"Student challenges ruling on her HSC" (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Though it must've been a nagging pain. Not the type of pain where she would've been unable to write at all and in need of a computer to prevent injury to her wrist.

More a challenge of convenience than need.
she probably had cramps that included spontaneous twitching from the bones touching the nerves or whatever.

Direwolf

HSC
I've got the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome and it's not the greatest thing to deal with. The pain is easily put up with but the hand and finger twitches are frustrating. Don't how she would be able to do surgery with it but unless she got it treated or was able to control the shaking. That said, I still think she is just having a whine for the sake of having a whine, I mean, who actually cares if you get 99.95 or 100? Would Make no difference to me.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
And the private schools make a career out of rorting the system - gaining for their students all those unfair advantages (extra time, a scribe etc) by inventing all sorts of excuses(this then is one of the many benefits offered by private schools to justify their $25k/yr fees). In a way this also reflects the mentality of many of the rich & privileged. How to squeeze the system for all it's worth.

Last edited:

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
And the private schools make a career out of rorting the system - gaining for their students all those unfair advantages (extra time, a scribe etc) by inventing all sorts of excuses(this then is one of the many benefits offered by private schools to justify their $25k/yr fees). In a way this also reflects the mentality of many of the rich & privileged. How to squeeze the system for all it's worth.
Is this just based off hearsay?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Well its a slight exaggeration but yes there is rorting in private schools at times

A girl in ourbgrade was allowed to use a computer because she apparently had illegible handwriting (it was nowhere near as bad as she made out) and a lot of students in the subjects she did were complaining she exploited this just because she could type insanely fast and get 20 or so pages done in an hour lol

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Well its a slight exaggeration but yes there is rorting in private schools at times

A girl in ourbgrade was allowed to use a computer because she apparently had illegible handwriting (it was nowhere near as bad as she made out) and a lot of students in the subjects she did were complaining she exploited this just because she could type insanely fast and get 20 or so pages done in an hour lol
BOS very rarely gives out computers for illegible handwriting, a scribe is usually given.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
do you know the procedures that a student must take in order to gain disability provisions/illness & misadventure?

schools do not hand these out/determine who gets these provisions (ultimately bos does afaik) and you need a medical certificate AT LEAST to prove these are legitimate.

the opportunity to apply for illness or disability is available to EVERY student across the state should they need it.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I told you the rich and smart know how to seek out the loopholes and exploit them to the hilt. That's how they stay ahead.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
you're beginning to sound like nothing more than a conspiracy theorist
If you look at the recent statistics on "special consideration" it will become obvious. Of course I am a conspiracy theorist - and for a reason. Because there is the conspiracy out there, however subtle.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Wellcthere is the possibility that private schools have more facilities for disabled students etc. So they have a larger number of people needing special consideration perhaps?

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
Wellcthere is the possibility that private schools have more facilities for disabled students etc. So they have a larger number of people needing special consideration perhaps?
there was a prior article posted that 1/4 disabled students are in private schools.
But private school provisions were a significant majority of applicants+successes

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Rich private schools like Abbotsleigh are definetly over reprsented in the amount of students that get special exam provisions, I see it in paper every year around HSC time.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Rich private schools like Abbotsleigh are definetly over reprsented in the amount of students that get special exam provisions, I see it in paper every year around HSC time.
like I said.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
there was a prior article posted that 1/4 disabled students are in private schools.
But private school provisions were a significant majority of applicants+successes
Wow really? I guess its pretty confirmed then that rorting takes place

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I told you the rich and smart know how to seek out the loopholes and exploit them to the hilt. That's how they stay ahead.
I'm pretty sure you're just jealous of rich people.

Stop dat.

If you look at the recent statistics on "special consideration" it will become obvious. Of course I am a conspiracy theorist - and for a reason. Because there is the conspiracy out there, however subtle.
no there isn't.

Private schools just pay more attention to disadvantaged students (they have a financial obligation to and often have entire departments for disadvantaged students) and hence more of their students know about how to apply and shit.

but the 3/4 that go to public school probably don't get the proper care and provisions they need because of the staff's neglect.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure you're just jealous of rich people.

Stop dat.
You are wrong.

Even by Australian standards I can classify myself as quite rich. But I cannot stand unfairness like the shit load of money the Howard Government pours into private schools and the Labor Government hasn't the guts to redress the situation. This is not, as Howard liked to conveniently dismiss it, "the politics of envy". It is a case of "robbing Paul to pay Peter".

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)