it – PM me.

slip said:
anythign for long term chelsea fans?
haha – I was wondering what you were going to say when I read his remark.

Frank Farina - can't say I’m too surprised. The timing isn't great but I highly doubt Australia would have qualified for the WC under him later this year and so what’s the difference now? If they don't qualify it's not like having Frank as a coach for a few more months would have changed anything.
I’m getting annoyed at people who say he tried his best with what he had and that he never had any great players to work with – I think that’s a stupid thing to say. He might have tried his best but unfortunately that wasn't good enough. Also Australia has talent in its side - Farina just never worked with it.
Then there is his treatment of Harry Kewell and such – its obvious Kewell was (still is) suffering from an injury and yet when Kewell stated that was why he couldn’t come play – Farina spoke out against him and claimed his loyalty didn’t lie with the country.
Maybe I’m being a tad too harsh but he was coach for 6 yrs and still couldn’t figure out where to position his players and such at times.

Last edited:
T

timbk2

ZENDEN TO SIGN ON MONDAY

Liverpool have confirmed that Zenden has passed a medical at Anfield and will sign his contract with the Reds on Monday morning.

Zenden's contract at the Riverside Stadium expired at the end of June and the Dutch international has jumped at the opportunity to link up with Rafael Benitez's European champions on a free transfer.

The 28 year old will sign his contract in time to be eligible for the start of Liverpool's Champions League qualification campaign on July 13.

Liverpool spokesman Ian Cotton said: "Bolo Zenden has passed his medical. We have reached an agreement with the player and expect the contract to be signed on Monday morning.

"He will then be introduced at a press conference later that afternoon."

Crazy Horse

HSC
DIAO EXIT PAVES WAY FOR ZENDEN
SKY Sports 30 June 2005

Salif Diao appears to be on his way out of Liverpool with manager Rafael Benitez understood to be close to a deal for Boudewijn Zenden.

Midfielder Diao found himself surplus to requirements at Anfield last season, joining Birmingham on loan in the January transfer window, only for injuries to blight his time at St Andrews.

But the £5million signing from Sedan three years ago is apparently attracting interest from a number of clubs, with the time right for a move if Benitez completes his expected swoop for Zenden.

The Holland international becomes a free agent at midnight tonight when his contract with Middlesbrough expires and, despite manager Steve McClaren's concerted efforts to get the 28-year-old to remain at the Riverside, a switch to the Reds is now on the cards.

That would push Diao further down the midfield pecking order, with agent Charles Collymore conceding on skysports.com: "I am currently looking at options for Salif and there are clubs from Spain and England looking at him.

"Salif has two years left on his contract, but I believe if he was to receive a good offer he would consider it.

"Salif is keen to be playing first-team football regularly and we will look at the options with the transfer window open for two months."

Great news - Diao exiting!!! :D I can't believe we're finally getting rid of him and getting money for it...........Always thought the only way he was going to leave was if we paid someone to take him!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
GERRARD FUTURE IN DOUBT - REPORT

Steven Gerrard's Liverpool contract talks have reportedly hit crisis point with the Anfield skipper "very tempted" to join Real Madrid.

Champions League glory against AC Milan just over a month ago seemed to have persuaded Gerrard that his long-term future lay on Merseyside.

But now according to The Sun he is disappointed the club did not agree new terms straight after the Istanbul triumph.

Kop bosses held another round of talks on Friday, but according to the tabloid they hit their lowest point yet.

Club officials now fear Gerrard could now see his future in Spain with Real, who are believed to be prepared to offer a staggering pay packet of £150,000 per week.

The Bernabeu outfit have offered £20million plus Argentine central defender Walter Samuel in a bid to make Liverpool part with their most prized asset.

But boss Rafa Benitez slammed that deal as "unacceptable".

Real have also said Luis Figo can join Liverpool on a free transfer if he can agree terms with the Anfield club.

Great newz...! Gerrard exittin....! :D

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
GERRARD FUTURE IN DOUBT - REPORT

Steven Gerrard's Liverpool contract talks have reportedly hit crisis point with the Anfield skipper "very tempted" to join Real Madrid.

Champions League glory against AC Milan just over a month ago seemed to have persuaded Gerrard that his long-term future lay on Merseyside.

But now according to The Sun he is disappointed the club did not agree new terms straight after the Istanbul triumph.

Kop bosses held another round of talks on Friday, but according to the tabloid they hit their lowest point yet.

Club officials now fear Gerrard could now see his future in Spain with Real, who are believed to be prepared to offer a staggering pay packet of £150,000 per week.

The Bernabeu outfit have offered £20million plus Argentine central defender Walter Samuel in a bid to make Liverpool part with their most prized asset.

But boss Rafa Benitez slammed that deal as "unacceptable".

Real have also said Luis Figo can join Liverpool on a free transfer if he can agree terms with the Anfield club.

Great newz...! Gerrard exittin....! :D
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LMF^^ again. :D

Nah - its sounds like Rubbish especially coming from The Sun. Anyways we'll see what happens in the next couple of days...

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
we don't need him..we're gettin Michael Essien if what he's been saying about wanting to play for united is true

matt#1

HSC
N/A
A2RAYA said:
we don't need him..we're gettin Michael Essien if what he's been saying about wanting to play for united is true
I think that what Essien has been saying about Utd is true. Our only problem in luring Essien will be trying make a better offer than Chelsk's sugar daddy.

A2RAYA

HSC
Ahh yeh but, according to Mr glazer, we can because he promised us an open cheque book so that we can buy all the players we need. I dunno if he's saying that just so the fans that want him dead (me being one of em) will leave him alone or whether he really means it. If he does then we can challenge chelski for big money signings anytime

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well Lyon said the 26mil offer from Chelsea for Essien ain't enough, and I don't think anyone will be willin to pay any mo than that price fo him.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Well Lyon said the 26mil offer from Chelsea for Essien ain't enough, and I don't think anyone will be willin to pay any mo than that price fo him.
surely Essien is not worth more than $26mill??

A2RAYA

HSC
i dunno..we've spent alot of money on good players before- van nistelrooy, rooney, ferdinand and ronaldo-if they think he's worth 26 mil+, then i'm sure they'll fork it out because when you got money to spend, u spend it. i'm sure if united want him as badly as they do, and he tells lyon he wants out, then a deal will be hit..anyway i'm off to bed..got a game tomorow morning..in the freezing cold weather :D

^___^
HSC
if man utd has 26 mil
ferguson knows he needs a proven player as a replacement for roy keane now..not fucken essien

A2RAYA

HSC
and how many players are there available that are a "keane" style player and of keane's quality out there?? Let's see..we got vieira, ballack, makalele, pirlo gerrard and maybe xavi...not many options.. and somehow i doubt anyone of those will be allowed to leave by their clubs..essien is a hard ass defensive and attacking player..similar to gerrard...AND he's the only one that's got any hope of being allowed to leave by his club if an offer comes around

^___^
HSC
ballack wants to leave bayern and play abroad..and bayern are pretty tight in cash, i say he is a good buy before chelsea comes in and snaps him up

and then you have guttaso who said he wanted to come to utd one day, other than that you can lure barca for xavi around for 15 - 20million cos barca are in debt and they can replace him with motta or anesita...

A2RAYA

HSC
... said:
ballack wants to leave bayern and play abroad..and bayern are pretty tight in cash, i say he is a good buy before chelsea comes in and snaps him up

and then you have guttaso who said he wanted to come to utd one day, other than that you can lure barca for xavi around for 15 - 20million cos barca are in debt and they can replace him with motta or anesita...
i'd love to see ballack at united and he's a real possibilty but gattuso i doubt would leave just yet and there's noway barca would let xavi leave...if i were rijkaard i wouldn't let him go for any money...he's too important to the team and they'd be more likely to sell motta and INIESTA before they sold him....by the way iniesta's a winger, not a holding/defensive mid :p

kelbel88

HSC
soccor is for poofs ,go play rugby league then i might think about your chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)