"Stephenie Meyers can't write" - Stephen King (1 Viewer)

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
Has anyone else noticed that if he's dead--he can't be producing sperm. Full stop.

:) So what, the female vamps are having periods still?
If you want to get really technical, and this is the fun conversation I always have with my fiancé regarding Buffy and Angel, they shouldn't even be able to get it up; no blood blow. :p

nabzilla

HSC
Stephenie Meyer dreamed up Edward Cullen, a vegetarian vampire who sports a beige jacket and poloneck, while Stephen King gave us Kurt Barlow, the ancient master vampire who wreaks havoc on the town of 'Salem's Lot. The two bestselling authors were never going to see eye to eye over their portrayal of bloodsuckers, but this week King went so far as to rubbish Meyer's writing abilities in an interview.
King compared the Mormon author to JK Rowling, saying that both authors were "speaking directly to young people". "The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good," he told an interviewer from USA Weekend.
King also drew a comparison between Meyer and Perry Mason mystery writer Erle Stanley Gardner. "He was a terrible writer, too, but he was very successful," he said, going on to criticise prolific thriller author James Patterson - "a terrible writer but he's very successful" - and fellow horror author Dean Koontz, who although he "can write like hell", is sometimes "just awful".
:mad::speechless: HOW DARE HE INSULT JAMES PATTERSON! I <3 THE MAXIMUM RIDE BOOKS!!!!!! But then again he's right about Stephanie Meyer. And Stephen King really knows his stuff.

nabzilla

HSC
Has anyone else noticed that if he's dead--he can't be producing sperm. Full stop.

haha i have to agree with you on that one. like how is it possible that the female vamps dont have normal menstruation but the male ones have their organs still working. likw WTF?!:haha:

mioumiou

HSC

:haha:
Great point!! But I heard from somewhere that the "female vampires" can't have babies anymore once they've become a vampire. But the male can still produce sperms.... It's just nonsense!! I would just kick her and tell her go back to her vampire dreams.

rx34

HSC
I really dislike Stephen King books, they are too scary. When I was about 5, my mean sister forced me to watch the movie "IT''. Ever since that day I have been terrified of clowns, I can't stand the sight of clowns. Twilight books on the other hand are nice and romantic. Stephen King shooshhhh and don't insult her!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I really dislike Stephen King books, they are too scary.
That's because he's one of the best horror fiction writers around. And of course IT was scary when you were 5, it's supposed to be.

awaitingtrain

HSC
Stephen King had drug related problems, has been writing for a very long time and has a tendency to write bibles and he STILL craps all over ste-FANNY meyers. I CANNOT stand twilight, it's a success based on a cult fan basis not on any talent WHATSOEVER. :shoot:

mememe11

HSC
lol I have a feeling that Meyers didn't have an editor. honestly for crappy writers with sellable ideas like her, the first thing to do is basically get an editor to cross out and replace half of your words with something more sensible. oh, and add a plot.

:spin:

Bozo275

HSC
I don't think Stephen King should have said that. Sure people don't like (myself include it) but just because he doesn't, or I don't, doesn't mean its a shit book. Everyone knows lots of people like it. That must mean something?

NewiJapper

HSC
Twilight sucks balls. Is a book where a teenage girl gets pregnant to a guy a good role-model? lol

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Sure people don't like (myself include it) but just because he doesn't, or I don't, doesn't mean its a shit book.
It's not that. It's the fact that its a shit book that makes it a shit book.

Everyone knows lots of people like it. That must mean something?
Nope, not really. Look at film. A lot of critically panned movies have mass appeal. That doesn't necessarily make them good.

mioumiou

HSC
i feel sorry about her husband. imagine knowing all the pathetic things his wife fantasized about put into ink.
:rofl: :lol:

Nice one!! I felt the same way too!!
If I'm her husband (if......) I would just die because of her "fantasy".
I think she might always be like "Edward" to her husband.....
Well, that's wish him luck!! :uhhuh:

mioumiou

HSC
but shes loaded now. id just use her for sex, moeny and housework
IMO, she's not that good looking though...... maybe that's why she dreamed about "Edward". I think I've seen one of the interview and she goes.... "I've dreamed about my Edward once, and he told me everything's wrong... it's just not right"

And I was like yelling at the TV "OF COURSE YOU STUPID WOMAN!! EVERYTHING"S NOT RIGHT!!" :lol:

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
The books don't even make sense, HOW CAN A SPARKLING VAMPIRE NOT BE GAY????!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)