Soundwave Festival 2010 (1 Viewer)

VicerExciser

HSC
how did rolo tomassi get on the bill anyway? even for a grind band they're fairly obscure.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
once again...badly organised...

it took around 2 and half hours to get out the car park...cars were literally not moving and there was around 3 people directing traffic:mad:

Grissom

HSC
Faith no More were pure fucking class.

Again, terrible organisation.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Absolutely awful venue.
No shade. Almost died.

Almost ruined what was otherwise a good day

johony

HSC
saw sunny day real estate tonight, yes jimmy eat world was the main act but i couldn't give a flying fuck about them. short set, but was proabably better than passing out in the sun on sunday.

sombespice

HSC
What a fucking nightmare. Went in at 11am, left by 1:30pm delirious with heat exhaustion. The website said there would be free water; $6 a bottle at the actual venue! There was inadequate shade on such a scolding hot day with only three tiny marquee things for the thousands of people that arrived. Most of the toilets were in the drinking sections, so basically you couldn't pee unless you were over 18. Fucking worst festival ever.

HSC
the sydney festival sounds fucking shit there were none of those problems at brisbane iirc.. tons of shady places to chill under trees and stuff if you want, decent bathroom queues, free water

the actual bands were awesome .. afi, paramore, alexisonfire, the get up kids (except for all the little cunts in fluro a day to remember shirts and sideways hats screaming for all time low to come on), sunny day real estate, taking back sunday, adtr, basically front row centre for jimmy eat world. plus meeting jimmy eat world at the hotel before we even left for the festival fucking ruled. i pretty much had the best day ever :eek:

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
What a fucking nightmare. Went in at 11am, left by 1:30pm delirious with heat exhaustion. The website said there would be free water; $6 a bottle at the actual venue! There was inadequate shade on such a scolding hot day with only three tiny marquee things for the thousands of people that arrived. Most of the toilets were in the drinking sections, so basically you couldn't pee unless you were over 18. Fucking worst festival ever.
there was tap water...it was $3 per bottle but i do agree with the toilets...at both entrances unless u wanted to line up and go in the bar sections...

Grissom

HSC
There should be free water stations like those at any other half competently organised music festival not tap water at $3 a pop which ran out by 3 o'clock. What a fucking disgrace.

HSC
yeah i agree with this, plus the toilets had run out of paper by the time i got there which was like 1pm. and they hosed people down at the front of the mosh, but only while the bands were playing - i was roasting waiting for paramore to come on. i wish they chose a venue with more shade and places to sit down. so many places ran out of water too, at big day out they were smart enough to order pallets which actually lasted the whole day.

also, what was the point of the wristbands? i didnt line up for one and still got into the bar using my id.

so yeah, the bands were great but the organisation was terrible.

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
There was free water at various stations, but the venue has dirt everywhere so those areas quickly turned into mud pits, and had lines. At one place i was sinking up to my ankles waiting for water.

I had a bottle of water in each back pocket at all times. Refilled every 2 hours or so, every time i refiled i also filled my hat with water and put it on.

Plenty of sunblock, still got burnt. No shade anywhere, all i could so is sit there and feel my skin burn.

Some of the bands put on a really good show. Alexisonfire my god, so much energy, really good. Same thing for Gallows, never seen them before but they were pretty crazy.

Placebo were excellent just like everyone said t hey would be,

Trivium was much better then i expected, some people said t hey were shitty live and that Heafy couldnt sing properly under pressure...well i guess they have worked on that because i saw no problems at all, they really got the crowd going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)