• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State Rankers! (5 Viewers)

fakermaker

HSC
Man im not talking 1st for three subjects, of course would be nice, but maybe top 10 for three subjects. A girl from year 12 last year at my school got three state rankings, I want to equal that. Yess I will keep an eagle eye on the whole state >:)

And aerath the girl with three state rankings was on BoS a lot of the time, it's a helpful site with many resources.

Hey, completely unrelated...but in regards to your signature...why do you have 2012 and 2013 HSC subject?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think there are a few potential people here, but definitely Spi for maths!

I would be happy to get top 1000 in a subject :/

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
I'm aiming for Business Studies, but IIRC, so is half the state.

minimax_AI

HSC
Serious question - is there any tangible benefit of getting a state rank?

I'll be happy iwth a 99+ so I can get into whatever I want to get into. Everything else is like measuring dicks hahaha

Gigacube

HSC

I'll be happy iwth a 99+ so I can get into whatever I want to get into. Everything else is like measuring dicks hahaha
Probably not many benefits. A certificate and bragging rights I guess.

interesting

HSC
N/A

i think you get recommended to various people

Zeroes

HSC
Not gonna lie, part of me is aiming for a rank in chem...

Don't quote me on this, it'll be embarrassing when I don't get it. xD

mirakon

nigga
HSC
And why exactly is spiralflex going to get a state rank for maths? Getting a state rank for maths isn't even about how smart you are - by the end of the year everyone is just as smart as each other, it's about not making the silly mistakes in questions 1-5
no

1. There are some students who are naturally gifted at maths who will remain ahead throughout i.e. most of the people with state ranks. Similarly there are those who struggle no matter how much work they do.

2. True, this is important, but what truly divides the competition is Q7 and Q8 because people who do well in these questions will be ahead of the majority of students who barely attempt them.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
And why exactly is spiralflex going to get a state rank for maths? Getting a state rank for maths isn't even about how smart you are - by the end of the year everyone is just as smart as each other, it's about not making the silly mistakes in questions 1-5
Not at all. I made no silly mistakes from questions 1-5 in the HSC. The marks I lost there, I just didn't know. But getting the ret of the questions in the HSC is more about brains and intelligence, rather than hard work. To be honest, 4U Maths is probably the only subject in the HSC where there is any consideration given to 'brains' rather than just hard-work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)