• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

study space (2 Viewers)

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
My desk is opposite my computer. It has its advantages and disadvantages. It's good if I want to check something [we haven't unpacked all the books yet], I just push and my chair sails straight to the other desk. Quick referencing!
I only got it [the desk] recently, but it has been great for doing holiday work. I used to have to use the dining table, and it was a pain moving stuff so we could eat dinner.

My desk currently looks like it's been hit by a tornado, I've got books, paper, folders, textbooks, pencils, stationery and Christmas presents everywhere. :lol:

I did study nights at school in the library last term, but it was such a hassle remembering to get all the correct books out, and then I'd get distracted by the books on the shelves and end up reading those, or talking to the other people there.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Never been to the state library too far....

YAY for wollongong ref library but i don't study there really so yeah

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yes.. but once school starts (this friday) im not (NOT NOT NOT) going to be online before 9pm..
i will have it in my sig and people can abuse me if they see me on

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Tenille
Never been to the state library too far....
it's good if you like quietness :)

oh, and if you don't mind seeing the same bunch of homebush boys walking past your table (because it's near the stairs) every five minutes -___-

hmm. i can't believe it. i actually miss the library! :chainsaw:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
yes.. but once school starts (this friday) im not (NOT NOT NOT) going to be online before 9pm..
i will have it in my sig and people can abuse me if they see me on
we'll c how ya plan works- many ppl. have tried these sorta approaches such as winston (sorry couldn't think of an another example), but he just kept on comming back. :D

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
actually i can do it if im motivated.. even if i do finish all my work i go and watch tv or something as long as im not online before 9pm.. i did it at the beginning of this yr before i realised nothing counted lol
i went for a whole month without the internet in like september.. i had to keep going to my bros house to type up and print things

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
actually i can do it if im motivated.. even if i do finish all my work i go and watch tv or something as long as im not online before 9pm.. i did it at the beginning of this yr before i realised nothing counted lol
i went for a whole month without the internet in like september.. i had to keep going to my bros house to type up and print things
yeah, u need something "external" to stop u from getting addicted...eg. telling your parents to make the password for the net, and to not give it to u until a certain time. :s

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i still dont get how state library works? u have to order ur books and it takes like 20 mins to get them? uhh ok then?
yeah that's a bit dodgy
and then you gotta fill in that bloody slip for the mitchell library... and most of the excel books or study guides etc, you have to read in the special "supervised" section, so you gotta drag your stuff up with you.... so usually i dont' bother lol

but it's great if you want to get some solid studying done.

i used to wake up at 8am, catch the 8:20 bus, grab a huge latte from gloria jeans, and then bury myself in one of the booths (or a 4seater, if others were coming). get there before 10:30am and you can get a nice seat :D

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Argh I went to the state library and they dont let you borrow books! I mean whats the point of going there if u cant BORROW...its a library goddamit!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
is the mitchell library at a different place? i just kinda sat down at a table with some other people there and got my cafs work done.. near the reference section cuz i had to look up statistics
i didnt really go exploring because i was by myself and i had no idea what i was doing lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)