"Student challenges ruling on her HSC" (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I cannot even fathom the stupidity of this girl and her parents. What does she gain in achieving 100UAI? At the moment, anyway? Nothing. Get higher assessment marks? Get rank 1 then, idiot.
but her disability probably didn't allow her to rank first in her school because school's are usually pretty lax and shit with their exam provisions. I had them in year 7 and I only got a paper with words in a bigger font and someone to read the questions to me. That's it. I stopped applying after that.

I think all of you are being insensitive. The HSC is a big thing for all of us, especially on this site, and having the feeling of being cheated out of something you deserve (especially being that close) is the worst.

You're all heartless.

Regardless of how well she went to YOU, she didn't do as well as she could've.

It's like how all the people that live near me and work with me say how well I went and I just want to punch them in the face, because I did shit compared to how I could've gone, and this girl did the same.

And if she wins they will rewrite the misadventure and special provisions guidelines and it will benefit all future students.

So stop complaining.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Mate she is bitching about her HSC from four years ago.
She got one of the highest marks, got into her desired course and (from what ive heard) scored a 10k scholarship.
No need to go aspie 4 years later.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
How the hell did she get past the interview for USYD medicine entry?
Pretty much as long as you aren't a serial killer you can get past the USyd interviews.

Think about the sort of people that get 99.95!

Fuck off. That's all I have to say to her. You know what? I'm going to apply that I was born dumb so I get extra time. I could be getting all state ranks if it wasn't for my disability.
couldn't be born dumb unless you had a form of retardation that made your brain function improperly whilst you were developing.

Intelligence is environmental.

Fuckin lol. and if she didn't want to be named, why would they write that she state ranked chem, let alone 5th in the state. it's publicly available info on the official BOS... wth...
because they wanted to name and "shame" her.

Newspapers are bias and that's the loophole they used to name her.

probably because usyd doesn't need umat and she knew she'd go badly in it because she's a terrible person
:cry:

yes i have
it was my understanding that 99.95ers were guarenteed entry into post grad med once they've completed their undergrad degree (ie not doing gamsat)
This is correct.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Mate she is bitching about her HSC from four years ago.
She got one of the highest marks, got into her desired course and (from what ive heard) scored a 10k scholarship.
No need to go aspie 4 years later.
I think this case has been drawn out over the four years.

She wouldn't just start up about it out of nowhere.

Be logical.

And who cares what course she got into, what scholarship she scored, etc.? It's about the principle that if the system wasn't so screwed she might've been able to get more, and if the system is changed maybe people in that would now score in the lower ATAR ranges could get higher.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
But isnt she complaining about getting hand cramps after writing a lot

I.e. Something that happens to pretty much everyone?

Pfortune35

HSC
It absolutely infuriates me when people complain very harshly even when they have gotten into their desired course. Come on, you got a 99.95 uai. I bet there are many others who are not as fortunate as her. Also, uai and hsc I'm sure doesn't matter after you complete school. No one exactly cares too much about it after that.
To be fair she didn't know she would get 9995 when she was in 11/12. And of she does deserve disibility provision if her claims are genuine

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
But isnt she complaining about getting hand cramps after writing a lot

I.e. Something that happens to pretty much everyone?
Yes, but there there is no doubt in my mind that she had an actual condition (it says in the article is was characterised as hand cramps, not that that was her condition entirely) because she wouldn't have gotten any provisions without it being serious.

Actually, it's the exact same requirements except GAMSAT. They still need a credit-average in the undergraduate course but don't need GAMSAT.
Yes, but getting a credit average is hardly difficult for someone that got 99.95, whereas, performance is GAMSAT and UMAT is in no way really correlated to ATAR. (I haves female friend who got ~92 ATAR and a 92nd percentile UMAT, and a friend who got a 99.7 ATAR and ~50th percentile (I don't even know, but he didn't do exceptionally)).

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
'Malfunctioning of the wrist'. Bitch please ...

Could we have the medical terminology for that disability? After all she is studying medicine yet can't even describe her problem.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
You didn't consider the time breaks she had during her hsc exams for her wrist to recover.
Though it must've been a nagging pain. Not the type of pain where she would've been unable to write at all and in need of a computer to prevent injury to her wrist.

More a challenge of convenience than need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)