Study Time (1 Viewer)

pillar

HSC
I was supposed to study English today (lol what a joke) but went to movies with friends instead... now I cbfed wasting my time tonight so I'll have to cram it tommorrow.

HSC
wow, fixed times. thats... wow. fixed LOL.

i just try to set a guideline for myself. do whatever i have to do then im done. but that doesnt seem to happen nowadays. all i do is bludge.

i know some guy who studies like 25hrs+ a week studying. n omfg hes sooo smart. wish i could do that.. but then id have no life. not like i have one now anyways xD

so yeah, if anyone has a study routine thats effective... plz share =]

sharing is caring!! LOL

kiniki

HSC
Namu, I would love it if you'd be able to PM your study routine, or atleast any helpful tips.. no matter what I do, i seem to always be up to 4am the morning of an assesment studying or doing an essay due that afternoon. Or I study my ass off for maths then fry my brain and burn out in the last three days before the test and do shit all :( and don't even get me started on how much english stresses me out! :cold:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Lol, I just came across this thread.

I cannot give you guys my routine. It's not that I am competitive or anything. It's just plain stupid. It worked for a short period of time before HSC (about 3 months) where I really improved alot. But this is really retarded because you have no life at all.

You will seriously destroy your body routine after HSC...my body is really screwed up esp my sleeping pattern now.

Besides, this study routine is deeply associted with one's sleeping pattern. You will have to change your sleeping pattern and everything and I guarantee you, unless you are like me back in year 11, you will fail this immediately.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i appreciate that namu is amazing and must be studying pretty hard to be going as well as he is, but ultimately, everyone is different and different things work for them, so isnt it better if you just make your own study timetable instead of using someone elses?
lol

I am ultimately going downhill this year. I don't want to see you kids absolutely killing year 11 and under-performing year 12 work due to burn out and everything.

I will stress this to everyone again. I can give my routine... but I won't. If you are stupid enough to change your sleeping pattern and go full out for Prelim that is almost meaningless, my routine is for you.

Even if you are some HSC student who wants to start cramming, I cannot give mine to you because you are HSC student and cannot afford to take such risk by chaning your sleeping pattern.

I mean, I "created" this and I am failing to restart it now. So who would be able to do well with this? This is almost suicidal.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, I just came across this thread.

I cannot give you guys my routine. It's not that I am competitive or anything. It's just plain stupid. It worked for a short period of time before HSC (about 3 months) where I really improved alot. But this is really retarded because you have no life at all.

You will seriously destroy your body routine after HSC...my body is really screwed up esp my sleeping pattern now.

Besides, this study routine is deeply associted with one's sleeping pattern. You will have to change your sleeping pattern and everything and I guarantee you, unless you are like me back in year 11, you will fail this immediately.
Haha, I'm not that serious about school... xD rofl

Afterall, what's it going to achieve? balance is essential and you can simply transfer courses in university anyway... gloating is no fun in the end either. :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Haha, I'm not that serious about school... xD rofl

Afterall, what's it going to achieve? balance is essential and you can simply transfer courses in university anyway... gloating is no fun in the end either. :D
my thought exactly.

I got alot out of that "routine" but at the end, it brought more drawbacks.

duckcowhybrid, you have to listen to your ruse mates. I was talking to them and they are pretty damn smart you know. N (won't name him) dude said that he only does homework and he is getting 99.35 estimate, your school's homework must be some awesome study tool. or listen to VA who seems to be killing cosmo this year.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
my thought exactly.

I got alot out of that "routine" but at the end, it brought more drawbacks.

duckcowhybrid, you have to listen to your ruse mates. I was talking to them and they are pretty damn smart you know. N (won't name him) dude said that he only does homework and he is getting 99.35 estimate, your school's homework must be some awesome study tool. or listen to VA who seems to be killing cosmo this year.
WOW! that kid is gifted.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep. He is on facebook/msn all day and he just kills everyone in the subject. ahh, remind me of someone very special in my year.
Is he a child prodigy in the field of nerd? That's just not fair >_> lol.

samthebear

HSC
balance is the key - easier said than done but its up to the individual to determine what is 'balance' for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
What you do is just get a tutor for the subjects you need...Tell them you want to revise and get top marks. Try to get more than one tutor to fill up your free time. Some 1 on 1 tutors out there are really friendly and knows a lot.

To actually do things you need ot be in the right setting, with distraction removed. You need as much help, support and guadaince as possible. Never work alone. That is why you do much work at school every day for 6 hours. Except it was taught in a classroom situation.

HSC is one of the most important things in your life, take it seriously. Tell your parents you really want a tutor. Spend a little and it will go a long way.

K

khorne

lol..study...

I have adapted my own way at looking at things. For example, maths, is not a subjust. Ever since year 7, it has become a lifestyle...and one I enjoy, so there is no problem with "study" for maths or doing it....It's kind of how people like sport..but maths is a sport for your mind. So yeah, that's easy.

Apart from that, 1 hour per year 11 subjects and about..umm 10 minutes for year 10 ones. Overall, I probably do about 3-4 hours of maths a day, but that's very disjointed. I might find a problem I like, and do it, get back on msn etc, find another one etc.

I think this way, studying is a lot more enjoyable and easier to handle.

kiniki

HSC
LOL Namu! this routine that you speak of sounds lethal and intense, what'd you do, become nocturnal? I need my own sort of routine hey, honestly but, am i the only year 11 person that does zero homework? i study for yr12 maths but other than that, i do shit all :cold: bar doing essays and cramming the night before assesments and due assignments

serious question here guys

i need to some how gain momentum, in reference to the amount of study and effort put into homework in preparation for year 12...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)