• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State Rankers! (2 Viewers)

HSC
Uni Grad
But like, really random schools aswell such as "Kinross Wolaroi School"...
My sister used to go there. She went there just for Kindergarten then my family moved and my two older sisters and I, all went to the current school I go to.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
And why exactly is spiralflex going to get a state rank for maths? Getting a state rank for maths isn't even about how smart you are - by the end of the year everyone is just as smart as each other, it's about not making the silly mistakes in questions 1-5

Last edited:

Alkanes

HSC
I am jelly of everyone. Spi will get it for sure, he will demolish all the guys from ruse.

ej114

HSC
i'd like it in graphics, 2 unit (highly unlikely). id be happy to get band sixes in all of my subjects. for me its a way to motivate myself to work because i know it would be kind of cool to get state ranks.

are state ranks rare at the schools with 500-600 ranks?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
i'd like it in graphics, 2 unit (highly unlikely). id be happy to get band sixes in all of my subjects. for me its a way to motivate myself to work because i know it would be kind of cool to get state ranks.

are state ranks rare at the schools with 500-600 ranks?
It has been done before. Also I think the people who get state ranks are the ones who do not aim for it.

ej114

HSC
It has been done before. Also I think the people who get state ranks are the ones who do not aim for it.
id imagine so. the physiological side effects that im thinking of fits with that statement eg. studies to do their best and not adding extra pressure on themselves by going I want to top the state in ___________ but then again having the goal of wanting to top the state works in some peoples favour aswell.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I haven't touched my maths book this year. Haha. Why are you challenging me? I have not yet accepted.

Gigacube

HSC
Wow, thinking about state ranks already? I think it's way too early for that. Sure you may have the potential to be a state ranker in one subject but you've also got to make sure you do well in the other subjects.

I'm just focusing on doing my best in the HSC. No aiming for state ranks, no expectations.

Best of luck to those who do want a state rank anyway.

zb123

HSC
hey, just scouting up competition, but what (ppl looking for state rank in bs and eco) did u get in ur shcool raw internal mark for prelims?

hayabusaboston

HSC
This thread makes me uncomfortable...
? Dont worry man I'm not being serious. It is a good thing to have positive reinforcement of your ability, to help you believe you can do something, so it's good people are looking for a state rank, it will boost their self esteem. Make sure you have high goals spiral, it will help you believe in yourself

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't get confused between robots and machines. We are separate entities.
define: robot
1. A machine capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically.
2. (esp. in science fiction) A machine resembling a human being and able to replicate certain human movements and functions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)