steroetyped bcoz of music? (1 Viewer)

ebbjade

HSC
has anyone else ever been stereotyped because of a particular band or genre that you might be interested in.... i was just very shocked when some one just called me a "faggot emo", because it just so happens that i listen to The Used... honestly, i think they have great guitar and their computerised sounds are awesome coz they just know where and when to add new sounds... sure the lyrics are somewhat freaky, but they are very catchy....

who cares if people listen to heavy metal, classical or country, its just rude when you judge people and categorise them...

mishy-mushu

HSC
I agree and not only did that wanker stereotype you because of your music but she also stereotyped emo's as being faggots. That wank needs to wake up to herself and grow up. What a judgmental cock.

Last edited:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I don't think so but I definately see others getting stereotyped... A lot of people roll with it too, they have little/no identity of their own so they use the stereotype of the music they listen to to mark themselves out some semblence of a personality.

ebbjade

HSC
yeh id agree wit you, but for me... i like music because i do, not because it makes me look cool or different or whatever, people shouldnt make a personality out of it, ocz then others are called freaks or whatever

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
U know wat shits me? people who have nfi who just decide to listen to a genre of music just so they can suscribe to a particular identity thinking that its 'cool'. If thats the case then u probably deserve all the stereotyping that comes your way.

johnnyJIM

HSC
electro/house = fluro faggots
emo = depressed/suicidal
gothic = devilish
top 40/rap/ rnb = sluts (bu its true anyway lol)

happii

HSC
johnnyJIM said:
emo = depressed/suicidal
gothic = devilish
eshay. lol.

add
rock = normal
heavy metal = messed up/angry

happii

HSC
johnnyJIM said:
emo = depressed/suicidal
gothic = devilish
eshay. lol.

add
rock = normal
heavy metal = messed up/angry

HSC
I was wearing Exodus' fucking Bonded By Blood shirt, and some cunt called me emo. It was one of the strangest moments in my life. That shirt rules.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
If I tell someone I'm listening to a Japanese band they're immediately like "lol jpop faggot, goddam wapanese"

Legham

HSC
The worst thing is when i get called emo for wearing my ABIGAIL WILLIAMS HOODY! :mad1: Black metal is so not flippin' emo..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)