strictness, relationships (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
christ...those parents who are naive and think its nothing more than holding hands...hello!! what the hell were THEY doing around this age? how did THEY meet? didnt THEY have lovey dovey feelings too? If parents do that to you, you should raise that topic

My parents were pretty strict, but I didnt listen to them, and made my own decisions..and over time they've started to care less, and i think cause I'm a guy as well

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
With me my mum even jokes about me only marrying an asian girl so she can talk to her.
But I'll be fucked if I'm gonna listen to either of my parents when it comes to relationships...I mean, it's a bit sad but my parents don't even seem to love each other or kiss or hug or whatever, it's so asian.

If anything ever happened I'd hide it from my parents and basically tell them, like it or lump it. I'm in the relationship, not you.

I guess as a guy I can say that more forcefully but it must be harder for girls with asian parents.
thats like my parents. i've never seen them hug or even pek each other on the cheek when my dad comes home from work.. like wtf ? what happened there?! the thought of it is depressing because it makes me think that one day i might be like that \=

and making loopholes is always something that we end up doing cause i guess, what they don't know won't hurt them?! they find out... eventually though and have their tantrums. a lot of asian parents [strict ones] tend to find things hard to accept if its that confronting to them.. and yeah its harder for girls with asian parents to say what your saying :(

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
belly_moo said:
thats like my parents. i've never seen them hug or even pek each other on the cheek when my dad comes home from work.. like wtf ? what happened there?! the thought of it is depressing because it makes me think that one day i might be like that....
omfg yeah! i also wonder about my parents and although im not asian i can totally understand that

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
belly_moo said:
thats like my parents. i've never seen them hug or even pek each other on the cheek when my dad comes home from work.. like wtf ? what happened there?! the thought of it is depressing because it makes me think that one day i might be like that \=

and making loopholes is always something that we end up doing cause i guess, what they don't know won't hurt them?! they find out... eventually though and have their tantrums. a lot of asian parents [strict ones] tend to find things hard to accept if its that confronting to them.. and yeah its harder for girls with asian parents to say what your saying :(
I've made a promise to myself never to grow up to be like my parents in their views on life.
That promise also includes never ending up like my parents who don't show any affection to each other.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
RCMasterAA said:
That promise also includes never ending up like my parents who don't show any affection to each other.
my parents are like that too, its heartbreaking because theyre the relationship you grow up with, and they think you dont notice the hostility, but you do.. even if i promise to be othewise, it still hurts.

wtf do they stay together then? cos shes trapped and he's strings are pulled tight. im going to make lots of money to make up for it.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hm, my parents rarely showed affection towards eachother in front of me, as in hugging kissing etc, but they did tease eachother (in the non-sexual sense -___-), and you could see it in their eyes the way they felt about eachother. maybe it's just an asian thing. i think the most vivid memory i have is when i was in yr5, we were at leichhardt market place, it was christmas and my mum was really happy, she was swinging my dad's hand when we were in target. :')

and when my dad and stepmum first got married, i rmeember they used to kiss eachother goodbye and stuff. they still do it, but only occasionally, and sometimes they'll hold hands on the street (when they're not busy with the baby).

anyway, my dad has absolutely no idea about any of my boyfriends... i'm "not allowed" to have one til after uni :p cough. it used to be after high school, but now that it IS after hs, the period's extended :rolleyes: and i don't know when i will actually be prepared to say to him, "dad, i have a boyfriend."

i think deep down he wants me to date chinese guys, but he knows that he can't do anything about it. i honestly think that he'd much prefer me be happy than marry some rich fob who only wants me as a wife so he can "honour his family name" etc etc. my stepmum has no control over my life whatsoever.

/end essay

mack

Banned
HSC
Ive never brought a girlfriend back to my place nor do I tell the parents whenever im going somewhere with a girl. Everytime they have found out ive had to face an annoying interrogation so I just dont tell them anymore. As far they know ive never kissed a girl before. If they only knew the truth......

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
My brothers beat me in relationship stuff. Quite sad since theyre 13 and 15 respectively.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
jeeze louise its always so much easier for a guy within asian cultures too..! and they are not belittled as much for going out with many people as girls are... :vcross:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, my problem is going out with girls :p

1 so far. haha.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
this is sooo funny... my parents dont really know anything about any relationships ive had... i dont want to bring them into it unless its gonna be serious... like everyone else whos asian (in this thread) my parents are ol skool playa haters and stuff....
the end

mack

Banned
HSC
AsyLum said:
My brothers beat me in relationship stuff. Quite sad since theyre 13 and 15 respectively.
Actually im in the same boat. My brother is 14 and has hooked up with 14+ chicks and had sex 5 times, and thats only what i know about. What a little manwhore.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
if i ever find out that my sister has had sex more than me then i will personally rip her boyfriend's balls off

actually, make that if i ever find out that my sister has had sex AT ALL. since she's only 13.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
bubz your scaring me... and yes you have scarred me for life...

i still cant get over the fact that macks bro tells him when he gets rooties....its disturbing!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bubz :D said:
if i ever find out that my sister has had sex more than me then i will personally rip her boyfriend's balls off
With teeth or chainsaw ?

mack said:
Yeah he loves to rub in the fact that he scores more often than i do.
There isnt a smiley invented for that look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)