Study buddies! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
Namu = hyperactive? Over maths, maybe. But I can't imagine you hyperactive over anything else! I'd like to see that :D

Ey, aren't we all good friends here on BoS? :D Nah with me, what you see is what you get. So I don't think I'd be too quiet when/if I see you guys.
We are but we don't really fully know each other and yeah, it's all awkward in a sense that we only know each by username or whatever. (i know your name by the way and you probably know mine, lol - obviously)

And yeah, I am very hyperactive with maths. I was like dancing and singing dragostea din tei (numa -numa) when I finally got 10 of some random hsc paper and my brother was going like "shut-up", lol.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
ehhh i'm not too sure i'd get in, my academic report wont b tooo good this time i dont think and the principal doesn't know mee! so i dunno, not too confident on this
Your accelerated subject is the most important aspect I guess. I reckon you can easily pull off band 6 in maths if not high band 6 like 97, 98 or 99. You definitely have a good chance, my man.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
We are but we don't really fully know each other and yeah, it's all awkward in a sense that we only know each by username or whatever. (i know your name by the way and you probably know mine, lol - obviously)

And yeah, I am very hyperactive with maths. I was like dancing and singing dragostea din tei (numa -numa) when I finally got 10 of some random hsc paper and my brother was going like "shut-up", lol.
Oh yeah. That's why I try to learn everyone's name instead of their username. It makes us seem like a closer group when we call each other by our first names rather than our usernames.

LOL! I think I can imagine that. Typically with me and maths, I cannot get hyperactive on it in such a way that I'd start dancing. Maybe just an 'Oh yeahhhh' once I get a question right, but that's about it. No dancing or singing involved :uhhuh:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
Oh yeah. That's why I try to learn everyone's name instead of their username. It makes us seem like a closer group when we call each other by our first names rather than our usernames.

LOL! I think I can imagine that. Typically with me and maths, I cannot get hyperactive on it in such a way that I'd start dancing. Maybe just an 'Oh yeahhhh' once I get a question right, but that's about it. No dancing or singing involved :uhhuh:
I get very emotional too. Once I get a question wrong after 20+ lines of working out, I just go "f*** this" and look at solution in despearation...even though it's quite rare in case of 2 unit...

But yeah, I do seem to have some sort of ADHD and ADD depending on different occassions.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
I get very emotional too. Once I get a question wrong after 20+ lines of working out, I just go "f*** this" and look at solution in despearation...even though it's quite rare in case of 2 unit...

But yeah, I do seem to have some sort of ADHD and ADD depending on different occassions.
Haha. That post made me laugh out loud.
See what maths can do to us? :mad1:
Usually when I don't get something I just go 'far out, screw this crap' and go to my sister who goes 'omg, I don't remember this' and starts ripping her hair out. Then after I'd just pop on BoS and ask - the question usually gets solved around about that time :)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
lyounamu said:

yeah same as me, except i dont swear, get heaps annoyed if i get something wrong in maths after lots of working out but i'm also really happy if i get something write about lots of working (especially if its a hard question). feeels sooo goood!!

xJennax

HSC
I wish I had a study buddy for HSC. None of my friends are getting UAIs and consequently don't really care about studying lol.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
xJennax said:
I wish I had a study buddy for HSC. None of my friends are getting UAIs and consequently don't really care about studying lol.
Lol. Are you serious? None???

Why would they even stay at school then? Unless their whole purpose is to get HSC and leave for TAFE...

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
xJennax said:
That is quite tragic that none of your friends care about the HSC. In my school, if that happened, the teachers would kick you out as you are wasting their time and the people who-want-to-learn's time. I think on the inside though, your friends really do care about the HSC, otherwise, why are they at school? :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
That is quite tragic that none of your friends care about the HSC. In my school, if that happened, the teachers would kick you out as you are wasting their time and the people who-want-to-learn's time. I think on the inside though, your friends really do care about the HSC, otherwise, why are they at school? :p
Probably not. They are increasingly demanded by TAFE and other colleges to complete at least HSC...my friend stays at school because of that.

xJennax

HSC
Well they do care about the HSC, but because they don't want to go to uni they don't really care about studying. Most of them have plans for after school (personal trainer, chef, ect.) and feel it's still important to have a HSC.

Wow doctor jolly, they'd kick you out?! There's lot of students in my grade that aren't getting UAI's lol.

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Can they do that in a public school?

My school's private -so if you're not dedicated to your study - they still give you a chance and put you on 'conditional enrollment' , but if you're a complete idiot but try your hardest they'll let you stay.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
the-derivative said:

My school's private -so if you're not dedicated to your study - they still give you a chance and put you on 'conditional enrollment' , but if you're a complete idiot but try your hardest they'll let you stay.
Patrician Brothers, here I come! :D.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:

Yup they can do that at my school. I think about <5 girls have already been kicked out because they haven't been showing a good 'application to learning'. But as with your school, even 'if you're a complete idiot but try your hardest they'll let you stay', so it's all good if you try your hardest :)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Yup they can do that at my school. I think about <5 girls have already been kicked out because they haven't been showing a good 'application to learning'. But as with your school, even 'if you're a complete idiot but try your hardest they'll let you stay', so it's all good if you try your hardest :)
Yeah but that really hurts us ranking wise. We have a lot of people in the bottom end of the spectrum :(

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
the-derivative said:
Yeah but that really hurts us ranking wise. We have a lot of people in the bottom end of the spectrum :(
lol that doesn't really matter, doesn't affect u though, and it'll look better on ur ranks!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
yeah same as me, except i dont swear, get heaps annoyed if i get something wrong in maths after lots of working out but i'm also really happy if i get something write about lots of working (especially if its a hard question). feeels sooo goood!!
As long as you're not like Lau. He actually says like: "Yess" after he gets a hard question right. So frustrating in exams. :p

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
lol that doesn't really matter, doesn't affect u though, and it'll look better on ur ranks!
It'll impact on you, if you have idiots in your classes, and then when you do externals as a cohort, the people in the lower spectrum may possibly fuck you up with their pathetic marks. Of course, if you are rank 1 or 2, it should not affect you :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)