Sportsgirl - yay or nay? (1 Viewer)

SPORTSGIRL; YAY OR NAY?

• Total voters

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
So what do you girls think of Sportsgirl? a couple of yrs ago i used to absolutely love their stuff and dressed head to toe in it, but i think their range is getting really stagnant lately. it can be a little over the top too, but i dont really mind dressing over the top.

i dunno, i still love the accessories but their designers/buyers seem stuck in a Sienna-Miller-wannabe rut. half the stuff they sell only looks good vintage - who the fuck wants squeaky clean cowboy boots.?

i dunno, i think most of whta theyve got at the moment could be found in cooler forms at vinnies

thoughts??/

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
And it had gotten a bit too expensive for me. So instead of buying stuff myself, I guilt my mum into buying stuff for me.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i got a pair of shoes from sportsgirl the other week.
i love some of their clothes, but most of it is too expensive for me.
but i get the majority of my earrings from there.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I used to adore their clothes but a year or so ago I really got over them although I do love their accessories still :)

pig_93

HSC
ahhh its my fav shop
its the best everything

clothes...shoes...accessories...even the make up is good

yes SOME OF IT is overpriced...but just think, when u want to invest in a good pair of say, nice brown pants, 80 bucks is okay when they last u for ages...

they're just so nice though and its the best, esp when u have a job and thus money!!!

ps does anyone know what staff discount they get...maybe ill work there... ha

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
probably between 40 - 50%

but you dont get thediscount til 3 months.. i couldve worked at pitt st sportsgirl and then paddington... and declined.. ive heard its a really bitchy horrible place to work and that the customers are cunts

Last edited:

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Yeah, unless I see something I really, really like, I only ever buy when it's on sale.

But at the moment I am a bit over the whole boho thing.

Time to move on....

Skeeta

HSC
Its ok, not a massive fan.. if im shopping i'll usualy go in and have a look but its not like im always dying to buy everything in there like i am in some shops

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
The jewlery is great... almost all of my earings are from there (and i manage to lose one of each of them somehow) But the clothes are way too expensive. I shop on a tight budget. If I have to pay more than $50 for a pair of pants I'm not interested

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah i'm not a big fan in general anymore, is it just me or did they used to have more of a range of whatever the seasons trends were? because it seems that now that they pick one (ie boho) and whore it out endlessly.

also it may just be me in my 'i now pay for more of my own clothes' mindset, but did they used to be significantly less expensive?

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
they did used to be less expensive, and they used to have more variety as well. the reason it feels like theyre stuck in one thing is partially cos they do all their season buying like a year in advance, and then dont get any new stuff over the season.. whereas most other big fashion chains, dont buy all in one go and also release stuff in dribs and drabs.. at supre we'd get something new literally every day, same at general pants as well.

it must be boring as fuck working there, looking at the same shit for three months

Danoz The Great

HSC
Nay. It's way too expensive. There was this crappy little sliky top, for $60 I saw once. The jewellery used to be good, but now it's shit.

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
i've seen one there, i think it was in civic?
yep, bottom floor, on the left, just before you walk out of civic into that big open paved area thing.

sportsgirl has some nice stuff, love the earrings! they aren't too expensive, but some of the clothes are just ridiculously priced for what you get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)