• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State of Origin Thread (1 Viewer)

who is going to win the state of orgin??

• blues

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • marrons

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Brilliant by the blues. But Menzies deserves a wrap, he had to change his game a bit and played well. Mat King and Cooper were Amazin. The whole team was pretty impresive, But how Greedy is Gasnier? If you watch the replay he wasnt lookin for support, and it was lucky that Slater tackled him low and he got to offload. Gasnier wanted to score that himself and if Slater took him high it would of been no try. Now just drop Ryles for O'Meley and we should be set! (ohh and somebody get Bailey fired up, he was a little off in his hit ups tonight.)

Go the Blues!

*mel*

bazookajoe said:
Minichiello did fuck all. His second try was given to him, all he had to do was fall over.
I'm still unforgiving of him when he tackled Sing without the ball last year stopping a certain try.
ohh maybe it's time you forgive and forget. I'd hardly call two tries "fuck all", whether or whether not they were given to him. He might not have been one of the standout players but i'm just happy he scored 2 tries.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Who did get man of the match in the end? Shoulda gone to King, but I'm assuming that the obvious bias of Channel Nine gave it to Johns.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Minichiello did fuck all. His second try was given to him, all he had to do was fall over.
I'm still unforgiving of him when he tackled Sing without the ball last year stopping a certain try.
I agree with both of those statments. Mini is a hog. Hes good, but hes a hog. Id like to see Peachey there..... but that would be unrealistic, so maybe Hornby or Hodgson for SOO 3?

Random_87

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Who did get man of the match in the end? Shoulda gone to King, but I'm assuming that the obvious bias of Channel Nine gave it to Johns.
it went to Johns

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Johns looked flashy at timez in the first half, but he ain't that magical.
And then an hour later....
LMF^^ said:
Johnz played brilliant in the second half, he really iz an amazin player.
Good job you corrected yourself, matey :)

The Blues showed tonight that just by playing well for 50 minutes, they can win the match.

An 80 minute effort up at Suncorp, and SOO is as good as ours.

Johns showed the rugby league world something special tonight. However, for those reading the thread about the Knights, I still say that they should let him go for long-run benefit.

Bailey and Ryles were excellent tonight (even though Bails dropped the ball a couple of minutes after he came on). They, along with Simpson, provided the dominating forward platform that was needed for victory in this match. BK was awesome despite pushing a few too many passes (especially in the ten minute period before half time when NSW decided to chase the lead). Hindmarsh was solid, Fitzgibbon average (not what I've come to expect from Fitzy at Origin level).

Anasta played as a second rower, which worked for the most part, but came unstuck when we needed to get the ball out wide.

King was superb in the first twenty, keeping us in the game and then in the lead. Gaz and Coops were brilliant, and Menzies did a perfect job covering for Rooney's injury and the positional changes associated with that, capping it off with a strong try.

Minichiello, although he scored two tries, was probably a little off his game this evening. However, his "game" is at a standard so far above pretty much every fullback in the world, so I can accept this.

Craig Wing was solid, and Andrew Ryan provided able assistance up front. Buderus looked lazy at periods during the first half, but his performance was much improved on SOOI.

Overall, a much better performance at The Colloseum, as Rabs eloquently put it. Ten from ten at Telstra, and now the daunting task of a decider at Suncorp.

GO THE BLUES!!!

*mel*

bazookajoe said:
yep... johns

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Miniz good in both defense and attack, he won't be replaced unless he misusez hiz mobile phone again.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
andrew johns was good in the 1st half but bloody brilliant in the second. i thought he'd do alright but didnt think he'd dominate this much. anasta and wing was good playing second fiddle at 5/8, the former also had a few good runs as a backrower. menzies was dangerous every time he touched the ball. king played his heart out...the forward pack turned up this time - of course possession helped - really cant fault any player tonight, besides that really messy panicky period before half time. i think with webb injured early qld really missed steven price, though brad thorne worked his arse off all night

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Typical Channel Nine.
For the losing side, Bowman was incredible. Around fourty tackles and over eighty metres gained.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
And do all of yourselves a favour and listen in to Roy and HG on Triple J if they're calling the game again. So much better than Vautin and crew.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
And do all of yourselves a favour and listen in to Roy and HG on Triple J if they're calling the game again. So much better than Vautin and crew.
I only listen to Ray Warren.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Typical Channel Nine.
For the losing side, Bowman was incredible. Around fourty tackles and over eighty metres gained.
yeah he was very good tonight. So to Thurston and Lockyer. Lockyer more so first half and patches in the second, but no matter what the mans a threat.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Random_87 said:
You seem to know what your talkin about DRAGONZ..... Rep points for you!
Haha thanks buddy. Dragons will still beat the Sharks in Round 20, though :p

bazookajoe said:
Typical Channel Nine.
It's long been a Channel 9 tradition that the MOTM has to go to someone from the winning side.

Despite Bowman being excellent in defence (Gasnier's step, although affected by his injury, was thwarted every time), Joey's orchestration of the NSW side was directly responsible for the victory. His ability to raise the bar by so much in the second half (when it was feared he would get exhausted due to only nine games in two years) showcased how badly he wanted to win tonight.

Total wins for Andrew Johns and Danny Buderus in 10 months = 1

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
And then an hour later....

Good job you corrected yourself, matey :)

The Blues showed tonight that just by playing well for 50 minutes, they can win the match.

An 80 minute effort up at Suncorp, and SOO is as good as ours.

Johns showed the rugby league world something special tonight. However, for those reading the thread about the Knights, I still say that they should let him go for long-run benefit.

Bailey and Ryles were excellent tonight (even though Bails dropped the ball a couple of minutes after he came on). They, along with Simpson, provided the dominating forward platform that was needed for victory in this match. BK was awesome despite pushing a few too many passes (especially in the ten minute period before half time when NSW decided to chase the lead). Hindmarsh was solid, Fitzgibbon average (not what I've come to expect from Fitzy at Origin level).

Anasta played as a second rower, which worked for the most part, but came unstuck when we needed to get the ball out wide.

King was superb in the first twenty, keeping us in the game and then in the lead. Gaz and Coops were brilliant, and Menzies did a perfect job covering for Rooney's injury and the positional changes associated with that, capping it off with a strong try.

Minichiello, although he scored two tries, was probably a little off his game this evening. However, his "game" is at a standard so far above pretty much every fullback in the world, so I can accept this.

Craig Wing was solid, and Andrew Ryan provided able assistance up front. Buderus looked lazy at periods during the first half, but his performance was much improved on SOOI.

Overall, a much better performance at The Colloseum, as Rabs eloquently put it. Ten from ten at Telstra, and now the daunting task of a decider at Suncorp.

GO THE BLUES!!!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DRAGONZ again.

completely agree.

whats with all the anti-minichello sentiment, he wasnt at his best tonight but how can you honestly say you'd have hodgeson,peachy, or hornby at fullback in origin 3?

edit: the last sentence was directed at random and bazooka

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)