Stuck on Thesis statement, please help <3 (1 Viewer)

Is this a good thesis?

• no (here's some tips!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

periodmami

HSC
Hey guys
I have an upcoming In-depth novel study exam for 'The story of Tom Brennan'. The book discovers the impact of grief and the importance of acceptance and family.
We are starting to break down how to write the essay, and therefore have been given the overall question:
"How do the particular characteristics of a text establish distinctive qualities and leave a lasting impact on the audience?"

I tried writing my thesis, but I'm very stuck. Here's what I have so far:
J.C Burke's novel, 'The story of Tom Brennan' reflects how grief and acceptance play a poignant role in the development of family relationships. It is through our reflections on the characters development that we can see the lasting impact towards managing issues in emotional health.

I know its a bit dry, but I'm very stuck on this whole essay and would love some help as I am aiming for 95%<.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys
I have an upcoming In-depth novel study exam for 'The story of Tom Brennan'. The book discovers the impact of grief and the importance of acceptance and family.
We are starting to break down how to write the essay, and therefore have been given the overall question:
"How do the particular characteristics of a text establish distinctive qualities and leave a lasting impact on the audience?"

I tried writing my thesis, but I'm very stuck. Here's what I have so far:
J.C Burke's novel, 'The story of Tom Brennan' reflects how grief and acceptance play a poignant role in the development of family relationships. It is through our reflections on the characters development that we can see the lasting impact towards managing issues in emotional health.

I know its a bit dry, but I'm very stuck on this whole essay and would love some help as I am aiming for 95%<.

Thank you!
Oh I remember this text! I did this as well

Is this the one with the kid whose brother is in a car accident which leads to the death and injury of his friends.

periodmami

HSC
Oh I remember this text! I did this as well

Is this the one with the kid whose brother is in a car accident which leads to the death and injury of his friends.
Yes, it is! I did hear that recent years have studied this book for hsc, it is nice to know you did it :)

vinlatte

HSC
I haven't read the text but I'm very intrigued. I like how you connected the themes and its impact on the audience. Also make sure to reference characteristics of the text throughout your essay since the question mentions it. Amazing luck on your essay! ^_^

periodmami

HSC
I haven't read the text but I'm very intrigued. I like how you connected the themes and its impact on the audience. Also make sure to reference characteristics of the text throughout your essay since the question mentions it. Amazing luck on your essay! ^_^
thank you so much!! i’m so grateful for your tips and kind words <3 and i promise i will reference the characteristics hahah. thank u

periodmami

HSC
I finally finished the first paragraph, took a while to do, but very happy w it :) Can any high English students check pls?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)