Spring 2007 Exam Results (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LaraB

dude01 said:
Contact the unit coordinator first to discuss your mark. I was successful in making an appeal of grade last semester and both the unit coordinator and head of program were pretty useless (this was for a business subject) - they couldn't/wouldn't even tell me why I failed and just told me to lodge a review of grade. Turns out it was a clerical error all along... pretty stupid that they couldnt just check it themsleves and fix it up.

I've had john for contracts and he's a good guy, so hopefully he'll help you out.

lara and jennifer; your marks are awesome. I got 1 P, 2 C's and 1 D. I always get passes or credits for law subjects!!! The exams always stuff me up... any tips u might wana share for law exams? My GPA is getting lower every semester...lol
As far as the stuff re: appealing and everything - i can see why they're hesitant to say anything since there are formal procedures in place... at least if your appeal succeeds though you get refunded the application fee :) so apart from inconvenience and frustration you lose pretty nothing which is good :)

As far as law exams - i dunno... i guess, as long as you do the work most weeks ( i won't say every week because i dont, i don't even read all the readings before exams whoops :p) and turn up and pay attention and take notes in class, you should be fine. If you at least attempt in bullet point form seminar questions it really helps cause it highlights the relevant law which makes your exam notes more to the point and it helps ensure that you know what the important principles and rules are.

You need to make sure if its an open book exam that you don't "rely" on your notes when possible, and also that your notes are ordered well and succinct - eg flow chart style so you move from one logical legal argument to another.

Doing practice questions may be helpful - i personally don't as i always end up behind before exams so i personally find it more valuable to spend time organising and reading notes instead - but some peopl efind that really helpful, particularly if you can get a teacher or a friend to look over it who did well in a unit previously.

Above all - don't rely on bought or borrowed notes from oteh rpeople - it's likely to impinge on your ability to understand the concepts as you may start to memorise and regurgitate rather than understand the principles behind certain laws and outcomes.

That and people lie about their marks all the time so you may think you're getting HD quality stuff but really you're getting P or C quality stuff.

In exams - use sub headings as much as possbile if its a problem question - makes it easier for teh marker and helps you make sure you cover all the areas of the question.

Don't reiterate the facts unless its necessary to do so, likewise don't regurgitate the law, apply it - sounds silly i know but it often feels like you're applying the law but to a marker you're just stating a principle and tacking on the question behind it :p

Some teachers have "model answers" so you can always ask for those too :)

That's all i can think of - it's pretty generic stuff, but i have no idea what you lose marks on, as neither do you since they never like showing us our exam papers :p but hope its helpful :)

= Jennifer =

HSC
dude01 said:
lara and jennifer; your marks are awesome. I got 1 P, 2 C's and 1 D. I always get passes or credits for law subjects!!! The exams always stuff me up... any tips u might wana share for law exams? My GPA is getting lower every semester...lol
Dont worry I was in the same boat as you for the first 2 years of my law degree. Taking into account lara's information, I used to write about every single bit of theory in law and my notes were huge and took me ages to go through it all in exams and hence I never finished the best thing i can suggest is write the case name-year-court-the principle only and any key quotes and maybe like 2 dot points on facts as a little reminder what the case was about nothing else.

Try to bind it all and maybe bring your textbook in as a security blanket but you wont use it just to have it there if something so unexpected pops up :)

GTR

HSC
I have a feeling the trick won't work this year, since UWS are releasing the results on Platform Web a day before MySR. If I remember correctly, it was the other way around last year, with the results being released on MySR before Platform Web.

GTR

HSC
Not yet, mate. Have you tried yourself?

Lara1986

HSC
I tried it today but, if it does work this semester, it isn't working yet.

One of my lecturers works in the same building as I do and he mentioned that his marks were 'approved' yesterday or Friday, can't remember which he said, so i would give it a day or two to try again since it seems to take a while to get uploaded onto the system.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
The Examinations, Assessments and Progressions Committee met today to review and examine all marks. College and schools would have had to review their own marks last week or earlier.

All marks are released on the 15th of July, unless you have a deffered exam, special consideration, etc.

Lara1986

HSC
Wooz said:
The Examinations, Assessments and Progressions Committee met today to review and examine all marks. College and schools would have had to review their own marks last week or earlier.

All marks are released on the 15th of July, unless you have a deffered exam, special consideration, etc.
» Autumn Session results will be available on
- PlatformWeb after 9am on Monday 14 July
- MySR after 9am Tuesday 15 July

They're actually released a day earlier than you thought :) They're pretty well always released on the monday and as occurred last semester, its one day on one system and the following day on the other.

GTR

HSC
Wooz said:

Today as in 08/07/2008? I can't wait for the marks to come out!

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
wat the? watya mean the marks are coming out today? I tried the trick earlier it didnt work

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
thought as much, i have a feeling the trick wont work this time, anyone know exactly when the tricked work last time, because i all i know is it worked exactly 1 week b4 result release, this is from wat i heard, i actually cheked the day before results release and it worked last semester, and so far it hasn't worked yet?

GTR

HSC
I share the same sentiment, since last year, they released results on MySR before Platform Web. This year, they are doing it the other way around, with results being released on Platform Web the day before they are due for release on MySR. Hopefully, they upload the results on MySR within the week so we can have them early.

boris2003

HSC
Hey, can I ask do they scale all the exams, especially in the first year or not.
The only one I am worried is perhaps easiest one, but I stuffed up the final exam (and if you do that you fail the unit)

Raw marks:
Accounting Information for Managers: 44.2/55 (on borderline Credit/Distinction if its not scaled up, my estimate 28.5-31 out of 45)

Principles of Economics: 25/40 (Pass/Credit again depends on the scaling - pretty sure that I got at least 35/60)

Management Dynamics: 47/60 (pretty sure I got around 65% or so without scaling)

BAS: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (the one I am worried about, wrote like 150 words less than i was suppose to (500) and didn't mention which q i was doing it was like a, b, c, d, etc, i just wrote q 1(but it was qa)

Can I actually ask an advice from one of you who are experienced with essays, etc.
The question was something along the line: UWS commonly seeks these soft skills from their students:
logical reasoning, communication, ethical behaviour, awareness and ability to emphatise,etc
The actual question was: Argue which of those skills will be usefull in your chosen degree career. I wrote about accounting, etc (but did even mention uws in the essay) I just started it off like Accoutning is a profession that besides requiring competence in tehnical skills, also needs soft skills such as.... I wrote about communication and ethics (referred to enron- stuffed up the references badly).
Anyways, will I be penalised for not including UWS in the essay.
This course is marked as either Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (50% to pass). It is probably the worst essay I have ever done. In my MNG DNM unit i did 3 essays, 70, 80 and 86 were my marks. Problem is i started like 40min after the reading time, was wondering which q to do:hammer: :rolleyes:

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
hey guys, i dont know if any of you have a similar case to wat i recently discovered, i signed on mysr and used the trick thing, nothing was found, but i cliked on the link at the bottom results history for course, and it came up wif all my subs done in autumn semester 2008, however marked with no grades, i thought my marks were going to pop up but it was empty :( so much for the excitement...

Does this normally happen? coz its the first time i found out about this, kinda strange to me haha

GTR

HSC
That's a great sign, Skyline! It doesn't usually do this, so it might indicate that UWS is in the process of uploading the results!

tubtub

HSC
the trick isnt working. but what about re enrolling in the subjects? if it doesnt add on, then you have passed it?

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
hey GTR i just double cheked it, i signed in normally to mysr, and when i clik into results history, it does come with the same thing, i think its normal to happen, after i cheked my email and got a notice about results coming out 14th july, i sign into platform web, wen i clik results, i cant view nothing, not even my older results, i think the idiots at uws found out our little trick, i think you need some sort of link to actulli gain acess to it on platform web, seeing its been closed, im not sure though, not much of a computer genius either to figure it out, maybe someone might discover it for us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)